PDA

View Full Version : I can't open holdem manager whilst offline.

Deco
06-19-2011, 06:36 PM
A screen comes up saying there is a problem with my registration/serial code. Once online I can access my database as normal.

How can I use Holdem Manager whilst offline?

Patvs
06-20-2011, 09:14 PM
It should only check the license server once a month.
So if you activate HoldemManager and start the program (when you're connected to the internet) once, it should also open offline afterwards.

If it doesn't (and it keeps checking the license EVERY time your start the program):

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/82571-1-11-07-pre-release.html

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files, even if the firewall is turned off.

Deco
06-20-2011, 10:31 PM
It's working now.
I suspect as I spend a longtime offline I've ran into this monthly check a few times now.

Thanks.

yyjn12
06-30-2011, 10:21 AM
It should only check the license server once a month.
So if you activate HoldemManager and start the program (when you're connected to the internet) once, it should also open offline afterwards.

If it doesn't (and it keeps checking the license EVERY time your start the program):

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/82571-1-11-07-pre-release.html

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files, even if the firewall is turned off.

I had the same problem before, then I reboot and enter BIOS settings , enabled ACHI mode, then it works.
But today, after two month working fine, the problem is back. This is really bad.
Really hope you can resolve this problem completely.

netsrak
06-30-2011, 11:30 AM
Are you using any registry cleaner or registry protection tools? This may cause such problems too.

yyjn12
06-30-2011, 09:28 PM
Are you using any registry cleaner or registry protection tools? This may cause such problems too.

All I have is NOD32 running, I don't think NOD32 is causing this problem. I have send you support a email, with some details. Hopefully we can find a solution