PDA

View Full Version : Cake hand history import

mupoker
04-07-2009, 01:30 PM
Hey Guys -

I was cruising the 2p2 boards and saw this post in the software forum:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/45/software/hem-cake-poker-443221/

Is this still in the works, guys? This would be awesome!

Thanks,
mu

03-24-2009, 03:50 PM #2
rvg72
veteran

Re: HEM on Cake Poker
I've been in discussion with them and tracking of personal cake hands will be added although no stats for other players will be collected and no hud will be usable in order to meet their terms and conditions.

I'd expect something within a month for sure

Roy

morny
04-07-2009, 02:47 PM
Yeah its still in the works although no accurate ETA at the moment

mupoker
04-07-2009, 07:33 PM
thanks!

Indian_Skimmer
04-08-2009, 01:45 AM
If there is any chance of moving this up the priority list I for one would be very grateful.

I have both the currently available trackers for cake,Sharpstats and the one for $50 from a 2+2 link somewhere that I cant remember right now and both are full of problems and innacurate in my experience.

I know HEM will only be able to import ones own hands for analysis but I'm dying to be able to do just that............please,please asap,thanks

redlotus
04-09-2009, 03:47 PM
Despite being the creator of one of the aforementioned products, I would love to see this, too. Let me know if you'd want to hire a dirt-cheap consultant. Could probably save you a few weeks of development time. Would be willing to throw in Merge help, as well.

-red

Indian_Skimmer
04-09-2009, 11:21 PM
Red......my apologies for my post above without talking with you first,not trying to demeen your efforts /product its just I play predominately at cake and am a great one for trying to analyse my play and I'm just frustrated that I cant do it accurately right now,despite as I say with your best efforts,which I appreciate greatly.

If you can sort out the problems with sharpstats and get an accurate product up and running before HEM I would willingly purchase it even though I am a HEM user........GL and once again I hope my above post did not offend in anyway it was certainly not meant to...........

dblgutted
04-10-2009, 02:21 PM
FWIW, I'd buy HEM right now if it supported Cake SNGs

opp
04-13-2009, 10:51 AM
If there is any chance of moving this up the priority list I for one would be very grateful.

I have both the currently available trackers for cake,Sharpstats and the one for $50 from a 2+2 link somewhere that I cant remember right now and both are full of problems and innacurate in my experience.

I know HEM will only be able to import ones own hands for analysis but I'm dying to be able to do just that............please,please asap,thanks

http://www.cakehandconverter.com is our project and we convert the hands to pokerstars format for import into HEM.

We have fixed over 100 bugs/exceptions in the cake hand histories and spent close to 200 coding hours on the parser. We release updates pretty much every week there has been 19 of them so far. We are not aware of any current bugs that should prevent an easy import into HEM from our converted stars format.

Our converter:

1) Must autodetect the start and end time of the file and estimate timestamps.
2) Since they blank out the last 4 digits pokergod and pokersmith would be just poke*** and poke*** this required parsing hands 3 times, following the action line by line and inserting seat number so poke*** becomes something like poke***8.
3) We also autodetect the limit, blinds, type of game based on the betting action.
4) We convert all numbers format 1,00 1.00,00 etc. to standard so that HEM doesn't have problems with them.
5) Hundreds of random fixes like when A Donk becomes A_Donk and other things like this.

Overall This was a monumental effort for us (and very unprofitable) even in the last month which I highly doubt would be profitable for HEM to undertake the histories are such a mess with so many exceptions.

We could add SNG support if there is enough demand for it just post on our forums. Forum.cakehandconverter.com.

For any of you who use our product there shouldn't be any bugs for importing histories into HEM and from the Pokerstars format. We highly doubt anyonelse would view the hands line by line and parse the same file 3 times and provide a built in error editor for random broken files.

We would be happy to talk to rvg72 and help on adding cake support but I wonder why he would bother, no hud is allowed on cake ever and even using HEM while playing is questionable.

We would not have started with the cake hands to begin with if we had known what was involved and the constant fixes needed. We have so many fixes we provide automatic forced updates to our converter.

