PDA

View Full Version : Scanner Crashing HEM

JH1
04-10-2009, 03:13 PM
I just installed 1.08 beta 26.

Everything else works great but when I click on the table scanner tab it instantly says HEM has stopped working and closes the program. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and the same thing still happens.

I play on Stars fwiw.

I'm running Vista as admin.

:confused:

Hunter
04-10-2009, 04:29 PM
This happened to me the first time i tried to scan stars. I realized I wasn't logged into stars, logged in and tried again, and it worked perfectly FWIW.

Mr_Snood
04-10-2009, 08:55 PM
Hmmm. Doesn't make much sense to me right now :)

Is there anything in the FishFinder.txt in your HoldemManager directory?
(default location: C:\program files\rvgsoftware\HoldemManager)

JH1
04-10-2009, 09:48 PM
Hmmm. Doesn't make much sense to me right now :)

Is there anything in the FishFinder.txt in your HoldemManager directory?
(default location: C:\program files\rvgsoftware\HoldemManager)

Yes. The text file is full of Load Statistic errors.

Would starting a new database and reimporting all my hands help?
(I've got 1.5 million Stars hands played and would rather not have to right now if I don't need to).

JH1
04-10-2009, 09:53 PM
This happened to me the first time i tried to scan stars. I realized I wasn't logged into stars, logged in and tried again, and it worked perfectly FWIW.

I tried this about 15 times with the Stars client logged in.

I also tried this with the Stars client closed and my FTP account logged in. Still the same thing.

JH1
04-12-2009, 09:14 AM
I just installed beta 27 and it's still insta-crashing on me when I click the scanner tab.

I'm totally lost.

Would it help to uninstall HEM and delete the entire RVG folder and then reinstall 1.07 followed by 1.08 beta 27?

mikew0707
04-12-2009, 01:24 PM
Same problem, I am running beta 27 with stars...when I click on scan it brings up Stars lobby and then end program screen comes up and HEM is cancelled

Mr_Snood
04-12-2009, 03:40 PM
If it crashs please check that "font smoothing" is disabled.

Windows XP:
1) Go to Control Panel
2) Click the "Display" icon
3) Click the "Appearance" Tab
4) Click the "Effects" button
5) Change the font to use "Standard" and not "ClearType"

Vista:
1) Open the classic Appearance Settings dialog.
2) Right click on the desktop and choose Personalize.
3) Click on Window Color and Appearance
4) If you have Aero enabled, you'll have to click on "Open classic appearance properties for more color options".
5) Click on the "Effects…" button and make sure the checkbox for font smoothing is disabled.

Boglord
04-12-2009, 07:53 PM
If it crashs please check that "font smoothing" is disabled.

Windows XP:
1) Go to Control Panel
2) Click the "Display" icon
3) Click the "Appearance" Tab
4) Click the "Effects" button
5) Change the font to use "Standard" and not "ClearType"

Vista:
1) Open the classic Appearance Settings dialog.
2) Right click on the desktop and choose Personalize.
3) Click on Window Color and Appearance
4) If you have Aero enabled, you'll have to click on "Open classic appearance properties for more color options".
5) Click on the "Effects…" button and make sure the checkbox for font smoothing is disabled.

This fixed the instant crash but I now get HEM to crash mid scan. It's getting frustrating :/

Also tried scans with brand new databases and nothing.

JH1
04-12-2009, 07:58 PM
I tried this earlier today and it didn't help me at all. HEM was also switching me automatically to font smoothing disabled and I tried multiple times with it turned on and off.

I totally wiped HEM from my system, reinstalled 1.07, then beta 27.

Decided to try a brand new database and I am currently reimporting hands (11 hours to go) to start fresh. I'm going to try the scanner again tomorrow morning.

Lok9
04-12-2009, 08:10 PM
I'm experiencing the same crashes with beta 27. All was good with beta 24.

I'm on WinXP trying to scan PStars.

Mr_Snood
04-12-2009, 08:53 PM
I totally wiped HEM from my system, reinstalled 1.07, then beta 27.

Decided to try a brand new database and I am currently reimporting hands (11 hours to go) to start fresh. I'm going to try the scanner again tomorrow morning.

I don't think this will make any difference.

