PDA

View Full Version : Overall winnings by day

cryuff
04-06-2009, 01:35 PM
Hi,

I am trying to find my most profitable days. I know there is one made for overall by time.

I replaced the
PH.HandTimeStamp,'HH'
with PH.HandTimeStamp,'DD'

that gives me the 1st day, 2nd day, 3rd day etc of the month. How can I configure it so I can get Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday etc.

Thanks in advance

nofolmholdm
04-06-2009, 10:00 PM
try 'D'

Should get you a number 1 thru 7 with 1 = Sunday.

Here is a reference (Table 9-21):

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/functions-formatting.html

cryuff
04-06-2009, 10:46 PM
Thank you,

I went to the reference table and used "day" it spells out the day, example monday. I combined it with the Overallbytime file and came up with best time of the particular days.

appreciate the help.

cryuff
04-06-2009, 11:01 PM
For anyone who might be interested.

(The usual formatting, change the file extension from .txt to .Report)

It has day but it also includes the time of the day

PCP Poker
04-07-2009, 03:02 PM
Awesome, i was about to get around to making a report like this myself. Thanks for saving me the work.

caracorules
04-09-2009, 11:53 AM
How can i remove the hours?

nofolmholdm
04-09-2009, 12:21 PM
How can i remove the hours?

Remove this:

<Grouping FieldExpression="to_char(PH.HandTimeStamp,'HH24')" ColumnName="Hour of Day" />

From the text file.

gpiotter
08-02-2009, 06:14 PM
For anyone who might be interested.

(The usual formatting, change the file extension from .txt to .Report)

It has day but it also includes the time of the day

This is awesome. I've been looking for something that can sort by day and time. How do I go about using it though? I have a custom stat for rakeback in the customstats.txt . I tried copying this into that text doc and it didn't work. Let me know what steps I need to take and thanks for the help

nofolmholdm
08-02-2009, 07:36 PM
This is awesome. I've been looking for something that can sort by day and time. How do I go about using it though? I have a custom stat for rakeback in the customstats.txt . I tried copying this into that text doc and it didn't work. Let me know what steps I need to take and thanks for the help

Copy it to your reports directory and rename the .txt to .Report

Open HEM, Choose the reports tab an select if from the dropdown.

lirarmange
08-22-2009, 10:12 PM
Made more of a "grid style" representation of the results, where hours are on the left and days in the columns.. hmm I add a image instead lol :p

It only for the netAmountWon, and the report is not that effective if you want more stats because you have to make them first :D but I like this better for an overview report.

http://i707.photobucket.com/albums/ww80/lirarmange/NewBitmapImage.jpg

Copy to the CustomStats.txt file, or create it in the report directory;

<Stat ColumnName="NetAmountWon_sun" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 0 then ph.NetAmountWon else 0 end)/100.0 as NetAmountWon_sunday" Evaluate="NetAmountWon_sunday" ColumnHeader="$ Sunday" ColumnFormat="$0.00" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Net Amount Won Sunday" />
<Stat ColumnName="NetAmountWon_mon" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 1 then ph.NetAmountWon else 0 end)/100.0 as NetAmountWon_monday" Evaluate="NetAmountWon_monday" ColumnHeader="$ Monday" ColumnFormat="$0.00" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Net Amount Won Monday" />
<Stat ColumnName="NetAmountWon_tue" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 2 then ph.NetAmountWon else 0 end)/100.0 as NetAmountWon_tuesday" Evaluate="NetAmountWon_tuesday" ColumnHeader="$ Tuesday" ColumnFormat="$0.00" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Net Amount Won Tuesday" />
<Stat ColumnName="NetAmountWon_wed" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 3 then ph.NetAmountWon else 0 end)/100.0 as NetAmountWon_wednesday" Evaluate="NetAmountWon_wednesday" ColumnHeader="$ Wednesday" ColumnFormat="$0.00" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Net Amount Won Wednesday" />
<Stat ColumnName="NetAmountWon_thu" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 4 then ph.NetAmountWon else 0 end)/100.0 as NetAmountWon_thursday" Evaluate="NetAmountWon_thursday" ColumnHeader="$ Thursday" ColumnFormat="$0.00" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Net Amount Won Thursday" />
<Stat ColumnName="NetAmountWon_fri" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 5 then ph.NetAmountWon else 0 end)/100.0 as NetAmountWon_friday" Evaluate="NetAmountWon_friday" ColumnHeader="$ Friday" ColumnFormat="$0.00" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Net Amount Won Friday" />
<Stat ColumnName="NetAmountWon_sat" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 6 then ph.NetAmountWon else 0 end)/100.0 as NetAmountWon_saturday" Evaluate="NetAmountWon_saturday" ColumnHeader="$ Saturday" ColumnFormat="$0.00" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Net Amount Won Saturday" />

Copy to a text file and name it something like overallByDayAndTimeOverview.report and place it in the report directory;

