PDA

View Full Version : 1.08 B26 - My big list of scanner problems & suggestions

kidpokeher
04-09-2009, 06:00 AM
Hi Mr Snood,

Recognized your work and figured you were behind the creation of this scanner even before you outed yourself. I have a large list (sorry) but I wanted to make sure they were all problems in the most recent beta before I posted. I'm not sure how the three different sections of your scanner window should be named so I'll just refer to them as Window1, 2, 3.

1) Scoring - there's a problem with the way the min and max default values work with BB/100. For instance, if a fishy player sits down and in his first hand he wins a big pot, it could make his BB/100 extremely large like +1247 for example. Because of this, these players may not be scored because they don't fit within the BB/100 defaults of -10 & +10. Is there any way to make it so it doesn't use this criteria at all unless we specifically enter a value? A 'nil' value perhaps?

2) To a lesser extent, this could also happen with # of Hands scoring if we happen to have over 10K hands on a player. Ignoring 'nil' values may eventually help here as well.

3) To get around the above problems I entered really large numbers in the columns. Because of this, could you add a "Copy Previous Rule" option to the scoring rule? Many of the rules I set could be made easier if I could copy the previous rule and change one or two things to reflect the new rule.

4) Color changes - What I did was enter a box for VPIP and create four different colors ranging from 0-100. I ran into a number of problems, I'll list each individually:

a) Colors don't appear in Window2 at all (they used to as far back as beta 17)
b) Window3 doesn't have colors for all the players. Not sure why, maybe 80%.
c) Any players with a VPIP of 0 show no color at all in spite of having a color set for 0-20

5) Not sure what the "Rating" column is supposed to do but there is no option to remove this column in Window2 or Window3

6) I believe the $ column in Window2 & Window3 should be labeled $Won

7) I'm glad the scanner remembers the column width settings. Can you also make it so it remembers the height of the three windows if we change their size?

8) Scoring profile window - opened using the scoring button in Window2 - having all boxes checked is an ok default setting but can you make it remember which boxes were unchecked once we make changes and save a profile?

9) Max.VPIP column in Window1 - many times this does not reflect the player with the highest VPIP. A lot of times it is the player with the second highest VPIP.

10) The icons next to the list of poker sites all show as green in this beta, even if they are sites that are unchecked of sites I don't have installed. I recall this was different in earlier betas but I'm not sure why.

11) This option would be especially helpful. When a scan is in progress, is there any way to keep the blue line in Window1 from refreshing to the top? It would be nice to scroll through the different tables and look at player stats even while a scan is in progress. Instead, maybe do a one-time refresh of the three windows once the scan has completed?

Nice work so far. Thank you for creating it.

Mr_Snood
04-11-2009, 01:09 AM
1-2) Scoring - there's a problem with the way the min and max default values work with BB/100.

Unfortunately adding a 'nil'-value is too much of a hassle.
I will just put wider default values...

3) To get around the above problems I entered really large numbers in the columns. Because of this, could you add a "Copy Previous Rule" option to the scoring rule?

Added to the next beta.

a) Colors don't appear in Window2 at all

That's a bug I just fixed today :)

b) Window3 doesn't have colors for all the players. Not sure why, maybe 80%.

You need to have more than X hands on a player before he gets a color.
See "Settings -> Use profile if more than X hands".

c) Any players with a VPIP of 0 show no color at all in spite of having a color set for 0-20

I guess that's related to "Settings -> Use profile if more than X hands"...
0 VPIP = 0 Hands :)

5) Not sure what the "Rating" column is supposed to do but there is no option to remove this column in Window2 or Window3

Added :)

6) I believe the $ column in Window2 & Window3 should be labeled $Won

Fixed

7) I'm glad the scanner remembers the column width settings. Can you also make it so it remembers the height of the three windows if we change their size?

I will try :)

8) Scoring profile window - opened using the scoring button in Window2 - having all boxes checked is an ok default setting but can you make it remember which boxes were unchecked once we make changes and save a profile?

Will add that.

9) Max.VPIP column in Window1 - many times this does not reflect the player with the highest VPIP. A lot of times it is the player with the second highest VPIP.

Probably again related to "Settings -> Use profile if more than X hands"?
Don't want a player with e.g. 10 hands to take the VPIP-lead, as 10 hands doesn't mean that much...

10) The icons next to the list of poker sites all show as green in this beta, even if they are sites that are unchecked of sites I don't have installed.

The green icons are just a possibility to scan a particular site again.
A red icon indicates "scan of that pokerroom is in progress"...

11) This option would be especially helpful. When a scan is in progress, is there any way to keep the blue line in Window1 from refreshing to the top?

Will try to change that.

Instead, maybe do a one-time refresh of the three windows once the scan has completed?

Don't like that right now :)