PDA

View Full Version : Telescope v. Table Scanner?

LowWater
04-04-2009, 04:03 PM
I'm a registered owner of HEM 1.07 eagerly awaiting 1.08 with the Table Scanner.

Can anyone describe the differences and/or similarities between HEM's new Table Scanner and Telescope 1.58 (http://www.spadeit.com/tindex.php) ?

If my questioned has already been addressed, would someone be so kind as to point me to the thread or link? Thanks.

Al1
04-05-2009, 06:49 AM
Mr Snood, the Telescope programmer has written the Table Scanner.

LowWater
04-06-2009, 05:23 PM
Al1, thanks for taking the time to reply.

I appreciate you point and it gives me some inductive reasoning into the design of the Table Scanner Module for the up and coming version of HEM.

But, I'm still in the dark. It could be the same as Telescope, it could be completely different. I'm rather naive about this so try and follow my logic.

Table Scanner could, I suppose, screen-scan my open PokerStars and figure the game I'm playing, then look at the relevant stats for the tables in my lobby: Ave Pot, Players/Flop, Hands/Hr and build an algorithm from that. Alternately, it could dive into my PostgreSQL and match up the folks currently playing and the broader spectrum of their stats I have in my database and construct an algorithm from that.

The third conceivable method would be a hybrid of the above two.

Does anyone know the answer?