PDA

View Full Version : 3 beginners questions

bm:uk
07-02-2011, 05:51 PM
Hi people,

I use Hold'em Manager for playing Sit 'N Gos.

I am new to the software and lost my overview on all the videos and topics.

I have installed HM to my new computer, so far I played exactely 15 Sit 'N Go
tables on that system. There are not more Hand History Files than these.
I did klick "save my Hand History" in my poker-software options before I started playing.

Problems are:
1) I see HM did import my Hand History, but I can not see the Stats, Data View,
Graph or Trending when check my Tourney Results. (HM -> Tourney -> Results)
2) I see as soon as HM has the Hand History files imported, they disappear
from the folder the poker software saves them in, how can I change that?
3) Well I'm gonna find that out on my own, want to fix the HUD to specific positions
on the table because they're all anywhere, and i want to edit what the HUD shows me...

Thanks in advance

edit: my system runs windows 7 64bit

Patvs
07-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Update to: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/82571-1-11-07-pre-release.html

On which site are you playing these SNGs?
-1 If you play them on PokerStars, make sure the summaries are also imported. Read the tournament summary section @ http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/6/PokerStarsSetup

-2 The hands are moved to the archive folder, C:/HMArchive.
You should not disable the archiving of the hands.

-3 Setup the seating preferences: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/34/PreferredSeating
And right-click drag/move the HUD panels. In TableManager click File--> Save Positions.

07-04-2011, 02:15 PM
I did update to the newest version.

1) Yes, PS. I did add "save Tournament summary" as well. After that I played 8 new Sit 'n Gos. All files got imported, ( I think so bc HM shows me 111 players now, still I cannot check any details of these players) and still I can not check my Sit 'n Go results (Tourney -> Results -> Stats, Data View, Graph and Trending: nothing shown there.

Also I did "unhide all hidden files". As a consequence I can see all usually hidden folders. But still, for example the folder C:\Users\MyUsername shows me a "lock". (view picture)
Should I change the settings for this folder? (picture)
It looks like HM is able to import hands from folders wich are in this folder, so this shouldnt be the reason for the problem. Should I still change the settings for this folder?

2) I did not find the folder C:\HMArchive
When I added the following folder: C:\Users\MY USER NAME\AppData\Local\PokerStars\TournSummary\ to the list of auto import folders, it did also ask me for where to save old hand histroy files before it allowed me to add the TournSummary folder to the auto import list. So I created a folder to save these old files. Are these the archive files? Why did it ask me where to save em, why wearen't they auto saved in folder C:\HMArchive

I hope it's just an easy mistake I'm doin. I tried to explain everything as clearly as possible. Thanks in advance bm:uk

07-04-2011, 02:45 PM
To summarize my steps:

I did check the the PS options and added "save my tournament summaries"
I did play 8 sit n go on PS while runnin HM with auto import all files.
I did check if it works now, it didnt.
I saw the folder for tournament summaries wasnt added in HM so I did manually add it to the list in HM and imported the files. (8 files were imported, played 8 sit n gos)
As well I did create a new folder for old hand histroy files as HM asked me to do so.

All hidden folders are shown.
My username folder still has a lock sign (picture), but this, I think, is only important for network settings and has nothing to do with HM.

I run windows7 64 bit, I have admin rights on the computer.

Thanks for your reply Patvs.

07-04-2011, 05:04 PM
I found the solution for the problem, no need to answer to this matter anymore, thanks anyways.

Another thing: I just saw theres a new program in my windows list: Application Stack Builder (picture)

What is this good for?
Should I install it?
pgAdmin III - PostgreSQL 8.4 is installed already so what is this good for now?

thanks

Patvs
07-04-2011, 10:11 PM
Can you attach your holdemmanager.config file, which can be found in the HoldemManager/Config folderif you still have import problems.

---

You don't have to run stack builder. Stack builder will optimize the postgresql.conf file (assigning more memory to PostgreSQL)

Read:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html

(and manually edit the file yourself instead of using stack builder)