PDA

View Full Version : Pricing for that table scanner

teecee90
04-05-2009, 09:49 AM
Vote if you agree:

http://holdemmanager.uservoice.com/pages/general/suggestions/155478-realistic-pricing-for-the-table-scanner

Even if you don't agree with my price suggestion, you can still vote for a "realistic" price and put what you think is realistic in the comments.

Alex
04-05-2009, 10:47 AM
i donīt like to pay a monthly fee at all (even if it is a very small one).

I think it might be a good pricing model to sell the scanner "in pieces". A one time payment for each pokerroom/network that i want to use the scanner with -> each room separatly.
This would be a very customer orientated solution.

Drzapperrr
04-05-2009, 03:28 PM
No montly fee , a small price would be ok :)

Beans
04-05-2009, 04:56 PM
No montly fee , a small price would be ok :)
this^

teecee90
04-05-2009, 06:12 PM
i donīt like to pay a monthly fee at all (even if it is a very small one).

I think it might be a good pricing model to sell the scanner "in pieces". A one time payment for each pokerroom/network that i want to use the scanner with -> each room separatly.
This would be a very customer orientated solution.

You can do that by buying one of the stand alone SpadeIt products......which is why the HM integrated table scanner needs to be very keenly priced.

FookFuLohan
04-05-2009, 07:00 PM
How did you figure a value of $2/mo ? Is it because that's all what your BR can afford ?

It's worth more than $2/mo. This is not charity. If you are going to do charity might as well go to a 3rd world country and feed the poor. If the developers are not going to make any living out of the product there will be no motivation to develop such a product. You have to consider the complexity of coding the application, how much it will cost to program the apps + the the continued maintenance and support for the product.

Making serious money in poker means serious business and requires time and money to make it work and profitable. And of course you need the right tool to get the job done and the right tool will always cost money.

Not everyone is too lucky to make a big score. The majority has to grind away to make a significant profit.

@ $2/mo why bother coding the product and wasting your time away. Might as well grind away in ring games and make more than that.

or just play "play money".

Skesis
04-05-2009, 08:31 PM
Lol @ $2/month.

If you don't like the pricing don't pay it, simple as that. HEM is already a steal, I'd have paid much, much more for it and I'm sure there are many others that feel the same. You're not just paying for the product either, you're paying for ongoing first-class support as well as ongoing development.

FookFuLohan
04-05-2009, 09:14 PM
Not just that.

@teecee Do you realize what proper table selection can do to your profitability ? Well do you ?

And your asking Roy to do all this work to make you profitable playing poker @ $2/mo.

Not to mention what HEM can do for you used as a tool to plug the leaks in your game.

teecee90
04-06-2009, 02:38 AM
Like I said in the OP.......if you want to suggest a different price, go ahead. I think $2 per month is realistic when you consider that you can buy a lifetime license to SpadeEye or Telescope for $45 (which I have already done) and Mr Snood has already confirmed that he will continue to develop and support those products. If the HM version is going to cost any more than say $30 per year, where is the incentive to sign-up?

I don't know what HMs customer base is but if enough people sign up $2 per month could be a very good earner and monthly subscriptions provide continuity of income. Adding server side scanning would justify a higher price as it would be a USP over and above the SpadeIT products.

Just my opinion......if you don't agree don't vote......simple.

Alex
04-06-2009, 04:13 AM
You can do that by buying one of the stand alone SpadeIt products......which is why the HM integrated table scanner needs to be very keenly priced.

I know. I already bought two of the stand alone products. I would also buy those two products "again" with the tablescanner, because that is the only way to scan different pokerrooms using only one application. If i have to pay a monthly fee for that, i am definetly not going to buy.

teecee90
04-12-2009, 05:00 AM
Personally I don't see the point in paying for something twice simply for the benefit of integration.

NoTurns
04-12-2009, 06:59 AM
If there's a server side scanner I'd say $20 a month AT LEAST. If all functions I want are in the scanner and everything is fast, reliable and always up (no scanner downtimes), I'm willing to go up to $50 a month. $2 a month is a joke, a tool like this should not be readily available to people who are not willing to pay the price for it.

Since it's not the only tool in the market though, it should be superior to all other table scanners. Once it is (like Holdem Manager is superior in the trackermarket) you can ask the $20-$50 a month for it, easily. I bet there are lots of serious regulars who have no problem paying that.

