PDA

View Full Version : Position Stats

flofin
07-10-2008, 09:01 PM
All my tournaments are full table ( 9 players) but when i look at my stats by position it onlu show 6 positions , just SB, BB, E,M,CO,B and by number of players apear the 9, so just wondering if this is normal or how i can see all my positions.

morny
07-11-2008, 06:54 PM
1) Small Blind
2) Big blind
3) EP
4) MP
5) CO
6) Button

These are the 6 positions but Early and Middle Position refer to more than 1 seat so EP would include UTG & UTG +1 etc

Its the same when your using the filter

Chucky the tree
07-18-2008, 01:57 PM
bumpity bump.

Any plans to change this? being a full ring nit it's useful to have excact position stats i think.

Rvg72
07-19-2008, 02:33 AM
I have attached a report that breaks down stats by each position. I named the position BTN, CO, MP3, MP2, MP1, EP3, EP2, EP1 and SB and BB. Feel free to open the file with notepad and make changes,

You need to change the extension from .txt to .Report and then throw it in your holdem manager\reports folder and relaunch HM

Roy

morny
07-19-2008, 09:19 AM
Ill add .reports and .log to the list of files that can be attached, let me know if you need anything else added

Chucky the tree
07-19-2008, 12:33 PM
coll, it's working fine but when I load it the position are listed as follows

6)ep3
4)mp2
Big lbind
small blind
3) MP3
5) MP1
7) EP2
2) Cut off
3) Button

any way to get them in the order Btn 1st then down to BB?

morny
07-19-2008, 07:21 PM
Here you go Chucky Ive edited it to your liking.
Seems the string is viewed as text and not numerically and its basically reading like this:

Roy any idea how to get it to view this numerically instead, i had a look through the other reports but couldnt find anything similar, what about the ColumnFormat="" maybe?

Anyway this will work temporarily but i dont play FR so let me know if its ok

Chucky the tree
07-20-2008, 11:00 AM
4= MP2
8= SB
6= EP1
5=MP3
7= EP2
2= Cut off
9 = BB
1 = BTN
3 = MP1

morny
07-20-2008, 11:26 AM
If you click on the column named positions it will sort it by number. Does that work for you?

edit// no that is correct

The format its done in is:

1) Button
2) CO
3) MP1
4) MP2
5) MP3
6) EP1
7) EP2 (UTG+1)
7) EP3 (UTG)
8) SB
9) BB

Let me know if its correct?

Chucky the tree
07-20-2008, 05:47 PM
When you clice it once BB is on top and goes down, click against it done is that order. It's grand as it is though.

Rvg72
07-20-2008, 06:04 PM
I'm going to be making some changes to way reports do default sort orders soon to make this easier

Roy

Looser
07-23-2008, 10:31 AM
how could it be, that HM shows me 9.6% Early Unopened PFR on FL 2/4, even if i never played anything other than shorthanded? same in the HUD.

morny
07-23-2008, 11:00 AM
When a table breaks up and your heads up HM interprets it as headsup if viewed in the summary report but you still get your full stats in the stakes report.

Looser
07-23-2008, 11:12 AM
i am afraid i got it.

HM shows the MP2 position in shorthanded games as EP Early Position?
is that correct?
even if early position never did exist in shorthanded poker?

same in the HUD? EP means the 1st of the 6 shorthanded positions? which is MP2 actually.

morny
07-23-2008, 11:23 AM
Are you using the Full Ring report from this thread. You should be using the report called Position and not Position (FR) I originally thought you were on about the "Winnings Summary" report

Maybe post a screenshot?

Looser
07-23-2008, 11:36 AM
yes i am using the old report "position".
and this report has 6 positions: EP, MP, CO, BU, SB and BB

i filter for FL SH 2/4 (actually there are only SH data in the database)
and the report shows me data in Early Position, even if this position does not exist in shorthanded games. in shorthanded games, all stats in EP have to be 0, because it doesnt exist.

if i use my FL 1/2 data, which are SH and FR data, i see less hands in early position, if i filter for shorthanded only. HM says:
- i played 730 hands FL FR 1/2 in early position
- and 604 hands FL SH 1/2 in early position

its the same with every report, the HUD and all pop ups. i am playing shorthanded and HM shows me data for EP.