Just have a pit patience until one of the next beta versions please. :)

JH1
04-16-2009, 12:20 AM
I installed beta 28 this evening and was so disappointed when HEM still crashed on me... :(

BUT THEN...

I read something about Ultra Mon problems. I run a similar app called Display Fusion. I disabled that and it started working perfectly! So I assume the last beta versions worked too and it was my app causing problems. :) Awesome product guys!

Mr_Snood
04-16-2009, 12:55 AM
What's UltraMon and DisplayFusion?

Where can I download that? :)

WindowsXP or Vista?

Rappel
04-16-2009, 07:00 AM
What's UltraMon and DisplayFusion?

Where can I download that? :)

WindowsXP or Vista?

Both are tools for multi-display management.

They do things like stretching your taskbar or background wallpapers over multiple monitors.

JH1
04-16-2009, 08:27 AM
I installed beta 28 this evening and was so disappointed when HEM still crashed on me... :(

BUT THEN...

I read something about Ultra Mon problems. I run a similar app called Display Fusion. I disabled that and it started working perfectly! So I assume the last beta versions worked too and it was my app causing problems. :) Awesome product guys!

I spoke too soon. It worked very very well last night, but his morning it started crashing again. I even have my 2nd monitor disabled. I did not restart my computer between then and now or even do anything else on it as I went to sleep after my last post. :(

lorus
04-16-2009, 09:17 AM
I have a similar Problem.

If I start scanning, and then continue playing on my tables, HoldemManager crashs sporadic after a while without any error. HUD and TableManager Keeps running, but the HUD doesn't refresh without Holdemmanager running.

I'm playing at Pokerstars with HEM 1.08 Beta 27

Mr_Snood
04-17-2009, 12:51 AM
It worked very very well last night, but his morning it started crashing again.
The focus at beta 28 was on adding the server side scanning.
I will try to sort out the client side scanning issues with beta 29 and 30.

TJD
04-17-2009, 04:25 AM
Scanner works on FTP when no tables open.

If I have tables open and then clic on the table scanner tab - insta crash

In task manager, HUD; HMupdate and manager still show in processes running but not in applications running

t

Mr_Snood
04-17-2009, 04:45 AM
Scanner works on FTP when no tables open.

If I have tables open and then clic on the table scanner tab - insta crash

In task manager, HUD; HMupdate and manager still show in processes running but not in applications running

t
You probably need the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=200B2FD9-AE1A-4A14-984D-389C36F85647&displaylang=en

JH1
04-18-2009, 07:20 AM
Is there any way that I can change it from client side to server side without going into the scanner tab? Because it insta-crashes on me I can't get into the settings on the scanner tab (or is there a way to stop it from insta-crashing long enough for me to get in there).

Mr_Snood
04-18-2009, 01:41 PM
Beta 29 will help us to find the problem.

When it crashs email me (metasys@gmx.de) the FishFinder.txt from your HoldemManager installation directory please.
(Default C:\program files\rvgsoftware\holdemmanager)

Mr_Snood
04-19-2009, 06:00 AM
1) Please take a look at your HoldemManager installation directory and the subfolder "FishFinder/Images".
How many images are in this folder?

2) Delete all files from the "colors" subfolder.

3) Delete all files from the "scoring" subfolder.

Paidi
04-19-2009, 01:02 PM
It still crashes for me in beta29 instantly when i press the Table scanner. I have 9 objects in the Fishfinder/Images folder. Here is the error report

http://web.comhem.se/~u85869540/c658_appcompat.txt

http://web.comhem.se/~u85869540/FishFinder.txt

Mr_Snood
04-19-2009, 01:06 PM
It still crashes for me in beta29 instantly when i press the Table scanner. I have 9 objects in the Fishfinder/Images folder. Here is the error report

http://web.comhem.se/~u85869540/c658_appcompat.txt

http://web.comhem.se/~u85869540/FishFinder.txt

Not sure what's wrong but something with your installation is messed up.

The "FishFinder.txt" says "FishFinder v0.04",
while beta 29 is "FishFinder v0.06"...

+

It searches the files in the wrong folder...
"C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\FishFinder\FishFinder\colors\"
instead of
C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\FishFinder\colors\

JH1
04-19-2009, 01:48 PM
1) Please take a look at your HoldemManager installation directory and the subfolder "FishFinder/Images".
How many images are in this folder?