Regards,
OPP

Indian_Skimmer
04-14-2009, 03:36 AM
opp....I may have been a little harsh,please accept my apologies in the same way as I apologised to Red re Sharpstats.

I bought your Hand Converter many months ago and found it very useful and used it to import HHs into PockerTracker3.........after a little while however I experienced many problems with HHs not converting and also crashes of the converter during conversions.

At that time I started using Sharpstats and again was possibly one of the first to use it,I gave alot of feedback to red to help him during development,sadly as he knows through my correspondences with him there were several inaccuraces which I found frustrating,many of these he has now hopefully fixed.

Having read your above post and the countless fixes you say you have made I have just converted all my cake HHs through your converter and uploaded them into HEM(which I now use in preferance to PT3) and everything does at first glance appear to be fine.

FWIW I understand your comments about is it worth HEM doing all the work to support cake re the ban on HUDS etc but from my point of view analysing my own play is a vital part of my "off time" so to speak and a database that analysis my HHS as HEM/PT3 does is very important to me.

Personally I dont care if HEM supports cake directly or if I have to use a second party like you or Sharpstats............I am grateful for your efforts with your Converter and am happy to have paid for it now that it seems a much improved product...gl

Skimmer

dblgutted
04-14-2009, 12:49 PM
I have also tried out your program opp, but it did not work at all with sngs

opp
04-15-2009, 09:31 AM

We don't support tournament histories at the moment. This is something we may add in the future if we continue to have a strong level of subscribers.

opp
04-15-2009, 09:47 AM
opp....I may have been a little harsh,please accept my apologies in the same way as I apologised to Red re Sharpstats.

I bought your Hand Converter many months ago and found it very useful and used it to import HHs into PockerTracker3.........after a little while however I experienced many problems with HHs not converting and also crashes of the converter during conversions.

At that time I started using Sharpstats and again was possibly one of the first to use it,I gave alot of feedback to red to help him during development,sadly as he knows through my correspondences with him there were several inaccuraces which I found frustrating,many of these he has now hopefully fixed.

Having read your above post and the countless fixes you say you have made I have just converted all my cake HHs through your converter and uploaded them into HEM(which I now use in preferance to PT3) and everything does at first glance appear to be fine.

FWIW I understand your comments about is it worth HEM doing all the work to support cake re the ban on HUDS etc but from my point of view analysing my own play is a vital part of my "off time" so to speak and a database that analysis my HHS as HEM/PT3 does is very important to me.

Personally I dont care if HEM supports cake directly or if I have to use a second party like you or Sharpstats............I am grateful for your efforts with your Converter and am happy to have paid for it now that it seems a much improved product...gl

Skimmer

We have gone through almost a year of bugfixes, over 200 uesers and at least a half million hands worth of exceptions. Cakepoker does not write hand histories with all-in players in a standard way and thus a ton of exceptions are generated that are impossible to predict beforehand. Combine that with the duplicate screename problem and you can completely break 20% of the hand histories for some players.

Cake doesn't use standard poker rules in deciding who should show cards first or where the shown cards should appear in the hand history.

Three months ago we requested that HEM have a debugger to show the reason for import errors in all files. I guess they haven't made that a priority but unless HEM plans on having that feature adding Cake support at this time would be a waste of time.

Unless HEM plans on using logic never incorporated for any other hand format and a ton of exception logic, I think it would just frustrate players that a large number of hands aren't getting through. The only way we could handle this was to issue fixes and wait for players with large databases to send in error and exception files. This took months of debugging and we are on revision 20 now (each revision usually had 2 - 10 things to fix).

dblgutted
04-22-2009, 09:37 AM
any update?

mupoker
04-22-2009, 09:58 PM
+1

wolfzep
04-28-2009, 12:42 PM
any update?

this.....

opp
05-05-2009, 01:08 AM
this.....

We just released Version 2.0.20.0.

Fixes:

1) Autoimport on a timer is fixed so no popup windows. Files in use by the poker client will still be convertable and no errors will occur in the editor.

