PDA

View Full Version : Two HEM, one database?

puax
06-20-2011, 08:34 AM
Hi all,

I play poker at home and at my parent's (three computers total), so I am going to buy a second copy of HEM.

Now I've heard that poker website can somehow see whether the same HEM database is used by multiple computers/accounts and ban those users (I guess to thwart collusion). Poker clients would have to look into HEM's config files. That would be dodgy... but I have a sound distrust of poker websites.

So is that true? I was planning to install PostgreSQL on a server to be able to access my hand history from any computer or account. Can I safely use the same (remote) database for multiple accounts?

Thank you!

Best,

SuperSized
06-20-2011, 09:59 AM
This could help you http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/90/Run+PostgreSQL+Over+a+Network+. It seemed quite efficient when I was sharing a database between my desktop and laptop.

I think as long as you aren't connecting from multiple PCs at the same time, most poker sites shouldn't have an issue. It might be worth contacting support to see what they say though.

Patvs
06-20-2011, 12:49 PM
No pokersite can detect if you're sharing handhistories in HoldemManager.

Nor can they see if multiple computers are sharing the same database, or if two entirely different persons are "sharing".

---

Brian Hastings/Brian Townsent/Cole South were temporarily suspended from Full Tilt (after they won from Isildur1) because they admitted in an interview they were sharing handhistories.