<Report Name="Overall By Day and Time overview" Version="1.1">
<Groupings><Grouping FieldExpression="to_char(PH.HandTimeStamp,'HH24')" ColumnName="Hour of Day" /></Groupings>
<Stats>
<Stat StatName="NetAmountWon_sun" />
<Stat StatName="NetAmountWon_mon" />
<Stat StatName="NetAmountWon_tue" />
<Stat StatName="NetAmountWon_wed" />
<Stat StatName="NetAmountWon_thu" />
<Stat StatName="NetAmountWon_fri" />
<Stat StatName="NetAmountWon_sat" />
<Stat StatName="Net Amount Won" />
</Stats></Report>

gpiotter
08-23-2009, 02:13 AM
you're awesome. I was just thinking about this yesterday and you read my mind. I hope I don't play at your tables ;-)

Botmac
08-23-2009, 04:39 PM
Great filter, I seem to be having a problem getting it into hem,not too computer savy, I copied the 2 files into my reports folder, but they do not show up in hem. I renamed both files, I see then in the reports file as .report files. What am I missing or doing wrong. Thanks for any help guys.

lirarmange
08-23-2009, 05:19 PM
Great filter, I seem to be having a problem getting it into hem,not too computer savy, I copied the 2 files into my reports folder, but they do not show up in hem. I renamed both files, I see then in the reports file as .report files. What am I missing or doing wrong. Thanks for any help guys.

For the report I made you need two files;
CustomStats.txt
overallByDayAndTimeOverview.report

You also have to restart HM after you put the files in the report directory.

Botmac
08-23-2009, 07:18 PM
Thanks lirarmange for your reply, I have put both files in the reports file, only one is showing up in the reports tab, the overall by time and day I can see the hours of the day and my winnings, but not the days of the week. I took the files right off your post an saved them to the reports file, restarted hem and still don't see the days of the week. As per your reply, do both files go into the report file or should txt file go into the custom stats file? Thanks again.

lirarmange
08-23-2009, 10:13 PM
If you already had a file named CustomStats.txt, just add the code in my file to that file.
If you still dont get the days in the report you might have to add them manually, but its easy done. Just click the green "+" sign under "stats selection" inside HM, then select the stats "NetAmountWon_wed" etc., save and refresh, and I think it will work.

08-23-2009, 10:17 PM
works perfect over here, thanks.

Can you also make one with '$ allin adjusted ev" for every day/hour?

So that you can see what your $ should have been if it was adjusted for allin EV.

So I can see: Saturdays between 3-4 PM im down $50 but I should be up $50.

that would be sweet. :)

ps. I tried making that but I failed. :(

lirarmange
08-24-2009, 12:42 PM
Can you also make one with '$ allin adjusted ev" for every day/hour?

I hope this is correct, I have not test it very much, but I think it looks right :rolleyes:

Copy to the CustomStats.txt file, or create it in the report directory, restars HM and add all "NetAmountWon_sunday_ev" etc to the report manually with the green "+".

<Stat ColumnName="NetAmountWon_sun_ev" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 0 then (case when EV.SklanskyBucks <> 0 then EV.SklanskyBucks else ph.NetAmountWon end) else 0 end)/100.0 as NetAmountWon_sunday_ev" Evaluate="NetAmountWon_sunday_ev" ColumnHeader="$ (EV)\nSunday" ColumnFormat="$0.00" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Net Amount Won (EV) Sunday" />
<Stat ColumnName="NetAmountWon_mon_ev" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 1 then (case when EV.SklanskyBucks <> 0 then EV.SklanskyBucks else ph.NetAmountWon end) else 0 end)/100.0 as NetAmountWon_monday_ev" Evaluate="NetAmountWon_monday_ev" ColumnHeader="$ (EV)\nMonday" ColumnFormat="$0.00" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Net Amount Won (EV) Monday" />
<Stat ColumnName="NetAmountWon_tue_ev" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 2 then (case when EV.SklanskyBucks <> 0 then EV.SklanskyBucks else ph.NetAmountWon end) else 0 end)/100.0 as NetAmountWon_tuesday_ev" Evaluate="NetAmountWon_tuesday_ev" ColumnHeader="$ (EV)\nTuesday" ColumnFormat="$0.00" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Net Amount Won (EV) Tuesday" />
<Stat ColumnName="NetAmountWon_wed_ev" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 3 then (case when EV.SklanskyBucks <> 0 then EV.SklanskyBucks else ph.NetAmountWon end) else 0 end)/100.0 as NetAmountWon_wednesday_ev" Evaluate="NetAmountWon_wednesday_ev" ColumnHeader="$ (EV)\nWednesday" ColumnFormat="$0.00" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Net Amount Won (EV) Wednesday" />
<Stat ColumnName="NetAmountWon_thu_ev" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 4 then (case when EV.SklanskyBucks <> 0 then EV.SklanskyBucks else ph.NetAmountWon end) else 0 end)/100.0 as NetAmountWon_thursday_ev" Evaluate="NetAmountWon_thursday_ev" ColumnHeader="$ (EV)\nThursday" ColumnFormat="$0.00" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Net Amount Won (EV) Thursday" />
<Stat ColumnName="NetAmountWon_fri_ev" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 5 then (case when EV.SklanskyBucks <> 0 then EV.SklanskyBucks else ph.NetAmountWon end) else 0 end)/100.0 as NetAmountWon_friday_ev" Evaluate="NetAmountWon_friday_ev" ColumnHeader="$ (EV)\nFriday" ColumnFormat="$0.00" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Net Amount Won (EV) Friday" />
<Stat ColumnName="NetAmountWon_sat_ev" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 6 then (case when EV.SklanskyBucks <> 0 then EV.SklanskyBucks else ph.NetAmountWon end) else 0 end)/100.0 as NetAmountWon_saturday_ev" Evaluate="NetAmountWon_saturday_ev" ColumnHeader="$ (EV)\nSaturday" ColumnFormat="$0.00" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Net Amount Won (EV) Saturday" />

ps some hardcore programmer, feel free to point out error or performance optimization :D

08-24-2009, 01:43 PM
Yes! Perfect imo.

