PDA

View Full Version : 10max SNG and DoN in one DB - how can I filter?

BlackPersian
06-18-2011, 11:29 PM
Hey there,

I have 10max DoNs and 10max SNGs in my DB. So, how can I filter to see my results for every game (DoN and SNG) and not mixed, when I just set it from 10 to 10 players?

Thanks!

BlackPersian

Patvs
06-19-2011, 07:31 AM
Both are also the same speed (both turbo or regular speed)

If they're both the same speed, it's currently not possible to filter out one specific game type.

But we will add a new filter soon where you can filter for:Fifty50, DoN, ToN, Shootout, etc..

BlackPersian
06-19-2011, 03:08 PM
Wow. Really? When is "soon"? As HEM User soon is from one day up to one year. And filtering specific games should be a function in very very first alpha version... ;)

Patvs
06-19-2011, 05:14 PM
Soon.... is more like "eventually". You're right it could take months, but it's high on the list of features we want to add.

When it's added it will also require all handhistories to be reimported into a new database again.

BlackPersian
06-20-2011, 09:48 AM
Wow... I mean, its not the first WTF moment here @HEM...but please tell me ONE reason, why filtering specific games isnīt a standard feature in a poker tracking software? Just why why why? Seriously...

Patvs
06-20-2011, 11:37 AM
Fifty50 games didn't exist 6 months ago.

And remember MATRIX SNGs on Full Tilt?
Or the recently released Multi-Entry, Shootout, and Cashout tournaments on Full Tilt?

---

HoldemManager used to only have a buyin filter.
It didn't even need a speed filter (Turbo, Regular Speed, Super Turbo)
Since a regular SNG would have a buyin for $10+1, Turbo $11+1, etc. no two games would have the same buyin amount.

Adding support for each game now, where each game is tagged for an additional characteristic: (DoN, ToN, Fifty50, Multi-Entry, Shootout, Cashout, Knockout, Double Stack, Super Stack, Steps, Rush, Rebuy / Add-on, etc.):
-is a tremendous lot of work, since it's different on each site.
On some sites you can detect the difference from the buyin amount, on others it's clearly stated in the handhistory file, on others you can only detect them based on the name of the table.

PokerStars isn't helpful either, by constantly changing the buyin amounts literally with every software update (they've changed the buyin and rake amount of the Hyper Turbo's and Fifty50s).
So HoldemManager needs a complete redesign to detect them. That's not a feature that can be added by a programmer in a day.

And it would also require a reimport of ALL the games into a new database.