PDA

View Full Version : Save HUD Position

Plol
06-25-2011, 06:18 PM
Hello all im a HEM noob been using PT3 for last few year, anyway im having trouble with my HUD positioning.

Can someone tell me how to move the panels and save them so they stay in the place i would like them?

At the moment they keep snapping back into sill places like the bottom of my table.

Its for a Pokerstars table and the way i was trying to save the positioning was go onto Table Manager > File > Save Position (whatever it says) this must not be correct because it never stays:confused:

Please help thank you:)

Patvs
06-25-2011, 06:32 PM
Setup the seating preferences: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/34/PreferredSeating

Plol
06-25-2011, 06:38 PM
Hi Patvs cheers for your reply but i have done this, i only set the 6-max to seat 3 as thats the only game/table type i intend on playing.

My panels all appear on the correct player i just cant move and then save them as they then still move after i try to save the config/positioning.

I would like to have a few diff panels around each player but they just never save and keep moving its pretty frustrating.

Any more advice please? thanks!

Patvs
06-25-2011, 07:13 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files, even if the firewall is turned off.

---

Most likely not having super user administrator privileges, is preventing the hud panels to save properly when you use file-->save positions in TableManager .

Plol
06-25-2011, 07:42 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Vista, Windows Firewall, Microsoft Security Essentials

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

I found...
DBControlPannel Application 240 KB
HMHud Application 1125 KB
HoldemManager Application 7140 KB

They all seem to have the 'Run Admin' checked although its grayed out...
http://i848.photobucket.com/albums/ab49/CindyWolff/HEM.png

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files, even if the firewall is turned off.

I have done this for those 3 files in Windows firewall.

---

Most likely not having super user administrator privileges, is preventing the hud panels to save properly when you use file-->save positions in TableManager .

What next please?

I have just downloaded and im using the 15 day free trial if this makes any difference.

Plol
06-25-2011, 08:46 PM
I have tried to save the layout with multi panel but it just wont work and they end up all over the place but when i just use 1 whole panel it seems to save and stay where i want it to.

Plol
06-25-2011, 08:47 PM
I have tried to save the layout with multi panels but it just wont work and they end up all over the place but when i just use 1 whole panel it seems to save and stay where i want it to.

Patvs
06-25-2011, 09:48 PM
Turn off User Account Control: How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life (http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/12/30/how-to-disable-and-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7/)
and reboot.

Run a manual Windows Update.
Make sure Vista is updated to Service Pack 2.
And ALL other updates are installed, including all .net framework updates.