'Always' wanted this. :)

Very happy nowz, thank you. :D

incog13
08-24-2009, 11:10 PM
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I am trying something that grew from this wonderful report (thanks!). I just want to display the total time (preferably in hours) for every day played (I only play heads up sitngoes, if that makes any difference). I have gotten as far as displaying the number of hands played for each day by modifying this report (without the custom stat definition part), but I don't know where to go from here.

I looked in the master list of stats, and hours played doesnt seem to be in it. On the other hand, the results tab in tourneys has an hours column. Why don't I use that? Because I wish to only view the hours without seeing the money won / lost beside it, to keep me from being results oriented :). I have a hunch that a sum on the hand durations would do the trick, but I don't know how to access that data. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Dean.

lirarmange
08-26-2009, 10:20 AM
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I am trying something that grew from this wonderful report (thanks!). I just want to display the total time (preferably in hours) for every day played (I only play heads up sitngoes, if that makes any difference). I have gotten as far as displaying the number of hands played for each day by modifying this report (without the custom stat definition part), but I don't know where to go from here.

I looked in the master list of stats, and hours played doesnt seem to be in it. On the other hand, the results tab in tourneys has an hours column. Why don't I use that? Because I wish to only view the hours without seeing the money won / lost beside it, to keep me from being results oriented :). I have a hunch that a sum on the hand durations would do the trick, but I don't know how to access that data. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Dean.

I looked in pgAdmin at the HM database, and there is a table named "tourneydata" which have the columns "fisthandtimestamp" and "lasthandtimestamp". I guess you have to use that info and make some smart calculations, but im not sure its possible..

incog13
08-27-2009, 02:35 AM
That helps a bit. Did you use postgresadmin? I could see the database properties on there, but not the list of the tables with fields. What's the trick? If these timestamps are what I think they are, then I could probably do a sum over the differences between the two.

Thanks,

Dean

ssydd
09-03-2009, 09:52 AM
I have successfully loaded the overall by day and time report and have placed the overall by day in my custom stats and added them to that report.

However I have not been able to figure out how to add the grid which you made in post#10 which organizes these by hour of the day. 1through 24 in the vertical column and days of the week in the horizontal. What should I download to make that happen?

Also, Thanks a lot for doing this, this is much appreciated!

Nevermind I figured it out :)!

Botmac
09-04-2009, 11:58 AM
ssydd,I have the same problem, what did you do to get it working, I 'm stumped

Arizona Willie
09-04-2009, 01:11 PM
This is fantastic. Shows me that playing tournaments on Friday I am profitable at 3 and 5 pm!!

I should just forget the rest of the day apparently.

Really really nice report. The only thing would make it nicer would be if the Hour of Day showed the time instead of the hour number. That is 3pm instead of 15. But not a big deal at all.

ssydd
09-04-2009, 02:04 PM
ssydd,I have the same problem, what did you do to get it working, I 'm stumped

LOL, I wish I knew. basically I just kept reloading the various links in this thread and reopened HEM until it worked. I can't remember which one solved the issue :p.

lirarmange
09-04-2009, 06:21 PM
The only thing would make it nicer would be if the Hour of Day showed the time instead of the hour number. That is 3pm instead of 15. But not a big deal at all.

haha, am/pm is so silly to use :p

But its easy to add.. :rolleyes:

correcting a big error in this post that I wasnt aware of until today (28jan 2010)

Change this to the .report-file

<Grouping FieldExpression="to_char(PH.HandTimeStamp,'HH24')" ColumnName="Hour of Day" />
to this:

<Grouping FieldExpression="to_char(PH.HandTimeStamp,'HH24&quot;)&quot; HH12 pm')" ColumnName="Hour of Day" />

sorting will work fine with this code too.
will look something like this

00) 12 am
01) 1 am
02) 2 am
etc etc

quakes
10-19-2009, 08:11 PM
ANy way to seperate by month like in the sessions tab?

LHEM100
01-18-2010, 10:53 AM
Great report, thanks. What would be the way to change it for two things:

1) Instead of showing total profit, show profit in terms of BB/100 (win rate)
2) Show a summary of the total number of hands for each day of the week?

lirarmange
01-22-2010, 11:43 PM
here we go bro, had to do some serious 'trail n error' for this :p

Copy the code to CustomStats.txt, or create it in the report directory, restart HM and add all "bbPer100_sun" etc to the report manually with the green "+".

