PDA

View Full Version : Everest: Focus stealing issue

HMU0815
06-20-2011, 09:18 AM
Hello,

I have an issue with HM 1.11.06g on Everest Poker: When using the HUD, it is essentially impossible to take notes, because every time a table requires action, the window focus switches away from the note window to that table. Turning off the HUD solves it, but of course this is not an acceptable solution. ;)

Are there any workarounds?

Thanks in advance
and best regards,

-HMU

Patvs
06-20-2011, 01:03 PM
Try hud options--> table preferences--> lock the layout.

This mainly is an Everest issue which (unlike Full Tilt, PokerStars) doesn't give you the option to control the focus stealing.

HMU0815
06-20-2011, 03:05 PM
Unfortunately this did not cause any change, the focus is still being taken away from the note window, wenn a table requires action.

Everest actually has an option "Bring table to front when it's my turn", but checking or unchecking it does not have any influence on this effect.

Patvs
06-20-2011, 08:05 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/82571-1-11-07-pre-release.html

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Run a Windows Update and install ALL updates, update your videocard driver with the latest beta ATI Radeon / Nvidia driver.

fozzy71
06-20-2011, 08:12 PM
See if the keyboard redirect ahk script will help your issues - keyboard redirect - Gambling and Poker Software Forum (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/45/software/keyboard-redirect-874432/#post25523512)

HMU0815
06-23-2011, 07:00 PM
Thanks for your responses. I'm currently pretty busy and will report as soon as I find the time to work through your advices.