PDA

View Full Version : Good A/V choice to go with HEM

Gregster6
04-10-2009, 06:58 PM
Team HEM,

In your experience what anti-virus programmes co-operate best with HEM?

After getting sick of my recurring connection / freezing / .Net this-that-&-the-other problems I resigned myself to getting a new dedicated poker PC.

Over the last year or so I've had this problem repeatedly and have posted here, been sent on a tour of the FAQ's, painstakingly installed things, re-installed things, started new databases etc.

As a last ditch effort I tried playing a session on my current desktop with the A/V uninstalled. To my surprise / pleasant relief HEM has started-up problem free and has not frozen-up during the session. This is almost unheard of for me over the last year or so and I'm chuffed.

I'm drawing the (possibly incorrect) conclusion that NOD32 (current A/V) is the culprit here. I'd be interested to know:
1. If you have any knowledge of other NOD / HEM compatibility issues (or perhaps it is NOD / Postgres as most of my problems seem to have a connection flavour), and
2. Are there any A/V products that seem to work particularly well with HEM postgres?

Cheers

Greg

morny
04-10-2009, 07:01 PM
Avast and AVG have worked without any problems for me, AVG is free im not 100% on avast

TripQuads
04-11-2009, 03:33 AM
Avast has a free version as well.

Gregster6
04-17-2009, 06:23 AM
Exluding postgreSQL and HEM folders from NOD32 scanning has done the trick.

I am very happy.

I would recommend that anyone with connection establishment / locking-up problems tries this early on in their efforts to resolve the problem.

It could save you a lot of time prawning around!

Cheers

Sebhki
04-17-2009, 07:47 AM
f-secure works great for me

JackBileDuct
04-17-2009, 12:57 PM
Nod32 is the gamer's choice for AV. Light on resrouces and not bloatware like MacAfee or Symantec. I can actually use my computer while Nod32 is doing a scan. Being using it a year and they had one major update in which x64 systems had issues for a couple of hours but other than that it is been the best AV I've used.

http://www.consumersearch.com/antivirus-software

http://www.eset.com/

Al1
04-17-2009, 01:04 PM
I use avast, it's free and works perfectly.