2) Files with All-ins prior to the river now include an automatic showdown (mostly a fix for PT users).
-------------------------------------------------------------------
We are currently working on SNG support. Please send Cake Tournament histories and Pokerstars Tournament Histories to us.

Send to support@cakehandconverter.com

Since there is a lot of missing info from Cake Tournament Histories on the fee paid to enter the tournaments we have scraped the current tournament list to get the correct buyin and Fee information for all currently offered tournaments.

If RVG or someonelse would mind helping us with which parts of the Pokerstars header are important this would also help us greatly in releasing SNG support more quickly.

P.S.

Please post requests at forum.cakehandconverter.com instead of here.

Pickaface
05-08-2009, 05:01 PM
We just released Version 2.0.20.0.

Fixes:

1) Autoimport on a timer is fixed so no popup windows. Files in use by the poker client will still be convertable and no errors will occur in the editor.

2) Files with All-ins prior to the river now include an automatic showdown (mostly a fix for PT users).
-------------------------------------------------------------------
We are currently working on SNG support. Please send Cake Tournament histories and Pokerstars Tournament Histories to us.

Send to support@cakehandconverter.com

Since there is a lot of missing info from Cake Tournament Histories on the fee paid to enter the tournaments we have scraped the current tournament list to get the correct buyin and Fee information for all currently offered tournaments.

If RVG or someonelse would mind helping us with which parts of the Pokerstars header are important this would also help us greatly in releasing SNG support more quickly.

P.S.

Please post requests at forum.cakehandconverter.com instead of here.

Could you use HUD on cake now with that program?

opp
05-08-2009, 10:46 PM

Version 3.0.21.0 now supports SNGs and the new cakepoker hand history format (May 6, Update).

opp
05-08-2009, 10:47 PM
Could you use HUD on cake now with that program?

No our program does not contain a HUD nor does it allow you to use a HUD on cakepoker which is against their T&C.

However you can look at your HEM database and transfer stats to players notes on Cakepoker to make use of the your own hand history data.

opp
05-14-2009, 10:53 PM
No our program does not contain a HUD nor does it allow you to use a HUD on cakepoker which is against their T&C.

However you convert your hands to Pokerstars using our converter, then import into your HEM database and transfer stats to players notes on Cakepoker to make use of the your own hand history data.

The newest update:

CakeHandConvert Pro 3.0.26.0

1) No Limit Omaha Hi/Lo hands are now autodetected and supported.
2) You can now edit the blinds and game type if you need to in the display grid before converting.
3) For new hands it autodetects based on the hand header if the information on game type is available.
4) Fixed Limit hands containing an all-in are now Autodetected properly.
5) For PT2 users we have removed one digit from the hand number to support their import parser.
6) For hands containing an all-in and two of the same screename i.e. (Poke*** and poker***) we have now fixed a bug with the proper showdown screename modification.

blindman
05-21-2009, 07:46 AM
Is there any ETA on Cake support for HEM? Are we still looking at a beta in a couple of weeks?

opp
05-21-2009, 10:44 AM

Dear RVG72 and Morny,

Here is a headsup on one type of problem you will need to deal with on creating an importer for cake, I am curious how your importer will handle this as you this problem occurs frequently for some users. (We changed the players name to HERO for their privacy).

1) Cake doesn't display Abat***'s Seat Number or Chip Count until the 4rth Hand.
2) Tournament numbers include letters. (That is for all files though) and this throws off your Pokerstars Importer so your cake one will need to handle this.

a)

#18584E7E03000001 - $5 Heads-up NL Hold'em T5144067 -- Table 1 -- $0/$10/$20 NL Hold'em -- 2009/05/07 - 01:58:48
Seat 8: HERO ($1,500 in chips)
Abat***: posts small blind 10
HERO: posts big blind 20
Dealt to HERO [6s,Qd]
Abat***: folds
HERO: returns uncalled bet 10
***SHOW DOWN***
HERO: mucks
HERO: wins 20

Hand#18584E7E03000002 - $5 Heads-up NL Hold'em T5144067 -- Table 1 -- $0/$10/$20 NL Hold'em -- 2009/05/07 - 01:58:55
Seat 8: HERO ($1,510 in chips)
HERO: posts small blind 10
Abat***: posts big blind 20
Dealt to HERO [5d,Kh]
HERO: raises to 60
HERO: returns uncalled bet 40
***SHOW DOWN***
HERO: wins 40