This it the win rate as Big Blinds won per 100 hands: (note: the summary row (bottom row in HM) of the stats will not be correct)

<Stat ColumnName="bb_Per100_sun" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 0 then ph.NetAmountWon/1.0/GT.BigBlind else 0 end) as bbs_sun;sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 0 then 1 else 0 end) as hands_su" Evaluate="bbs_sun*100.0/hands_su" ColumnHeader="bb/100 sun" ColumnFormat="0.00" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Big Blinds won per 100 hands" />
<Stat ColumnName="bb_Per100_mon" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 1 then ph.NetAmountWon/1.0/GT.BigBlind else 0 end) as bbs_mon;sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 1 then 1 else 0 end) as hands_mo" Evaluate="bbs_mon*100.0/hands_mo" ColumnHeader="bb/100 mon" ColumnFormat="0.00" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Big Blinds won per 100 hands" />
<Stat ColumnName="bb_Per100_tue" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 2 then ph.NetAmountWon/1.0/GT.BigBlind else 0 end) as bbs_tue;sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 2 then 1 else 0 end) as hands_tu" Evaluate="bbs_tue*100.0/hands_tu" ColumnHeader="bb/100 tue" ColumnFormat="0.00" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Big Blinds won per 100 hands" />
<Stat ColumnName="bb_Per100_wed" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 3 then ph.NetAmountWon/1.0/GT.BigBlind else 0 end) as bbs_wed;sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 3 then 1 else 0 end) as hands_we" Evaluate="bbs_wed*100.0/hands_we" ColumnHeader="bb/100 wed" ColumnFormat="0.00" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Big Blinds won per 100 hands" />
<Stat ColumnName="bb_Per100_thu" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 4 then ph.NetAmountWon/1.0/GT.BigBlind else 0 end) as bbs_thu;sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 4 then 1 else 0 end) as hands_th" Evaluate="bbs_thu*100.0/hands_th" ColumnHeader="bb/100 thu" ColumnFormat="0.00" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Big Blinds won per 100 hands" />
<Stat ColumnName="bb_Per100_fri" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 5 then ph.NetAmountWon/1.0/GT.BigBlind else 0 end) as bbs_fri;sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 5 then 1 else 0 end) as hands_fr" Evaluate="bbs_fri*100.0/hands_fr" ColumnHeader="bb/100 fri" ColumnFormat="0.00" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Big Blinds won per 100 hands" />
<Stat ColumnName="bb_Per100_sat" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 6 then ph.NetAmountWon/1.0/GT.BigBlind else 0 end) as bbs_sat;sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 6 then 1 else 0 end) as hands_sa" Evaluate="bbs_sat*100.0/hands_sa" ColumnHeader="bb/100 sat" ColumnFormat="0.00" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Big Blinds won per 100 hands" />
if you prefer Big Bets per 100 you just change this for all stats:

Evaluate="bbs_sat*50.0/hands_sa"

This is for the hands played for each day, its broken down by hour if you use the report I posted above, but HM take the sum of each column so you will still see the hands per day, another thing you can do is to add the stats to another report broken down by stakes or whatever and you get the number of hands for the day a little more convenient ;)

<Stat ColumnName="hands_sun" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 0 then 1 else 0 end) as hands_sun" Evaluate="hands_sun" ColumnHeader="Hands sun" ColumnFormat="0" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Hands played" />
<Stat ColumnName="hands_mon" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 1 then 1 else 0 end) as hands_mon" Evaluate="hands_mon" ColumnHeader="Hands mon" ColumnFormat="0" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Hands played" />
<Stat ColumnName="hands_tue" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 2 then 1 else 0 end) as hands_tue" Evaluate="hands_tue" ColumnHeader="Hands tue" ColumnFormat="0" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Hands played" />
<Stat ColumnName="hands_wed" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 3 then 1 else 0 end) as hands_wed" Evaluate="hands_wed" ColumnHeader="Hands wed" ColumnFormat="0" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Hands played" />
<Stat ColumnName="hands_thu" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 4 then 1 else 0 end) as hands_thu" Evaluate="hands_thu" ColumnHeader="Hands thu" ColumnFormat="0" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Hands played" />
<Stat ColumnName="hands_fri" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 5 then 1 else 0 end) as hands_fri" Evaluate="hands_fri" ColumnHeader="Hands fri" ColumnFormat="0" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Hands played" />
<Stat ColumnName="hands_sat" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 6 then 1 else 0 end) as hands_sat" Evaluate="hands_sat" ColumnHeader="Hands sat" ColumnFormat="0" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Hands played" />

also, if you dont like the column names I made up you can change them easy too:

ColumnHeader="Win Rate Sunday"

LHEM100
01-23-2010, 10:49 AM
You are the Man! I am going to try this out today, will let you know how it goes. Thanks a lot!!! Made my day! :)

here we go bro, had to do some serious 'trail n error' for this :p

Copy the code to CustomStats.txt, or create it in the report directory, restart HM and add all "bbPer100_sun" etc to the report manually with the green "+".

