PDA

View Full Version : License Manager Problem Using Parallels on a Mac

sapientia
04-06-2009, 11:04 AM
I have a mac and run win2000 in a Parallels VM. Whenever I install a new program or update an existing app or make any change that might hose windows or introduce malware I clone the VM and work in the new instance. If all goes well I'm a happy camper and continue with the new instance. If there's a problem I can usually just copy newly created hand histories to a shared directory and back out to the previous instance. Checkpoints and backups to CD are a piece of cake.

So I created a new instance to update HEM with tourney and omaha support. The license manager said I needed to deactivate the previous installation. Of course the previous installation was on an instance 5 or 6 clones ago and had already been burned to CD. (I was waiting for tourney, omaha, and win2000 support so I hadn't run HEM in some time.) I activated the "second" machine and it's working fine.

But you see the problem. The license manager seems to think the clone is a completely different computer. Am I going to have to email support each time I clone to install a piece of software or update a program? And then what if I have to back out to a previous clone, do I have to email support again?

I understand HEM is licensed for two machines. But I think the license manager is being too nitty when it comes to defining what a "machine" is. I only have one laptop.

morny
04-06-2009, 04:10 PM
See this thread http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7960