Hand#18584E7E03000003 - $5 Heads-up NL Hold'em T5144067 -- Table 1 -- $0/$10/$20 NL Hold'em -- 2009/05/07 - 01:59:05
Seat 3: Abat*** ($1,470 in chips)
Seat 8: HERO ($1,530 in chips) DEALER
Dealt to HERO [Qd,Qs]
Abat***: raises to 60
HERO: raises to 180
HERO: returns uncalled bet 120
***SHOW DOWN***
HERO: wins 120

Hand#18584E7E03000004 - $5 Heads-up NL Hold'em T5144067 -- Table 1 -- $0/$10/$20 NL Hold'em -- 2009/05/07 - 01:59:24
Seat 3: Abat*** ($1,410 in chips) DEALER
Seat 8: HERO ($1,590 in chips)
Dealt to HERO [4s,Tc]
Abat***: calls 40
*** FLOP *** [6c,3c,7h]
Abat***: bets 60
HERO: calls 60
*** TURN *** [Kd]
Abat***: checks
HERO: checks
*** RIVER *** [4c]
HERO: bets 300
Abat***: calls 300
***SHOW DOWN***
HERO: shows [4s Tc] (Pair of Fours )
Abat***: shows [Kc 5s] (Straight, Seven high)
Abat***: wins 840 with Straight, Seven high

opp
05-21-2009, 10:54 AM

Here are two more hands. In this case Cake stopped writing to the HD and then in a new hand began writing again so the betting action doesn't make sense. You will need logic in your importer to either fix this hand or skip it.

Hand#1865012372000240 - Sydney 12372 -- $1/$2 NL Omaha H/L -- 2009/05/14 - 15:34:40
Seat 1: NowW*** ($334.95 in chips) DEALER
Seat 2: Snar*** ($120 in chips)
Seat 3: squa*** ($92 in chips)
Seat 4: Nili*** ($233.32 in chips)
Seat 5: badm*** ($57.70 in chips)
Seat 6: care*** ($118 in chips)
Seat 7: Awkw*** ($521.21 in chips)
Seat 8: $tyl*** ($84 in chips)
Seat 9: HERO ($205.60 in chips)
Seat 10: Frab*** ($261.45 in chips)
Nili***: posts small blind $1
badm***: posts big blind $2
Snar***: posts big blind $2
Dealt to HERO [9d,3c,5c,Ks]
care***: folds
Awkw***: raises to $9
$tyl***: folds
HERO: folds
NowW***: calls $13
Snar***: calls $13
*** FLOP *** [Jh,Th,Qs]
Awkw***: checks
NowW***: checks
Snar***: checks
Nili***: is all in 217.3200
Awkw***: folds
NowW***: folds
Snar***: folds
Nili***: returns uncalled bet $217.32
***SHOW DOWN***
Nili***: mucks
Nili*** wins high pot $62
There is no low hand
---------------------------------------------------------------
Here is another one:

Also for this hand if converted to Pokerstars format with two flops will crash HEM and require it to be rebooted. Once again Cake stopped writing this hand 000250 and then began writing another hand either 000251 or 000252. We know this because the next hand in the file is 000253.

Hand#1866012372000250 - Sydney 12372 -- $1/$2 NL Omaha H/L -- 2009/05/14 - 23:04:02
Seat 2: holl*** ($138.75 in chips)
Seat 4: Coch*** ($200.25 in chips)
Seat 6: HERO ($194.10 in chips) DEALER
Seat 7: just*** ($188.85 in chips)
Seat 8: donk*** ($187.36 in chips)
Seat 10: Harl*** ($424.50 in chips)
donk***: posts small blind $1
Harl***: posts big blind $2
Dealt to HERO [Js,Qc,3s,Ac]
holl***: folds
Coch***: folds
HERO: raises to $7
just***: folds
donk***: calls $6
Harl***: folds
*** FLOP *** [5c,7d,5d]
donk***: checks
Harl***: calls $2
holl***: folds
Coch***: checks
*** FLOP *** [8s,Kc,Ah]
Coch***: checks
Harl***: bets $5
Coch***: folds
Harl***: returns uncalled bet $5
***SHOW DOWN***
Harl***: mucks
Harl*** wins high pot $4.75
There is no low hand