This it the win rate as Big Blinds won per 100 hands:

<Stat ColumnName="bbPer100_sun" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 0 then ph.NetAmountWon else 0 end)/100.0 as NetAmountWon_sun;sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 0 then 1 else 0 end) as hands_su" Evaluate="100*NetAmountWon_sun/hands_su" ColumnHeader="bb/100 sun" ColumnFormat="0.00" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Big Blinds won per 100 hands" />
<Stat ColumnName="bbPer100_mon" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 1 then ph.NetAmountWon else 0 end)/100.0 as NetAmountWon_mon;sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 1 then 1 else 0 end) as hands_mo" Evaluate="100*NetAmountWon_mon/hands_mo" ColumnHeader="bb/100 mon" ColumnFormat="0.00" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Big Blinds won per 100 hands" />
<Stat ColumnName="bbPer100_tue" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 2 then ph.NetAmountWon else 0 end)/100.0 as NetAmountWon_tue;sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 2 then 1 else 0 end) as hands_tu" Evaluate="100*NetAmountWon_tue/hands_tu" ColumnHeader="bb/100 tue" ColumnFormat="0.00" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Big Blinds won per 100 hands" />
<Stat ColumnName="bbPer100_wed" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 3 then ph.NetAmountWon else 0 end)/100.0 as NetAmountWon_wed;sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 3 then 1 else 0 end) as hands_we" Evaluate="100*NetAmountWon_wed/hands_we" ColumnHeader="bb/100 wed" ColumnFormat="0.00" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Big Blinds won per 100 hands" />
<Stat ColumnName="bbPer100_thu" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 4 then ph.NetAmountWon else 0 end)/100.0 as NetAmountWon_thu;sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 4 then 1 else 0 end) as hands_th" Evaluate="100*NetAmountWon_thu/hands_th" ColumnHeader="bb/100 thu" ColumnFormat="0.00" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Big Blinds won per 100 hands" />
<Stat ColumnName="bbPer100_fri" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 5 then ph.NetAmountWon else 0 end)/100.0 as NetAmountWon_fri;sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 5 then 1 else 0 end) as hands_fr" Evaluate="100*NetAmountWon_fri/hands_fr" ColumnHeader="bb/100 fri" ColumnFormat="0.00" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Big Blinds won per 100 hands" />
<Stat ColumnName="bbPer100_sat" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 6 then ph.NetAmountWon else 0 end)/100.0 as NetAmountWon_sat;sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 6 then 1 else 0 end) as hands_sa" Evaluate="100*NetAmountWon_sat/hands_sa" ColumnHeader="bb/100 sat" ColumnFormat="0.00" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Big Blinds won per 100 hands" />
if you prefer Big Bets per 100 you just change this for all stats:

Evaluate="50*NetAmountWon_sun/hands_su"

This is for the hands played for each day, its broken down by hour if you use the report I posted above, but HM take the sum of each column so you will still see the hands per day, another thing you can do is to add the stats to another report broken down by stakes or whatever and you get the number of hands for the day a little more convenient ;)

<Stat ColumnName="hands_sun" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 0 then 1 else 0 end) as hands_sun" Evaluate="hands_sun" ColumnHeader="Hands sun" ColumnFormat="0" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Hands played" />
<Stat ColumnName="hands_mon" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 1 then 1 else 0 end) as hands_mon" Evaluate="hands_mon" ColumnHeader="Hands mon" ColumnFormat="0" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Hands played" />
<Stat ColumnName="hands_tue" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 2 then 1 else 0 end) as hands_tue" Evaluate="hands_tue" ColumnHeader="Hands tue" ColumnFormat="0" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Hands played" />
<Stat ColumnName="hands_wed" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 3 then 1 else 0 end) as hands_wed" Evaluate="hands_wed" ColumnHeader="Hands wed" ColumnFormat="0" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Hands played" />
<Stat ColumnName="hands_thu" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 4 then 1 else 0 end) as hands_thu" Evaluate="hands_thu" ColumnHeader="Hands thu" ColumnFormat="0" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Hands played" />
<Stat ColumnName="hands_fri" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 5 then 1 else 0 end) as hands_fri" Evaluate="hands_fri" ColumnHeader="Hands fri" ColumnFormat="0" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Hands played" />
<Stat ColumnName="hands_sat" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 6 then 1 else 0 end) as hands_sat" Evaluate="hands_sat" ColumnHeader="Hands sat" ColumnFormat="0" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Hands played" />

also, if you dont like the column names I made up you can change them easy too:

ColumnHeader="Win Rate Sunday"

LHEM100
01-23-2010, 11:10 AM
You are the Man! I am going to try this out today, will let you know how it goes. Thanks a lot!!! Made my day! :)

Ok, I tried this out. I think I am doing something wrong, but not sure. I play Limit so my whole thing is BB/100 (Big Bets). I made the changes as you mentioned to divide by 50 instead of 100.

I have uploaded a screen shot of what the report looks like. Not sure what I am doing wrong, but if you look at the BB/100 summary at the bottom of each column for day of the week, its obviously too high. I mean, I'm good, but not *that* good! :-)

Also, what I wanted is right below the BB/100 summary at the bottom of each column, the summary for the number of hands for that day as well rather than having the hands summarized in the other columns by day of week, but thats minor compared to getting the BB/100 summary number to be right. Any ideas on what I did wrong? I will also attach my CustomStats.txt file for you to look at in case I screwed that one up. Thanks for your help!

