PDA

View Full Version : Odd problems with weirdo setup.

LivingFrog
04-09-2009, 12:24 PM
Hi,

I have been using Holdem Manager on my desktop and laptop for several months now and love it. Following the instructions in your FAQ, I currently use one database hosted on the desktop; the laptop shares that database over the internet via dynamic dns. It works great.

I just bought a MacBook and cannot get a working duplicate setup using Parallels running XP SP2 and .NET 2.0 SP2.

HM 1.07 and 1.08 beta 22 will start up, access the remote db--all the tabs work, but will not display the HUD (the HUD displayed one time, and once it showed the table stats and nothing else, but every other time I have tried, it won't display). The table manager shows the table, but consistently reads 0 hands. The table finder does not find any unattached hands.

I have tried the 1.08 beta 25b hoping that will solve the problem. Unfortunately, it fails at start-up with a Windows exception error. I have uninstalled HM several times and started with 1.07 and walked my way up the release chain to 1.08 25b several times. I always get the same results.

I am not sure how to begin trouble shooting this, I have searched the forums and the FAQ and can't find anything salient. I imagine this isn't enough information, let me know what else you need for me to do.

Thanks,

Mike

morny
04-09-2009, 06:41 PM
Theres another Beta out now Beta 26, can you try that please http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmOmaha.exe

LivingFrog
04-10-2009, 01:58 PM
This fixed most of the problems. Two problems remain:

I cannot import my HUD configuration from my desktop to my laptop. When I try to import it, it gives an exception and says invalid url. It doesn't crash, but gives the option to quite or continue. I am importing a FT config.

Also, clicking on the table scanner tab causes the app to crash.

Thanks!

Mike

Theres another Beta out now Beta 26, can you try that please http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmOmaha.exe

morny
04-10-2009, 02:44 PM
Can you post a screenshot of that import error please, also attach the layout your trying to import.

Can you post the table scanner issue in the Table Scanner forum as Sven wont see this thread

LivingFrog
04-11-2009, 03:06 PM
Hi,

Oddly, I can no longer get the Table Scanner to repeat its failure. Nothing changed since I last used it. But I will post in the Scanner forum if I can recreate the error.

On the filter import, as I don't have an image handling program on the mac yet, it is easier to just type in the error from the dialog box. It is a standard exception dialog with Details, Continue, and Quit as the options. I have attached the layout file as well.

Minor bug (which may be a known bug), the Hud will not launch automatically and must be started from Explorer.

Thanks,

Mike

The error it throws off is:

Player Preferences
Unhandled exception has occurred in your application.....blah blah blah.... If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.

From the Details Box

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.UriFormatException: Invalid URI: The hostname could not be parsed.
at System.Uri.CreateThis(String uri, Boolean dontEscape, UriKind uriKind)
at System.Uri..ctor(String uriString, UriKind uriKind)
at System.Xml.XmlResolver.ResolveUri(Uri baseUri, String relativeUri)
at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.ResolveUri(Uri baseUri, String relativeUri)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl..ctor(String url, XmlNameTable nt)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReader..ctor(String url, XmlNameTable nt)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
at HoldemManager.ԓ.ዧ(Object ԡ, EventArgs Ԣ)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventAr gs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

morny
04-11-2009, 04:03 PM
That layout is corrupted, can you try exporting it again, if it persists it might be quicker to manually configure the hud or just copy and replace the prefs.xml file instead from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config on your old pc to the new pc and then restart HM