PDA

View Full Version : wrong hud loads on stars

holdyourbreath
06-27-2011, 11:23 AM
I have a few different hud layouts for different sites and games.

Unfortunately the HUD that I use for Full tilt shows up when I open a table on stars instead of my stars HUD. I checked the "use for" tab for both and I clicked use for "all games" accordingly but that doesn't work.
I also get an "inject fail" message when I start up the hud on stars

How can I fix this? I'm using an XP user account for HEM if that's of any importance but I gave full access for the Holdem Manager directory for the user account.

Had the whole same problem on Enet, too, btw.

Patvs
06-27-2011, 01:29 PM
Update to: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/82571-1-11-07-pre-release.html

Go to hud options--> player preferences--> use for tab
Either assign a HUD to any site, for example:
HUD 1 on ANY SITE: 6max
HUD 2 on ANY SITE: FR

Or use a HUD configuration for each site, example:
HUD 1 on PokerStars
HUD 2 on Full Tilt

--

Go over ALL the HUD configurations to make sure there are no overlapping or conflicting settings.

If you still get the wrong HUD: rightclick on the table in TableManager and manually choose the correct HUD. (and check the settings for the wrong HUD again at hud options--> player preferences--> use for tab )

holdyourbreath
06-27-2011, 03:16 PM
Update didn't change anything for me regarding this matter.
I even deleted every config except for stars and ft.
The HUD is basically the same for each site but I can't use one size fits all because when I change positions on either site shit gets garbled for the other site and vice versa obviously since I play 6m and fr on both sites.

When I go for

Or use a HUD configuration for each site, example:
HUD 1 on PokerStars
HUD 2 on Full Tilt
i.e. use HUD config "ft" for Full tilt all games
"stars" for pokerstars all games
I get the ft layout for every new stars table I open unless I disable the ft layout completely and then the default layout gets loaded. How can I get the HUDs to work properly again? This didn't use to be annoying.

btw Table Manager shows a "table" with the name of the currently active Firefox tab, what's up with that?
Also, is there an easy way to overwrite the default layout with another layout? I don't want to change all the stats manually.

Patvs
06-27-2011, 03:20 PM
Did you setup the seating preferences for PokerStars? : http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/34/PreferredSeating

Rightclick on the table in TableManager, and manually choose the HUD configuration.

holdyourbreath
06-28-2011, 12:29 AM
Did you setup the seating preferences for PokerStars? : http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/34/PreferredSeating

Rightclick on the table in TableManager, and manually choose the HUD configuration.

Sure did. Everything worked like a charm for like... forever but since a while I have that problem.

Rightclick on the table in TableManager, and manually choose the HUD configuration.That's not a solution, that's just a workaround.

I'm facing another problem, full ring on stars, the hud positions get mixed up for the players between every table, even though I have correct seating.

Patvs
06-28-2011, 08:25 AM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily. Turn off User Account Control: http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/12/30/how-to-disable-and-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7/

If that doesn't resolve it.
Try reinstalling HoldemManager using the full installer @ http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/Holdem_Manager_Setup.exe

(export your custom HUD before you do this, as it will reset all the settings back to default)

holdyourbreath
06-28-2011, 11:58 AM
XP SP2+current patches (SP3 doesnt work properly with my old rig)
no firewall
Antivir on demand (no background task except for autoupdate)
Doubt that would matter much, anyway. HEM HUD used to work like a charm for me but has been bogus now for a while even though I didn't install any mentionable software.

Guess I'll have to reinstall. 8/

Rensu
08-24-2011, 09:16 AM
Yeah, having the same problem. Loads always the default HUD for me as well.

It's really annoying when you have to switch always to the right HUD from default HUD.

Tried HEM2 but I don't really see any reason why we should switch to it. Nothing new there, just new lay-out and that's all. :(

Patvs
08-24-2011, 05:03 PM
Got to hud options--> player preferences--> use for tab
Make sure there are no conflicting/overlapping settings between the HUD configuration.

Make sure the "default HUD" is assigned to a site you don't play on if you don't want to use it.

Rensu
08-24-2011, 05:13 PM
Not working. I have tried everything. If I assign the default hud to work on just one site it still picks all sites. If I remove all the marks on default hud it still picks the default hud. Bullshitting around with me. :D Tried re-installing and stuff, nothing working.

Patvs
08-24-2011, 05:39 PM
Then delete the default HUD.

Rensu
08-24-2011, 05:44 PM
Saying "You can not delete the default configuration."

Or is there any other way?

Patvs
08-24-2011, 06:10 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Turn off User Account Control: Turn off User Account Control: How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life (http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/12/30/how-to-disable-and-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7/) and reboot.

Most likely not having full super user administrator privileges is preventing changes you make to be saved properly.

Rensu
08-24-2011, 06:18 PM
Can't understand why should a firewall block here anything? I don't have any firewall running, even W7 one is turned off.

All the exe files are automatically put "run as admin". Still nothing. If I could only delete the damn default HUD.

Patvs
08-24-2011, 06:29 PM
Try using the default HUD.
Rebuild the HUD you want to use on PokerStars as the HUD configuration called "default".

Rensu
08-24-2011, 06:47 PM
Thank you. Great advice. I couldn't come to that myself...

I don't have a simple HUD which is possible to re-build with few mins. Isn't there any way I could just rename the default hud or load other HUD file as default HUD?

Sorry for being really that rude but it's really annoying. I guess I am just gonna try out PT4 and then I can re-build my HUD there.

Patvs
08-25-2011, 07:08 AM
Export your custom HUD.
Open the .xml file with a .xml editor and change the name of the HUD configuration to "default".

(just changing the name of the .xml file won't work, the name of the HUD configuration is inside the .xml file)
Then import it again so it will overwrite the default HUD.

Rensu
08-25-2011, 07:40 AM
Thank you!