PDA

View Full Version : iPoker export/import errors

holland3r
07-03-2011, 12:41 PM
I'm getting a lot of errors importing iPoker hands from my old database. I exported the hands from an 8.3 database running HEM 1.11.06g to a fresh database on another computer running 8.4 and 1.11.06g. Approximately 1/10th of the hands failed to import.

Here are a couple hands which returned errors:

edit: it doesn't seem to like me pasting in the hands

Patvs
07-03-2011, 05:27 PM
Can you attach a hand?

Instead of exporting them from the old database, can you import the original handhistories from your archive folder into the new database?

Update to: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/82571-1-11-07-pre-release.html

holland3r
07-03-2011, 08:43 PM
I uploaded a portion of my import errors log file. Not sure if you need the original, corresponding exported hands -- if so I can give you those too.

Unfortunately I don't think it's possible to import directly from the archive, unless I misunderstand how it works. I've already moved the database a couple of times and did not import the bulk of the hands using the computer on which the database now resides.

netsrak
07-04-2011, 03:32 AM
We need the original handhistories. You should find them in the archive folder (default c:\hmarchive) and you can attach them to a post or mail them with link to this thread to support@holdemmanager.com

holland3r
07-04-2011, 09:13 AM
Unfortunately I don't have archived versions of the hands because the computer from which I'm exporting the hands is not the computer on which I originally imported them.

Would emailing you one of the exported hand histories be helpful?

Patvs
07-04-2011, 09:33 AM
The hands that are currently importing as errors (1/10th of the hands) are all corrupt.

They don't look at all like hands in the original ipoker formatting. There is information missing in all the hands. Stacksize shows: ="$10000000" for every player.
Is it possible 10% of your hands were purchased hands from HandHQ?

holland3r
07-04-2011, 09:37 AM
Yes, some of my hands were purchased from them. However after importing everything into my new database, I'm also missing some of the hands that I played personally.

Patvs
07-04-2011, 03:42 PM
Do you still have access to your archive folder on your other computer?
Never export hands--> reimport them.

But reimport the original handhistories.

holland3r
07-04-2011, 04:13 PM
No, I wish I did. I'll certainly keep that in mind from now on.

Being that I no longer have the original archive, is there any good solution for moving the hands?

Patvs
07-04-2011, 10:14 PM
Create three backups of your current database.
-2 in pgadminIII: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/72/Backup%26RestoreDatabase

-3 export the hands
When you export hands, some characteristics of the hand can get lost, so those hands cannot be imported again. (so you only need to do this, if you've completely lost your # (1) and (2) backup)

-1 always make a backup of your archive folder, and save the original handhistories. If you play on PokerStars/Full Tilt/PartyPoker you don't have to worry about this, because if you email them you can request the handhistories for every hand you've ever played.