PDA

View Full Version : request for equity calculator

rowhousepd
06-29-2011, 05:28 AM
This would be a very huge asset to the program, and I doubt I'd be the only one who'd find it incredibly useful. We all use PokerStove, and if you're serious about poker, you use it a LOT. It's a drag to have to enter hole cards & board texture on every hand you want to get equity #'s for by going to a separate program. There should be a way to easily click (perhaps right click or something) on a hand and have all the numbers exported into some sort of basic calculator in HM2,

I believe you had a Hand Range tool w/ the first HEM that was an attempt at a calculator, but (no offense here) it was was a pretty flawed program, imo, and I didn't get the impression that many people used it.

Stove is obviously the most widely used and also the most basic of the calcs out there. I'm sure it would be pretty easy to make something a tad nicer, but most importantly that you could access while looking at a hand history, probably just from the replayer.

There are actually a few others I like better than Stove (see below). But honestly anything similar would be great.

PokerStove (http://www.PokerStove.com) -- duh.
Equilab (http://www.pokerstrategy.com/software/10/) -- probably my favorite, from PokerStrategy.com
Equilator (http://www.pokerstrategy.com/software/6/) -- also from PokerStrategy.com though a bit more simple
HoldemViewer (http://www.bigbetsoftware.com/holdemviewer/) -- formerly RangeStove. Decent little program
Flopzilla (http://www.cardrunners-ev-calculator.com/Flopzilla.html) -- from CardRunners. It's not exactly a calculator, but it's similar and a very useful kind of tool.

Well, you get the idea. I wouldn't mind if it wasn't fancy. Just as long as it's something we could get to from within individual hands in HM2 so we can crunch the EQ numbers easily. Please please consider this request! Thanks. :)

udbrky
07-01-2011, 03:46 AM
noted

B-Money
07-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Home tab has a equity calculator. Not the best in the world, but there is one there.

Also, I constantly look at equity too. I use the instant HH viewer or load the hand in the replayer. Both spots show equity by street.

Hope this helps. We may expand on the equity widget in the Home tab at a later date.

rowhousepd
07-06-2011, 04:30 AM
There's a big difference bet the equity calc that you have to plug your hand into and one that automatically reads the hand you're reviewing in the replayer (or from a list or wherever) w/in the software. Hopefully there will be something like this in the future. :)

shahrad
07-06-2011, 11:33 AM
Odds Oracle from Propokertools would be nice.

udbrky
07-06-2011, 06:34 PM
Well we can't integrate a program without permission.

ZacaBala
09-05-2011, 12:21 PM
Just ask for permission. I'm sure the PokerStove developers will agree, it's a addition to them, and to U 2.

udbrky
09-05-2011, 05:37 PM
We do have the calculator in the home widgets and there are plans to add the range tool to replayer.

stusmokes
09-17-2011, 01:26 PM
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++1 equilab is the best. please add something like that to HM2

rowhousepd
03-09-2012, 08:17 PM
Any idea if this is an equity calculator from w/in the replayer is gonna happen? Still very much a +1 on this. :)

stusmokes
03-09-2012, 09:01 PM
Any idea if this is an equity calculator from w/in the replayer is gonna happen? Still very much a +1 on this. :)

hi just use PT4 thats the best and has everything you need!

DogNamedBluff
03-11-2012, 12:11 PM
This is a feature which is on the list to address. I have also elevated the priority. While I do not have a specific date for when this feature might be added, we are putting out updates regularly.

The assigned internal ticket # on this issue is hm-964. We will often release builds on a limited basis, only in the forums for a few days first, so please check back on this thread http://forums.holdemmanager.com/hm2-releases/ for that ticket #.

rowhousepd
03-11-2012, 04:34 PM
That would be really great. Thanks.

rowhousepd
05-16-2012, 02:39 PM
Just thought I'd check back in about whether an equity / range calculator in the replayer is in the works. I have a feeling it's not a priority, but other tracking software has one built in and it's definitely a nice feature. Using that widget on the home page is infeasible; it's so slow to switch between tabs, plus PokerStove and especially Equilab is much more robust.

Thanks.

EDIT: Off topic for a sec: Just noticed that I typed in the captcha word in the subject line by acciendent. Why do we need to do this w/ every post & search now? Very annoying.)

stusmokes
05-16-2012, 02:41 PM
Just thought I'd check back in about whether an equity / range calculator in the replayer is in the works. I have a feeling it's not a priority, but other tracking software has one built in and it's definitely a nice feature. Using that widget on the home page is infeasible; it's so slow to switch between tabs, plus PokerStove and especially Equilab is much more robust.

Thanks.

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 0000000000000000000000

rowhousepd
01-16-2013, 08:05 PM
Bump for an old request still desperately wanted....
Are there any plans to add an equity calculator / range tool to the replayer so you can analyze your hand w/out having to plug the info into the separate widget (or used a separate program like Pokerstove)? I would still so love to have one of these in HM2. It seems like it would be a somewhat simple thing into implement ... and soooooo useful. Thanks.

Patvs
01-17-2013, 11:03 AM
This is still an open ticket, I've added your email address to ticket HM-964.

skolsuper
04-25-2013, 11:09 AM
This is still an open ticket, I've added your email address to ticket HM-964.