LHEM100
01-23-2010, 11:16 AM
One theory I have is that because you are using dollars won and dividing by 50 (or 100) that won't work because there is a mix of different limits together in the dollars won summary, right? Not sure how to get the different mixes of BB/100 to average out if thats the case.

lirarmange
01-23-2010, 07:28 PM
lol, you are right, the win rate is $/100 hands and not big blinds/100 hands :eek:

Ill have a look at it, very funny be cause I checked the formulas Roy provided in the other thread and saw how he calc the win rate in bb/100, but still forgot to implement it in my stats... :o

lirarmange
01-23-2010, 09:26 PM
Also, what I wanted is right below the BB/100 summary at the bottom of each column, the summary for the number of hands for that day as well rather than having the hands summarized in the other columns by day of week, but thats minor compared to getting the BB/100 summary number to be right. Any ideas on what I did wrong? I will also attach my CustomStats.txt file for you to look at in case I screwed that one up. Thanks for your help!

I can't add another row with hands below the summary row already in HM.

and the summary of BB/100, I just figured out thats its not going to work be cause we have broken down totalHands in smaller parts (by the hour).

So when HM sum that up its something like this:
100*(BB_hour1/hands_hour1+BB_hour2/hands_hour2+...)

The way it should be is:
100*(BB_hour1+hands_hour1+...)/(hands_hour1+hands_hour2+...)
i.e. 100*totalBBs/totalHands

What you can do if you want the total BB/100 for each day is to add the stats to another report, the "overall"-report e.g. or another report with just one row, so we avoid the summarization problem.

LHEM100
01-23-2010, 09:37 PM
I can't add another row with hands below the summary row already in HM.

That sucks. But an easy work around is to have a seperate report that just shows BB/100 for each day at the bottom and not the money at all.

The way it should be is:
100*(BB_hour1+hands_hour1+...)/(hands_hour1+hands_hour2+...)
i.e. 100*totalBBs/totalHands

That wouldn't work either would it because you would have different BBs across different limits on the same hour (10-20, 15-30, etc...)

lirarmange
01-23-2010, 09:54 PM
ANy way to seperate by month like in the sessions tab?

dammit, I misread your post, thought you wanted the stats for every month in the tabs/columns...
We are not allowed to add any stats in the session tab afaik, but you have a little drop down menu there at the top to group by month if thats what youre looking for.

I post the stats that I made in case anyone would like them :rolleyes:

Money won each month:

<Stat ColumnName="NetAmountWon_jan" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(month from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 1 then ph.NetAmountWon else 0 end)/100.0 as NetAmountWon_jan" Evaluate="NetAmountWon_jan" ColumnHeader="$ jan" ColumnFormat="$0.00" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Net Amount Won jan" />
<Stat ColumnName="NetAmountWon_feb" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(month from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 2 then ph.NetAmountWon else 0 end)/100.0 as NetAmountWon_feb" Evaluate="NetAmountWon_feb" ColumnHeader="$ feb" ColumnFormat="$0.00" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Net Amount Won feb" />
<Stat ColumnName="NetAmountWon_mar" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(month from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 3 then ph.NetAmountWon else 0 end)/100.0 as NetAmountWon_mar" Evaluate="NetAmountWon_mar" ColumnHeader="$ mar" ColumnFormat="$0.00" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Net Amount Won mar" />
<Stat ColumnName="NetAmountWon_apr" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(month from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 4 then ph.NetAmountWon else 0 end)/100.0 as NetAmountWon_apr" Evaluate="NetAmountWon_apr" ColumnHeader="$ apr" ColumnFormat="$0.00" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Net Amount Won apr" />
<Stat ColumnName="NetAmountWon_may" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(month from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 5 then ph.NetAmountWon else 0 end)/100.0 as NetAmountWon_may" Evaluate="NetAmountWon_may" ColumnHeader="$ may" ColumnFormat="$0.00" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Net Amount Won may" />
<Stat ColumnName="NetAmountWon_jun" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(month from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 6 then ph.NetAmountWon else 0 end)/100.0 as NetAmountWon_jun" Evaluate="NetAmountWon_jun" ColumnHeader="$ jun" ColumnFormat="$0.00" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Net Amount Won jun" />
<Stat ColumnName="NetAmountWon_jul" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(month from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 7 then ph.NetAmountWon else 0 end)/100.0 as NetAmountWon_jul" Evaluate="NetAmountWon_jul" ColumnHeader="$ jul" ColumnFormat="$0.00" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Net Amount Won jul" />
<Stat ColumnName="NetAmountWon_aug" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(month from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 8 then ph.NetAmountWon else 0 end)/100.0 as NetAmountWon_aug" Evaluate="NetAmountWon_aug" ColumnHeader="$ aug" ColumnFormat="$0.00" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Net Amount Won aug" />
<Stat ColumnName="NetAmountWon_sep" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(month from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 9 then ph.NetAmountWon else 0 end)/100.0 as NetAmountWon_sep" Evaluate="NetAmountWon_sep" ColumnHeader="$ sep" ColumnFormat="$0.00" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Net Amount Won sep" />
<Stat ColumnName="NetAmountWon_oct" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(month from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 10 then ph.NetAmountWon else 0 end)/100.0 as NetAmountWon_oct" Evaluate="NetAmountWon_oct" ColumnHeader="$ oct" ColumnFormat="$0.00" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Net Amount Won oct" />
<Stat ColumnName="NetAmountWon_nov" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(month from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 11 then ph.NetAmountWon else 0 end)/100.0 as NetAmountWon_nov" Evaluate="NetAmountWon_nov" ColumnHeader="$ nov" ColumnFormat="$0.00" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Net Amount Won nov" />
<Stat ColumnName="NetAmountWon_dec" ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(month from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 12 then ph.NetAmountWon else 0 end)/100.0 as NetAmountWon_dec" Evaluate="NetAmountWon_dec" ColumnHeader="$ dec" ColumnFormat="$0.00" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Net Amount Won dec" />

