PDA

View Full Version : I Can't Speed Up Hand Retrieval

mpethybridge
04-06-2009, 02:45 PM
I'm running HEM 1.07.01 on a Laptop with a 150 gig hard rive (95 free) and 2 gigs of ram. I have Vista and UAC are off.

When I open HEM and click on the cash game tab, it takes about 45 seconds for my stats to show up and it takes about 75 seconds for the 100 hand histories to display.

I get the window that says, "hand retrieval seems to be running slow." The two recommended fixes are to analyze my db and remove the three winner columns.

I ran the analyze and this had no effect on speeding up the retrieval.

I removed the three winner columns and this sped up retrieval from 60 seconds for the report and 120 seconds for the hands to 45 seconds for the report and 75 seconds for the hands.

This seems slow for 118,000 hands. Anything else I can try?

morny
04-06-2009, 03:55 PM
Can you try this version and see if there is any improvement http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Hm1.08Beta.exe

mpethybridge
04-06-2009, 05:23 PM
Can you try this version and see if there is any improvement http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Hm1.08Beta.exe

My report displayed in 16 seconds--an improvement of 29 seconds.
My last 100 hands displayed in 20 seconds--an improvement of 50 seconds.

I can live with this, but I am willing to keep working with it if you think it is possible to get it down below 10 seconds.

Edit: lol, I'm rude--thank you!

mpethybridge
04-13-2009, 02:04 PM
OK, HEM is acting up again. It simply will not load my reports today. I have tried three times to open HEM--I have restarted my computer, I have closed everything else, I have vacuumed and analyzed and absolutely nothing is working.

It has only been seven days since you had me install 1.08 beta 22. I have only played about 14,000 hands in that time.

OK, on the third try just now HEM loaded my report--it took NINE MINUTES to load the By Stakes report on all hands.

I have to say that I am getting very frustrated. Please help.

morny
04-13-2009, 04:59 PM
Hi can you email me and well do a teamviewer session, morny@holdemmanager.net and also link to this thread