Personaly I found prices under $100 for a good tracker like Holdem Manager also a joke, especially since it's a one time fee.

My thoughts.

JH1
04-12-2009, 09:10 AM
If there's a server side scanner I'd say $20 a month AT LEAST. If all functions I want are in the scanner and everything is fast, reliable and always up (no scanner downtimes), I'm willing to go up to $50 a month. $2 a month is a joke, a tool like this should not be readily available to people who are not willing to pay the price for it.

Since it's not the only tool in the market though, it should be superior to all other table scanners. Once it is (like Holdem Manager is superior in the trackermarket) you can ask the $20-$50 a month for it, easily. I bet there are lots of serious regulars who have no problem paying that.

Personaly I found prices under $100 for a good tracker like Holdem Manager also a joke, especially since it's a one time fee.

My thoughts.

I agree with this. Maybe there could be payment options based on which version you have. $25/month for the microstakes version and $50/month for the pro version or something like that.

teecee90
04-12-2009, 10:57 AM
My suggestion of $2 per month is just for the local scanner. Like I said, I'd pay $8 per month for server side scanning. It obviously depends what stakes you play but for micro-stakes I think PT charges around $9.99 per month (for an annual subscription) for server side scanning so anything more than this would not be competitive. Why would you pay $25 per month when you can get it for $9.99 ? That's just idiotic.

Hunter
04-12-2009, 11:38 AM
I would be much happier paying a monthly fee for server side scanning of players and rooms. I would be still happier if I could only pay for the rooms I wanted.

NoTurns
04-12-2009, 11:53 AM
My suggestion of $2 per month is just for the local scanner. Like I said, I'd pay $8 per month for server side scanning. It obviously depends what stakes you play but for micro-stakes I think PT charges around $9.99 per month (for an annual subscription) for server side scanning so anything more than this would not be competitive. Why would you pay $25 per month when you can get it for $9.99 ? That's just idiotic.

You're comparing apples with eggs. First of all I don't play microstakes so the $9.99 is not applicable to me. Secondly I clearly stated that when HM enters this market HM should be aiming at making a superior product, which means you're not getting the same, you're getting more, you're getting better. Thirdly I'm willing to pay a little extra for not having two trackers with two seperate databases running at the same time which occasionally seriously LAGs my system, not even talking about the occasional hangers because PT3 isn't the most stable software I've ever worked with. Fourthly, I'm willing to pay more so less players will be using what I am using. I think very reasonable pricing for midstakes software is something like $50 a month for a server side scanner and something like $250 a year for a good tracker like HM, I'm actually shooting quite low here. I am aware HM can't do this because of the competition but I think it would be better for the market and better for the game.

Whenever I read a topic in a forum on pricing and such ridiculously low pricings are suggested I can't help but just crunch my teeth. I don't know, It just feels so nitty, the software will help you make money in a very direct way and, if correctly used, will pay itself back many many many times over!!!

teecee90
04-12-2009, 12:22 PM
You're comparing apples with eggs.

No I'm not....you are. I specifically said it depends what stakes you play....Im talking about micro-stakes. $25 for mid-stakes is not unreasonable so we can agree on that.

.... I am aware HM can't do this because of the competition ...

This is the key point. Pricing a product too high to ensure that it remains "exclusive" is commercial suicide.

Boglord
04-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Pardon my intrusion, but what's server side scanning? How is it better than a local one?

Hunter
04-13-2009, 12:37 AM
in server side scanning they keep a current list of all tables a site has and who is playing at them. You download the list from then, then look up the players in your database. The advantages of this are its much faster and it doesn't interfer with your poker client.

Gavius
04-13-2009, 04:18 PM
A server side table scanner could end in the "prohibited list" of pokerstars or/and other providers. I don't want to see HM in that kind of lists.

Mr_Snood
04-13-2009, 04:26 PM
A server side table scanner could end in the "prohibited list" of pokerstars or/and other providers. I don't want to see HM in that kind of lists.
Server-side-scanning is fine with PokerStars.
No need to worry.

Hunter
04-13-2009, 07:33 PM

poker tracker has a server side scanner and is explicitly allowed, so i'm pretty sure there's nothing to worry about there.

NoTurns
04-13-2009, 08:32 PM
PT3 has it and it is allowed. I do recommend some negotiations with PokerStars though.