lirarmange
01-23-2010, 10:01 PM
That wouldn't work either would it because you would have different BBs across different limits on the same hour (10-20, 15-30, etc...)

actually it would work because the stat take $won/BB for each hand and sum it up, so it is "limit independent" :D
So the numbers in the report should be correct thats just the bottom row (the summary) thats incorrect.

cryuff
01-24-2010, 01:22 AM
Wow,

Great work LHEM100 and Lirarmange. This will be very useful when it is figured out.

LHEM100 I looked at the Customstats.txt you posted and this may be the problem. Using Tuesday as an example

Evaluate="50*NetAmountWon_tue/hands_tu"

When I look in the formulas for HM stat:

BBPer100

Stat GroupName="Default" ColumnName="BBPer100" ValueExpressions="Sum(ph.NetAmountWon/1.0/GT.BigBlind) as TotalBBs" Evaluate="TotalBBs*50.0/TotalHands" ColumnHeader="BB/100" ColumnFormat="0.00" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Big Bets won per 100 hands" /

NetAmountWon

Stat GroupName="Default" ColumnName="NetAmountWon" ValueExpressions="Sum(ph.NetAmountWon)/100.0 as NetAmountWon" Evaluate="NetAmountWon" ColumnHeader="$" ColumnFormat="$0.00" ColumnWidth="*" Tooltip="Net Amount Won" /

So our Evaluate for tuesday should be

Evaluate ="50*TotalBBs_tue/hands_tu"

But to get TotalBBs we have to manipulate

ValueExpressions="Sum(ph.NetAmountWon/1.0/GT.BigBlind) as TotalBBs

and thats where I am stuck.

Don't know if this helps anyone. But keep trying and thanks again guys.

lirarmange
01-24-2010, 07:41 PM
ah, Im sorry guys but Im a little retarded... I actually figured that out and just updated my original post with the BB/100 stat :rolleyes:

The trick is to separate two sums in the same ValueExpresson tag, you do this by using semi colon ";". Then you need the number of hands for the sample of hands on that particular day you just summed the BBs for.
I did this by summing 1 in stead of "ph.NetAmountWon/1.0/GT.BigBlind" every time the statement was true.

sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 2 then 1 else 0 end) as hands_tu

Looks like this when its done:

ValueExpressions="sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 2 then ph.NetAmountWon/1.0/GT.BigBlind else 0 end) as bbs_tue;sum(case when extract(dow from PH.HandTimeStamp) = 2 then 1 else 0 end) as hands_tu"

Evaluate="bbs_tue*100.0/hands_tu"

cryuff
01-26-2010, 01:48 PM
Thanks lirarmange.

LHEM100
01-27-2010, 03:54 AM
Ok, I made the changes and was able to produce a report that showed the correct values of BB/100! Thanks so much for helping figure this out, that is sweet.

I am posting my report and stats file here for anyone else who is a LHE player and wants to see the results in BB/100. Don't forget to add the custom stats to the report.

One final thing. Its a really ugly report overall because all of the hours and all of the days are on the left hand side so its really difficult to read and summarize. There should be a better way to handle this. What do you think lirarmange? I am thinking maybe to have a report that divides the day into four sections rather than 24 hours. That might be a lot more useful and easy to read.

LHEM100
01-27-2010, 04:09 AM
One final thing. Its a really ugly report overall because all of the hours and all of the days are on the left hand side so its really difficult to read and summarize. There should be a better way to handle this. What do you think lirarmange? I am thinking maybe to have a report that divides the day into four sections rather than 24 hours. That might be a lot more useful and easy to read.

Here is a screen shot showing the problem:

The good news is that the BB/100 summary at the bottom of each column looks right now. The bad news is that you really can't tell anything about time of day patterns because the day of week and time of day are both on the left column.

lirarmange
01-27-2010, 06:05 AM
OMG, so you break it down by hour AND day on the left, pretty useless to have he stats also breaking it down by day. I mean you will get a lot of "na".

start by edit the report file and delete this, to get rid of the days on the left:

<Grouping FieldExpression="to_char(PH.HandTimeStamp,'day')" ColumnName="Day of the Week" />

lirarmange
01-27-2010, 06:15 AM
I am thinking maybe to have a report that divides the day into four sections rather than 24 hours. That might be a lot more useful and easy to read.

