PDA

View Full Version : am i too dumb to update hm?

dj1987
04-04-2009, 12:32 PM
hey.

i just started playing on NoiQ (entraction network). the newest beta version works with entraction right?

anyway, i downloaded the newest update (1.08beta) and installed it. it says everything was updated but when i start holdem manager again it's still the old version (i have1.06.03h).

am i doing something wrong?

thx

morny
04-04-2009, 03:07 PM
Reboot, then run the update before opening any other programs

Also make sure you havent installed Holdem Manager originally somewhere else other than C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager as this is where the update will install to

Simpliest way is to search for RVGSoftware and see if it comes up in 2 different locations

dj1987
04-04-2009, 04:15 PM
ok... i actually have holdem manager installed in 2 different places. one is the under program files/rvg software, the other is just in program files/holdem manager. the one i've been using is the program files/holdem manager one. i guess i have to delete this one? can i do this without losing any of my database etc?

morny
04-04-2009, 04:25 PM
Well when you install the update you can change the path if thats easier, otherwise

Can you follow these instructions:

1) Make a backup of your C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder
2) Uninstall HM via the Control Panel
3) Go to Program Files and delete the RVG Software directory, or the equivalent for Vista
5) Install the complete setup of HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/holdemmanager.zip
7) Download the latest patch HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Hm1.08Beta.exe
8) Test if it for a while and see if it work
9) Close down Holdem Manager and copy the config folder from step 1 and copy and overwrite it to your C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder
10) Test if it works again for a while

This will ensure you dont lose your database (its not stored in the HM folders only the hud layouts and other settings are)