PDA

View Full Version : HEM Learning Strategies?

JasPer69
04-10-2009, 05:04 PM
I'm using PT2, and TI, when playing SnGs on PS, Party, and the iPoker Network. My PT2 database is ~300MB, and it's HH database is ~130MB, which will present many challenges when/if I convert to HEM (I do have the HH files, so will not have to export HHs from PT).

It's pretty clear that HEM is considerably more feature-rich than PT2, and will present a steep learning curve, which could distract me whilst playing for real money, and I note with regret that HEM doesn't support play money (using play money would, IMHO, allow newbies like me to learn the application, at no cost).

So here's my question, and please forgive if asked and answered: What strategies have people in my position adopted to convert seamlessly and painlessly from PT2 to HEM?

Does anyone have any recommendations, or cautions to offer, especially as regards the HUD?

Much thanx for responses
Jas

Hunter
04-10-2009, 05:27 PM
long ago i was in your same spot. I started by replicating my paHud in HEM, then ran both products at the same time. That way while playing if I ever got frustrated, I would shutdown HEM, launch paHud, and be back in familiar territory in no time. Honestly if your comfortable with PT, its not going to take long to figure out how to do all the same things in HEM. After that you just slowly learn the new features as you have time/want to.

earlharbo
05-02-2009, 03:24 PM
I've also found that reading the manual helps, even though it is very dry and boring to do. I'd start with one thing at a time, read up on it, and try it. Takes a while but I've found lots of new cool stuff in the manuals that I probably wouldn't have found on my own. I used to use Pokeroffice which is significantly different. Spent most time memorizing and messing with hud. Now I'm glad i took the time to do it as i can see the equity in my cash games.