PDA

View Full Version : HEM importing slowly

SuperSized
06-24-2011, 06:46 AM
Why is HEM importing my hands so slowly? I am building a new database using 1.11.06g, since 1.11.07 internal cannot seem to accomplish this rather simple task. I have a Sandybridge i5 processor, with 8GB RAM, a SSD HDD and it's importing at 4 hands/s. Initially it imported at speeds of 15 hands/s, not very speedy to begin with. I have heard of speeds in the past of 30-40 hands/s. Where is that speed now? There are now 1 million hands in the database, but 4 hands/s is very slow. I have set HEM and HMimport processor priority and affinity as high and to use all CPUs.

Patvs
06-24-2011, 03:30 PM
Read
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html

Turn off logging.

Which SSD do you have? Is it running in ACHI mode? (not in IDE mode?)

Read: Can You Get More Space Or Speed From Your SSD? : Optimizing Precious Solid-State Storage (http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ssd-performance-tweak,2911.html)

SuperSized
06-24-2011, 04:35 PM
Thanks for the link, it's running in ACHI mode. I have also turned off logging. The drive is new and flies along in every application except for HEM. I have installed the latest working version of HEM, I have a fast PC. Your software should work out of the box, not require the user to change settings and find ways to speed up your slow importer. In actual fact the importer ran faster on my old SATA mechanical drive.

I appreciate your efforts, but I've pretty much lost confidence in your product. I'm losing money every time I have sort out one of the many issues at the moment.

Drive = Apacer ProII Series AS202

Patvs
06-24-2011, 05:16 PM
I have a Intel X25-M G2 and I can import with 40-50 hands/s despite my 5 million hand database.

(empty database I get 80+ hands second)

7200 RPM I get 40/50 h/swith an empty database. And it will slow down to 4 h/s as the database gets really large.

What are the 4K read/write speeds on your Apacer ProII Series AS202 if you run a benchmark in CrystalDiskMark?

Is any program on your computer capable of monitoring the PostgreSQL connection?? Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for posgtres.exe, port 5432, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Try installing PostgreSQL 9.0.4 to port 5433 and use that instead.