PDA

View Full Version : Moving files from PC 1 to PC 2

simpsonp
04-01-2009, 02:22 PM
Hi all

I am interested in sending my information that I gathered on my home PC whilst datamining on FT. I would like to "copy and paste" the info to my work PC so that when I am playing at work I can see all of the player stats that I can see when I am playing on my home PC.

I have had a look at trying to do this but so far with no success.

Thanks very much for any help guys.

Paul

morny
04-02-2009, 11:27 AM
The easiest way would be copy and paste the archived hands from the archive folder for the dates you want as if you use the export option it will export all the hands

simpsonp
04-02-2009, 03:09 PM
It's not my hand history that I am hoping to move, it's the stats of other players that I am more interested in.

I was thinking about clicking the "export grid as CSV file" option but I didn't want to do that and mess it up so to speak. Should I try this?

I hope you understand what exactly it is that I want to do, please bear with me as I genuinely would like to know how to get my details to my other pc as I have started playing 1k+ hands a day whilst being at work.

Thanks

Paul

morny
04-02-2009, 04:51 PM
But the stats are contained within the HH files, when you import them then it updates the stats or do you mean something else?

david3103
04-03-2009, 05:44 AM
Can I add my query to this please

I too will be playing on two different machines and want to be able to have a 'combined' database of hands.

If I copy all the HH from PC#1 into PC#2 then I understand that will give me utd stats, but how do I maintain a comprehensive set of data whilst playing on different machines?

I'm concerned about the risk of duplicate files making a mess of the stats

morny
04-03-2009, 11:24 AM
You can use this option http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=154 however if you use the export and import option it will result in the time taking longer and longer as the databases grow which is why i suggested only copying the HH from the archived folder however HM will just skip any duplicate files so you wont have to worry about the integrity of the stats