2) Delete all files from the "colors" subfolder.

3) Delete all files from the "scoring" subfolder.

There are 9 images in the folder:
abs, everest, ftp, ip, none, ongame, party, prima, stars

I deleted 1 file from both subfolders, both named "empty."

I'm thinking my installation is messed up too since my Table Manager stopped launching automatically a while back when I hit Start Import and doesn't work with the HUD Options > Relaunch HUD method either. I have to manually use the Table Manager executeable from the RVG/HEM folder to start it.

How would we go about fixing our installations? I've tried both installing over top of past versions and also uninstalled via Control Panel > Remove Programs and then reinstalled multiple times and it has never fixed this issue for me. Would this be somehow related to the Scanner issues?

Oh and I've also noticed that HMImport keeps running in my Task Manager > Processes even after I stop importing and close HEM.
I'm thinking it has to be something wrong with the original installation if the Scanner is working for a lot of people but beta after beta doesn't work for a few of us.
How would we go about completely wiping HEM from our systems for a totally clean install, ie. registry and everything and other locations for HEM files besides the RVG folder.

Paidi
04-20-2009, 07:06 AM
I tried uninstalling everything and installed Beta29 again, and the same thing happens.

There wasnīt even a new fishfinder.txt after the crash this time.
Can it be some other program that is corrupt on our computers that is messing with holdemmanager?

Mr_Snood
04-20-2009, 11:13 AM
Beta 30 will give us some more information in the logfile...

Paidi
04-21-2009, 08:48 AM
Installed beta 30. Same thing happens. Even copied the Fishfinder directory and made another on top of it to see if that would work. "FishFinder/FishFinder"
I forgot to tell before that first when i press the table scanner. Sometimes it doesnīt crash right away. Itīs just greyed out and i canīt press any of the buttons, and when i press cashgame or tourney and then back to Table Scanner the buttons becomes active and i can see the few colors and looks like itīs gonna work, but then crashes after a few seconds.

Here is the error report from the crash. It didnīt write any new Fishfinder.txt.

http://web.comhem.se/~u85869540/74bf_appcompat.txt

JH1
04-24-2009, 12:24 AM
I'm really not sure what else to try seeing as how this is basically being released as a working version any day now and I've just installed beta 32. I've done everything possible from reinstalling fresh using the directions Morny emailed me to adding HEM and Table Manager to my firewall exception list and I have Clear Type turned off. I have dual monitors but I've tried disconnecting one and then the other with no success.

Still insta crashes on me no matter what. I don't know how or why it worked exactly one time that I opened it a few days ago.

Is there a file I can send you that will show what's going on?

I've attached the Fishfinder.txt

Mr_Snood
04-24-2009, 05:16 AM
Can you contact me via:
AIM: MrSnoodSpadeEye
or
MSN: spadeit@hotmail.de
to set up a teamviewer session?

Mr_Snood
04-24-2009, 10:01 AM
Okay, managed to solve JH1's problem.

Can you contact me too Paidi?

Or try the following:
Delete the "FishFinder" folder from the Registry under
"HKEY_CURRENTUSER\Software\\HoldemManager\\FishFind er\\"
and retry.

JH1
04-24-2009, 10:02 AM
ty ty! works perfectly.

Mr_Snood
04-25-2009, 02:01 AM
Version 1.08 will fix that crash problem :)

JH1
04-25-2009, 02:03 AM
Yeah I just tried it out. Works every time now, I've restarted HEM 4 times with no crashing. good stuff!

debakel3
05-02-2009, 03:23 AM
using HEM 1.08.01 on win xp

1. tablesanner works when i scan the tabels on pokerstars, but everytime i click the join button HEM crashes.

2. empire poker still not recognized with HEM v1.08.01 !

Mr_Snood
05-06-2009, 10:49 PM
1. tablesanner works when i scan the tabels on pokerstars, but everytime i click the join button HEM crashes.

Clear Type fonts in windows are disabled?

2. empire poker still not recognized with HEM v1.08.01 !
Okay, will take another look.

debakel3
05-07-2009, 02:01 AM
both is working now, thx for taking care;

1. the clear type checkbox was always set back, but now its stable for some reason.
2. empire works too, only i dont know why, mabye it has also to do with clear type?