PDA

View Full Version : Help enhancing performance of HEM on Mac using parallels

fast_prophet
04-09-2009, 01:31 AM
Hey guys,

I am tearing my hair out because of frustration right now. The problem is that I run Windows through Parallels on my Macbook Pro. I have been running this for over 2 years now and w/ PT2 and PAHUD it worked perfectly.

HEM was working great when i only played 6 tables. I have upgraded to playing 12 tables and run it on a 24" monitor. Now parallels boggs down and freezes up for a minute or two and i subsequently time out on all my tables. I have lost a lot of money the last few days because of this and am very pissed.

I have read on some of the threads on here that ppl are using this set up and it is working fine. How did they achieve that? What can i do to ensure that HEM is working as efficiently as possible so that its not straining my VM to the point of freezing it up?

btw I have 2.2GHz and 4 GB of RAM. With this set up is it possible to get the VM to run perfectly? I also like to run it in coherence mode if you guys know what that is, should i switch?

morny
04-09-2009, 07:01 AM
Im not a mac user but i would imagine you need to allocate more memory to parrellels and it should fix the problem