Hand#1866012372000253 - Sydney 12372 -- $1/$2 NL Omaha H/L -- 2009/05/14 - 23:06:37
Seat 2: holl*** ($135.75 in chips)
Seat 4: Coch*** ($198.25 in chips)
Seat 6: HERO ($187.10 in chips)
Seat 7: just*** ($188.85 in chips)
Seat 10: Harl*** ($428.95 in chips) DEALER
Coch***: posts small blind $1
HERO: posts big blind $2
Dealt to HERO [3d,Ad,Ks,5h]
just***: folds
Harl***: raises to $7

morny
05-21-2009, 12:50 PM
Thanks for this Opp, ill forward this info onto Roy

LostCause
05-21-2009, 01:49 PM
Dear RVG72 and Morny,

Here is a headsup on one type of problem you will need to deal with on creating an importer for cake, I am curious how your importer will handle this as you this problem occurs frequently for some users. (We changed the players name to HERO for their privacy).

1) Cake doesn't display Abat***'s Seat Number or Chip Count until the 4rth Hand.
2) Tournament numbers include letters. (That is for all files though) and this throws off your Pokerstars Importer so your cake one will need to handle this.

a)

#18584E7E03000001 - $5 Heads-up NL Hold'em T5144067 -- Table 1 -- $0/$10/$20 NL Hold'em -- 2009/05/07 - 01:58:48
Seat 8: HERO ($1,500 in chips)
Dealt to HERO [6s,Qd]
HERO: returns uncalled bet 10
***SHOW DOWN***
HERO: wins 20

Hand#18584E7E03000002 - $5 Heads-up NL Hold'em T5144067 -- Table 1 -- $0/$10/$20 NL Hold'em -- 2009/05/07 - 01:58:55
Seat 8: HERO ($1,510 in chips)
Dealt to HERO [5d,Kh]
HERO: returns uncalled bet 40
***SHOW DOWN***
HERO: wins 40

Hand#18584E7E03000003 - $5 Heads-up NL Hold'em T5144067 -- Table 1 -- $0/$10/$20 NL Hold'em -- 2009/05/07 - 01:59:05
Seat 3: Abat*** ($1,470 in chips)
Seat 8: HERO ($1,530 in chips) DEALER
Dealt to HERO [Qd,Qs]
Abat***: raises to 60
HERO: raises to 180
HERO: returns uncalled bet 120
***SHOW DOWN***
HERO: wins 120

Hand#18584E7E03000004 - $5 Heads-up NL Hold'em T5144067 -- Table 1 -- $0/$10/$20 NL Hold'em -- 2009/05/07 - 01:59:24
Seat 3: Abat*** ($1,410 in chips) DEALER
Seat 8: HERO ($1,590 in chips)
Dealt to HERO [4s,Tc]
Abat***: calls 40
*** FLOP *** [6c,3c,7h]
Abat***: bets 60
HERO: calls 60
*** TURN *** [Kd]
HERO: checks
*** RIVER *** [4c]
HERO: bets 300
Abat***: calls 300
***SHOW DOWN***
HERO: shows [4s Tc] (Pair of Fours )
Abat***: shows [Kc 5s] (Straight, Seven high)
Abat***: wins 840 with Straight, Seven high

Those look like numbers in Hexadecimal format.

mupoker
05-21-2009, 03:31 PM
cant wait for cake in HEM

gl guys

redlotus
05-21-2009, 05:06 PM
Thanks for this Opp, ill forward this info onto Roy

Well, sheeese. If you guys wanted help, all you had to do was ask.

