PDA

View Full Version : Reinstall SQL Failed

fuzzypup
07-02-2011, 06:08 PM
My DB got corrupted. I wiped and decided to update 8.3 to the latest SQL. I have XP SP3

When I reinstalled. I got the could not connect to server error. Access denied.

uninstalled SQL
uninstalled HM
Hosts file is correct
Removed the user for postsql
Wiped the directory
Made sure remnants were removed
Rebooted PC after doing this
Did the above 4x - Tried postsql 9.0, 8.4, 8.3 and none worked, same error.

I read all the FAQs. Perhaps I missed one?

Patvs
07-02-2011, 10:06 PM
Is your secondary logon running?
The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.

Try installing SQL 8.2.21
PostgreSQL: Choose a Mirror (http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/download/mirrors-ftp/binary/v8.2.21/win32/postgresql-8.2.21-1.zip)

fuzzypup
07-03-2011, 01:43 AM
That was already working, checked it.

netsrak
07-03-2011, 05:13 AM
When you try to install Postgresql - do you get any error messages?
Do you see a Postgresql service in the windows services? Is this service running or not?

Are you using any 3rd party firewall, anti-spyware, adaware, tuning or registry cleaning programs? and if yes which ones?

Did you try to install postgresql to a different folder or partition like c:\postgres or d:\postgres?

fuzzypup
07-03-2011, 01:37 PM
The Postgresql service never runs

I had disabled all firewalls and AVs. I have Windows FW and Avast. I never had a problem before.

I have to assume by this point its something in the registry. I ran CCleaner to no avail. Funny I tried to restore the PC from backup to a previous version 3m ago and my CD-ROM failed to read the CD and my external USB locked up my PC in POST. Like everything is going wrong.

Im going to try a restore point 1st to hopefully correct the registry and installing it on a different directory.

Patvs
07-03-2011, 04:16 PM
Did you try 8.2.x?
8.2.x will never not run.

fuzzypup
07-03-2011, 07:14 PM
I tried all versious none run

netsrak
07-04-2011, 03:30 AM
Please schedule a remote support session with our support. Email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread and your forum name, so we can setup a Teamviewer (http://www.holdemmanager.net/teamviewer) session.

fuzzypup
07-04-2011, 04:23 PM
Dont worry about it. Im going to wipe the PC and reinstall an OS. it only does poker anyways.