PDA

View Full Version : PostgreSQL installation issue.

nt3q
06-30-2011, 02:32 PM
Hi, I've tried to install PostgreSQL a few times now - via the links given in FAQ on HEM.com - but it always show the same error:
"Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly.
The database cluster initialisation failed."

I have tried to install it before, and also to unistall it, considering it went through partly. I'm not sure if this could be the issue. I've tried to read the FAQ here, but also on postgreSQL.org and still don't find a way to get this done.
I've had my firewall closed all times (Windows own) and don't fine any other, although the Windows Firewall have 'Panda' on its safe-list. I've also made sure to have the firewall running and made sure to have different postgresql files on its safe-list without success.

I've also searched this forum, only to find alot of different threads about this issue, altho not exactly. And the mods have highlited something about the Windows Updater that I didn't really understand.

This is also the second computer I'm installing HEM on, which I assume has nothing to do with it, but just in case.

Thank you in advance for any help.

nt3q
06-30-2011, 03:03 PM
Alrite, problem solved. I managed to install the 8.2 version. You can close the thread.