Grate that you got the BB/100 to be correct too!

---
Its very easy to group the day in sections,

Edit your .report file, to add ranges to the report, here is an example: (NOTE: the change made to the here "PH.HandTimeStamp,'D'"

<Groupings>
<Grouping FieldExpression="to_number(to_char(PH.HandTimeStamp,'D'),'99')" ColumnName="Day of the Week">
<Ranges>
<Range In="1,7" RangeName="1) weekend" />
<Range MinValue="4" MaxValue="6" RangeName="2) WE+TH+FR" />
<Range MinValue="2" MaxValue="3" RangeName="3) MO+TU" />
</Ranges>
</Grouping>
<Grouping FieldExpression="to_number(to_char(PH.HandTimeStamp,'HH24'),'99')" ColumnName="Hour of Day">
<Ranges>
<Range In="22,23,0,1,2" RangeName="1) prime time" />
<Range MinValue="18" MaxValue="21" RangeName="2) fishy" />
<Range MinValue="12" MaxValue="17" RangeName="3) mid day" />
<Range MinValue="6" MaxValue="11" RangeName="4) morning" />
<Range MinValue="3" MaxValue="5" RangeName="5) chasing loses" />
</Ranges>
</Grouping>
</Groupings>

LHEM100
01-28-2010, 03:04 AM
OMG, so you break it down by hour AND day on the left, pretty useless to have he stats also breaking it down by day. I mean you will get a lot of "na".

start by edit the report file and delete this, to get rid of the days on the left:

<Grouping FieldExpression="to_char(PH.HandTimeStamp,'day')" ColumnName="Day of the Week" />

Thank you again! That was driving me crazy. Much better once I got rid of that, can actually see the data in a useful format!

LHEM100
01-28-2010, 04:38 AM
Grate that you got the BB/100 to be correct too!

---
Its very easy to group the day in sections,

Edit your .report file, to add ranges to the report, here is an example: (NOTE: the change made to the here "PH.HandTimeStamp,'D'"

<Groupings>
<Grouping FieldExpression="to_char(PH.HandTimeStamp,'D')" ColumnName="Day of the Week" />

<Ranges>
<Range in="1,7" RangeName="1) weekend" />
</Ranges>

</Grouping>

<Ranges>
<Range in="22,23,0,1,2" RangeName="1) prime time" />
</Ranges>

</Grouping>
</Groupings>

For some reason when I try this the report does not show up in HEM. There must be some problem with the groupings. I am enclosing my report so you can see for yourself. Probably some bracket is missing or slash.

lirarmange
01-28-2010, 07:26 AM
Thank you again! That was driving me crazy.
I can imagine, looked really disgusting :D

lirarmange
01-28-2010, 07:32 AM
For some reason when I try this the report does not show up in HEM. There must be some problem with the groupings. I am enclosing my report so you can see for yourself. Probably some bracket is missing or slash.

<Report Name="1 - test" Version="1.1">
<Groupings>
<Grouping FieldExpression="to_number(to_char(PH.HandTimeStamp,'D'),'99')" ColumnName="Day of the Week">
<Ranges>
</Ranges>
</Grouping>
<Grouping FieldExpression="to_number(to_char(PH.HandTimeStamp,'HH24'),'99')" ColumnName="Hour of Day">
<Ranges>
<Range In="22,23,0,1,2" RangeName="1) prime time" />
</Ranges>
</Grouping>
</Groupings>
<Stats>
<Stat StatName="Big Bets per 100" />
<Stat StatName="BB_Per100_sun" />
<Stat StatName="BB_Per100_mon" />
<Stat StatName="BB_Per100_tue" />
<Stat StatName="BB_Per100_wed" />
<Stat StatName="BB_Per100_thu" />
<Stat StatName="BB_Per100_fri" />
<Stat StatName="BB_Per100_sat" />
<Stat StatName="Net Amount Won" />
</Stats>
</Report>

You were right, I didnt test the report myself, just checked Roy's "report building 101" and copy some of his code, and one or two slashes came in the wrong place.

Another thing, be very careful when you edit the hour ranges and other stuff in the code, because some of the tags are case sensitive! Was about to give up when I just tested to write "In=" appose to "in=", I hate xml code lol.

lirarmange
01-28-2010, 07:44 AM
This is the code to group hands by days (on the left), 1=sunday, 2=monday etc;

<Ranges>
</Ranges>
</Grouping>

actually it makes little sense to have this code in the report if you are going to ad the "winnings per day" stats. But I guess thats more of a personal preferences :rolleyes:
And you can always have two separate reports :)

LHEM100
01-30-2010, 07:41 PM
This is the code to group hands by days (on the left), 1=sunday, 2=monday etc;

<Ranges>
</Ranges>
</Grouping>

actually it makes little sense to have this code in the report if you are going to ad the "winnings per day" stats. But I guess thats more of a personal preferences :rolleyes:
And you can always have two separate reports :)

Yes, I created two different reports, one for BB/100 by day and another one for the weekend/time of day. Your new example works great! The HEM team should incorportate your report as part of their official release! Thanks again for all your help.

lirarmange
02-04-2010, 09:41 PM
NP, its fun if you find the reports useful :)