Can you add me as well, and clarify whether you are ever planning on adding this feature back in or whether I should go back to HEM1.

Thanks

udbrky
04-25-2013, 10:14 PM
It is still an open feature. I do not have an ETA, but I have added you to be notified.

rowhousepd
11-12-2013, 03:02 AM
Bump, just for old time's sake. Any idea if this is still being considered/developed? Really hope so.

fozzy71
11-12-2013, 11:03 AM
Unfortunately this has not gained any traction as it simply does not get asked about by other customers often. There are still <5 customer emails on this ticket so it isn't likely to be moved up the queue any time soon I am afraid.

rowhousepd
11-12-2013, 05:10 PM
Wow. I gotta say I'm really shocked that more people don't want an equity calc / range tool. Are you guys sure about this?!?

Any semi-serious poker player (which de facto means anyone who has already purchased HM2) uses 3rd party software like PokerStove when they do session reviews. I mean, Stove is a monolith of a program for poker players; it (or something similar like Flopzilla, Equilab, etc.) is absolutely essential and it's ubiquitous. When you do hand reviews, in order to do any kind of math on your hh's, you have to use another program to piece together your hand, card-by-card which is kind of laborious. And I have a feeling this is why you guys had a version this (albeit a flawed one) in HM1. And it's why PokerTracker has integrated a very simple but very useful equity calculator in their reviewer.

I'm sorry if I sounds a little overly enthusiastic, but from looking around on this forum (not just in this post) it seems like there is actually a LOT of support for a feature like this. From everything I know about how poker players think about their game, review hands, work on their leaks, etc., equity calcs & range tools are indispensable. I mean if you're exporting hands and posting them in a forum like 2+2, you're going to want to run the # on them. And seriously, fozzy1, udbrky, Patvs: you're telling me you guys don't all use software like this yourselves?

I hope you're not underestimating how useful this would be based on the number of subscribers on a specific ticket #. It seems like there might be a disconnect between how you may be tracking requests and the real interest in a feature like this. Thanks.

mselvenis
02-08-2014, 08:24 AM
bump! and me to this ticket as well, i want to see equity calculator in hm

fozzy71
02-08-2014, 11:11 AM
I added rowhousepd's comments to the ticket to try and see if we can get some sort of update on this from management.

bump! and me to this ticket as well, i want to see equity calculator in hm

I have added your email address to the ticket so we can notify you once we have fixed it.

wallace09
02-21-2014, 07:01 AM
I've recently upgraded to HEM2 and was looking for the hand range tool. A google search lead my way to this thread so:

+1 please implement a hand range tool!

unnecessary personal comment:
I really don't get it how you guys produce a new version of a software and downgrade such important features like the hand range tool. Furthermore leave this ticket open for more than 2 years...
Nevermind, because at least HEM2 performs a lot faster than HEM1... unfortunately NOT... :(

Patvs
02-21-2014, 05:32 PM
Your email address was already added to feature request ticket HM-964.
These tickets are not being addressed in chronological order (starting with the oldest request), but we look at the number of requests.

Unfortunately, very few users used the Hand Range tool in HM1 (or they use PokerStove instead) so as of now it will not be implemented any time soon.

rowhousepd
06-17-2015, 05:22 PM
After 2 years of not playing poker and just coming back to it (and HM2) this week, I'm digging up some old request. This one was one of those I hoped would have been addressed. I'm guessing it's still not available. Any idea if it will ever happen?

Here's my old pitch about why it should matter. ;)

Any semi-serious poker player (which de facto means anyone who has already purchased HM2) uses 3rd party software like PokerStove when they do session reviews. I mean, Stove is a monolith of a program for poker players; it (or something similar like Flopzilla, Equilab, etc.) is absolutely essential and it's ubiquitous. When you do hand reviews, in order to do any kind of math on your hh's, you have to use another program to piece together your hand, card-by-card which is kind of laborious. And I have a feeling this is why you guys had a version this (albeit a flawed one) in HM1. And it's why PokerTracker has integrated a very simple but very useful equity calculator in their reviewer.

I'm sorry if I sounds a little overly enthusiastic, but from looking around on this forum (not just in this post) it seems like there is actually a lot of support for a feature like this. From everything I know about how poker players think about their game, review hands, work on their leaks, etc., equity calcs & range tools are indispensable. I mean if you're exporting hands and posting them in a forum like 2+2, you're going to want to run the # on them. And seriously, fozzy1, udbrky, Patvs: you're telling me you guys don't all use software like this yourselves?

fozzy71
06-17-2015, 06:29 PM
This is still an open ticket with no ETA.

rowhousepd
06-17-2015, 06:32 PM
Well I hope you will at least seriously consider putting it in HM3. I'm sure other would appreciate that too.

fozzy71
06-17-2015, 06:35 PM
I made sure to let management know about that and some of the other things in the threads you bumped. I basically went thru our ticket system looking at all unresolved feature requests and made a list of them for the team in charge of HM3 so hopefully some of them will in fact make it into HM3.

rowhousepd
06-17-2015, 06:36 PM
Cool. Thanks, Fozzy.