i also checked it now with the new report position FR. the position report shows me 575 hands for FL SH 2/4 in EP, the position FR report shows me the same 575 hands in MP2.

so obviously in HM Manager the MP2-position in shorthanded games was renamed to EP.
that means e.g. EP Raise First In 10% in the HUD means in shorthanded games, that this player raised from MP2.

again my question: is that correct? you named the 1st position in shorthanded games EP instead of MP2? all EP stats in this tool mean MP2 stats if shorthanded?

morny
07-23-2008, 03:58 PM
Im not too sure what you mean to be honest, but basically the 1st position in 6max games is EP, im not sure where your getting MP2 from because this has nothing to do with 6max, the 6 positions in 6max are UTG/EP MP CO Btn SB and BB, theres no MP2 in 6max at all.

Hope that clears it up

Looser
07-24-2008, 04:23 AM
thank you very much for this clarification.

i was confused due to your definition of positions in shorthanded poker. what i have learned is:
Full Ring: UTG1, UTG2, UTG3, MP1, MP2, MP3 ,CO, BU, SB, BB
the 1st 3 are EP, the next 3 MP, then 2 LP and the 2 Blinds
shorthanded: MP2, MP3, CO, BU. SB, BB
just cut the 1st 4 positions. so we got 2 MP, 2 LP and 2 Blinds so EP does not exist.

but who cares. now its clear what these EP figures in HM for shorthanded mean.

great product, btw.

a.k.a.Also
03-23-2010, 02:09 PM
Here you go Chucky Ive edited it to your liking.
Seems the string is viewed as text and not numerically and its basically reading like this: ..................

Roy any idea how to get it to view this numerically instead, i had a look through the other reports but couldnt find anything similar, what about the ColumnFormat="" maybe?

Anyway this will work temporarily but i dont play FR so let me know if its ok

I've loaded this up, and noted discrepancies in the breakdown totals between this and the 6 position report.

The overall handcount is however correct so there has to be a problem with the ranges?

It appears that this report caters for 10 positions, not nine, though I dont appear to have any 10 seater histories to check this.

I also checked the original that Roy posted, and this is the same.

Edit
Seems as though Damntra had similar issues in this thread

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/custom-reports/311-position-full-ring.html

a.k.a.Also
03-25-2010, 02:10 PM
Ok I've done a bit more research.

It appears this report will only be accurate if you filter for a specific number of players at the table.

If you just run the report for all hands, empty seats at the table throws the whole thing out, and hand positions are wrongly calculated.

Also had a thought that it might make sense to number the seats in accordance with number of players left to act preflop, so UTG, on a full 9 seat table, would be #8, BB #0.

Any thoughts and ideas??

thebookie
04-01-2010, 01:18 PM
Is anyone working on this? I would really like it to sort properly and make adjustments for breaking tables.

Thanks.

Witz17
10-24-2010, 08:06 PM
I found out, that HM calculates the positions EP and MP in a very strange way.

It's correct for 10-seated and 6-seated tables, but not for 7 to 9.

I made a table pic to explain it better.

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/9305/hmpositioncalc.jpg

So when I'm playing 9-seat tables, where there's often missing one, sometimes two or even three guys, my stats are quite mixed together.

The MP stats summarize MP3 and some of MP2.
The EP stats summarize EP2, EP3, MP1 and some of MP2.

And so this probably refers to all stats, especially the HUD.

This is quite confusing!

It would be much better if EP really would only be EP1, EP2, EP3 and MP MP1, MP2, MP3, at least for Full Ring.
If HM can't really distinguish between 6-seated FR tables and SH tables, it should be at least possible to change between FR and SH stats in HM, so that SH players still have their well known stats EP and MP referring to the first two positions

Ajax
10-30-2010, 01:59 AM
The MP stats summarize MP3 and some of MP2.
The EP stats summarize EP2, EP3, MP1 and some of MP2.

And so this probably refers to all stats, especially the HUD.

This is quite confusing!

It would be much better if EP really would only be EP1, EP2, EP3 and MP MP1, MP2, MP3, at least for Full Ring.
I agree that the way it is done now is confusing. I created a poll in the suggestions forum to change it so that every position is separated in the database. You can vote for it here http://forums.holdemmanager.com/holdem-manager-suggestions/38383-hm-define-seat-positions-better.html