PDA

View Full Version : ftp wont import correctly - duplicate hands

ynot
06-21-2011, 07:58 AM
I played a session earlier today that generated 5 hand history files. When the session was done I checked my stats and the winnings were way off. HEM claims that I have only played 129 hands.

I copied the files to another folder and did a manual import. HEM:

Imported 5 files.
Files Imported: 5 of 5
Hans Imported: 0
Duplicate Hands 422

HEM clearly finds all the 422 hands I played, but most of them dont show up in the report. What to do?

Patvs
06-21-2011, 11:33 AM
set the date formatting of your computer to M/d/yyyy (and not to European default d/M/yyyy)

clear filters (even though it appears no filters are selected!)

ynot
06-21-2011, 11:45 AM
is that really your only solution? I'd rather miss a few hands than having to run my entire system with the wrong time settings.

Patvs
06-21-2011, 12:50 PM
Did you try clear filters?

M/d/yyyy is the proper date formatting.
You can also try to set the Language & Region settings (in Windows Control Panel) to: English (United States)

HoldemManager needs time, date, currency, and number formatting settings in the American formatting.

If you use other settings, some pokerclient will use your computer's local settings:
either writing handhistories in the wrong format or
... with European date formatting it will be unclear if 6/7/2011 is June 7th or July 6th, so the hands will show up at the wrong date.

Also check your time settings. If there is a big time difference between the clock in the pokerclient and your local time, it's possible hands played "today" show up as yesterday's hands in HoldemManager.
To fix this, use the adjust import times: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/434/Adjust+Site+Import+Times

ynot
06-21-2011, 03:10 PM
my point is that I shouldnt be forced to set my computer up with american settings when I live in Europe. If HEM needs the entire system to be american there is need for a patch.

You dont find it weird that HEM finds some of the hands I played that session? Shouldn't I be getting 0 hands if the problem was the system settings?

Yes, I have cleared all the filters.

Patvs
06-21-2011, 05:03 PM
Update to http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/82571-1-11-07-pre-release.html

Reimport your hands into a new database.

If you still can't see your hands in reports/sessions/graphs.. or it shows 129 (out of 422 hands played) PM me to schedule a teamviewer session.