Here are a few things that I've noticed during the development of CPST and SS:
The hand number is actually two or three numbers combined into one.
--The first group of ten digits is referred to as the Game Number.
----For tournaments prior to the March 3 update, this will generally tie together a single tournament that is spread across two or more hand histories, but this is not 100% reliable (I have instances in my test batch where the Game Number has changed between hand histories even though it was the same tournament). I assume that this is a hex number. I remember having tourney Game Numbers that didn't have any letters, but these may have been from hhs prior to the July update.
----For Cash games, the first five digits of the Game Number are random (possibly an encoded form of the date) and the last five digits are the table number. If you want HeM to differentiate cash games and tourneys for hhs prior to the March update, have it check for the table number within the Game Number.
--The second group of six digits is the actual hand number and is incremented for each successive hand.

Bugs to watch out for:
--If a player is sitting out in a tourney and is forced all in by a blind or ante, that player will be folded prior to the "Dealt to" line (usually right after posting). I'd be curious to see how HeM handles these as it took quite a bit of trial-and-error for me to get these moved automatically.
--If a player goes all in, it looks like Cake uses the period as the decimal separator regardless of the regional setting for the rest of the hand. Luckily, a thousands separator is never used, so it should be pretty easy to compensate for this.
--Hand histories are very inconsistent when the action is folded to the big blind. This is particularly frustrating when there are two players with the same first four letters in their SN and one of them is in the BB. Good luck with solving this problem.

That's all I have for now and I need to get going. Let me know if you don't want/need this kind of info and I'll stop posting. Otherwise, I'll take a look through SS, see if there are any other exceptions that I've run into, and post them for ya.

-red

Rvg72
05-21-2009, 06:52 PM
Thanks for all the info guys

We should have Cake support in the first 1.09 beta next week. I've been making good progress and am now dealing with exceptions - and as noted there are quite a few :)

Roy

Rvg72
05-21-2009, 08:46 PM
One other point, I am just working on the new format at the moment. If you have old format hands to donate then now would be a great time to zip them up and send to support@holdemmanager.net so that we can try to support them as best we can. Please note that our focus is on the new format and my understanding is that the old format is very troublesome to work with so there is a chance that we will either not support the old hands or at least not support them right away

Roy

redlotus
05-21-2009, 09:24 PM
One other point, I am just working on the new format at the moment. If you have old format hands to donate then now would be a great time to zip them up and send to support@holdemmanager.net so that we can try to support them as best we can. Please note that our focus is on the new format and my understanding is that the old format is very troublesome to work with so there is a chance that we will either not support the old hands or at least not support them right away

Roy

Either way, you'll see a converter within a week of releasing Beta 1.09 (if not before). SS already converts old HHs to the new format internally.

-red

opp
05-25-2009, 06:45 PM
Either way, you'll see a converter within a week of releasing Beta 1.09 (if not before). SS already converts old HHs to the new format internally.

-red

http://Cakehandconverter.com

1) Works on the new and old formats.
2) Allows for you to see your opponents stats as well as your own by converting to pokerstars format and importing into HEM.
3) Support for SNGs and any tournament where the user enters Buyin and Fee.

opp
06-03-2009, 12:34 PM
http://Cakehandconverter.com

1) Works on the new and old formats.
2) Allows for you to see your opponents stats as well as your own by converting to pokerstars format and importing into HEM.
3) Support for SNGs and any tournament where the user enters Buyin and Fee.

Version 3.0.27.0 Released

1) Now Supports Hold'em Manager, PT3 and PT2 and allows a checkbox to help old PT2 users to import files without a small blind.

2) SNG and MTT support enhanced for Older 2007 - 2008 and 2009 tournaments so that the user can enter buyin and fee and convert all tournaments even freerolls.

The autodetection routine keeps a list of all currently available tournament buyin and fees (May 9, 2009 and onwards) so on new tournaments this information will already be available.

3) Autodetection of all Tournament Formats and increased ability to handle Tournaments and Cash Games with duplicate screenames i.e. (poke*** and poke*** at the same table).

4) Allows automatic conversion on a timer and import into HEM in real time. Ennhanced support for writing of files even on Windows Vista with UAC enabled systems.

5) Additional support for Foreign Language windows settings and the new May9 and onwards hand format.