PDA

View Full Version : HUD help

lapinrose
08-05-2008, 10:48 AM
Hello,

The more table, the more the HUD freezes. yes??

At least this is what seem to happen on my notebook playing on stars with TILED tables.
Which resource is strained? ram, cpu?,io,postgresql,video card???
Can some1 tell me so I can try fix that.
Below my specs:

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 8/5/2008, 10:42:01
Machine name:
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.080425-1930)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: TOSHIBA
System Model: Satellite P205D
BIOS: Ver 1.00PARTTBL
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-55 (2 CPUs), ~1.8GHz
Memory: 2430MB RAM
Page File: 1037MB used, 4054MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 10
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 6.00.6001.18000 32bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: ATI Radeon X1200
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI Radeon Graphics Processor (0x791F)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_791F&SUBSYS_FF001179&REV_00
Display Memory: 1085 MB
Dedicated Memory: 127 MB
Shared Memory: 958 MB
Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
Driver Name: atiumdag.dll,atiumdva.dat,atitmmxx.dll
Driver Version: 7.14.0010.0510 (English)
DDI Version: 9Ex
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 7/14/2007 01:41:12, 2884096 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp:

Thank you very much

morny
08-05-2008, 12:32 PM
Are you using multiple panels, turning this off sometimes helps.

To see where the resources are been used open task manager and it will show you the % each process is using up in the Processes TAB. Maybe also to try and rule out things that might be causing the problem start off with as little as possible programs running, even try disabling closing ie,firewall, antivirus, spybot etc and enable them one by one and keep an eye on the performace section (while multitabling)

This might narrow down the problem

lapinrose
08-05-2008, 01:21 PM
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I was hoping for a more specific answer by a programmer. I only run stars + HM, obviously I am not doing a mcfee scan at the same time!

HUD belongs to the programs which can SUCK resources, yes??
so the screen freezes.

WHYY?? is it ram,cpu,video card...??

lapinrose
08-05-2008, 02:37 PM
by the way I have checked that with task manager or process explorer.

because the freezes only last a few seconds (at 8-10 tables, which is not much but still very bothering and anyway I want to 24 tables which is not currently possible b/c the above mentioned problem...), it is hard to record any specific resource shortage.

anyway I dont see any process or resource getting out of control. this is why I am asking.

This is not machine specific and you know it!

Would you plz tell me why the program I purchased freezes my screen????

Mike chops
08-06-2008, 08:28 AM

because the freezes only last a few seconds (at 8-10 tables, which is not much but still very bothering and anyway I want to 24 tables which is not currently possible b/c the above mentioned problem...), it is hard to record any specific resource shortage.

anyway I dont see any process or resource getting out of control. this is why I am asking.

Are you playing one site in particular? If it is stars sngs I could see there might be a delay when the hud tries to mine hands before play starts on a table.

In general though, the reason the program you bought freezes is because the computer you are running it on is laptop! It isn't reasonable to expect to stretch the limits of a program on a laptop. My 2 year old pc will handle 24 tables easily.

Mike chops
08-06-2008, 08:43 AM

Are you playing on Stars? There is a delay in mining the first hand when you open the table.

In general though, the reason the program you purchased freezes the screen is because the computer you are running it on isn't powerful enough. It isn't a good idea to expect a laptop to do a desktop's job. Playing 24 tables is a desktop job.

lapinrose
08-06-2008, 10:14 AM
that was a very trivial answer to say the least.

I dont play sng, and yes it is stars.

laptop or not I gave you my specs, so which one is short. my notebook is 9mo old, so what on earth did u buy 2 years which has such higher specs than mine.

do you TILE 24 tables, or do you STACK??
I TILE.

Mike chops
08-06-2008, 11:34 AM
I have run tests playing 16 tables tiled and another 20 mining.

Everything on laptops is slower - graphics cards, cpus, motherboards, memory and disk drives. The way these interact is complex and I can't say exactly what it is on your machine. You need to get another one. That might strike you as trivial but it is an honest answer.

lapinrose
08-06-2008, 11:38 AM
ok can you post your specs pls??

Rvg72
08-06-2008, 12:48 PM
ok can you post your specs pls??

You should try updating your graphic card drivers - these ones are over a year old and this has helped a lot of people go from extreme LAG to running perfectly.

If you search for you video card you should be able to find the Catalyst drivers or some other recent driver for your card. I believe new drivers were released as recently as July 08

Roy

lapinrose
08-06-2008, 01:38 PM
ok thanks a lot.

scorpblend
08-15-2008, 06:28 AM
You should try updating your graphic card drivers - these ones are over a year old and this has helped a lot of people go from extreme LAG to running perfectly.

If you search for you video card you should be able to find the Catalyst drivers or some other recent driver for your card. I believe new drivers were released as recently as July 08

Roy

I have ATI Radeon 9600 pro. And HUD feeze too. I install latest drivers for, ATI website. And i install 1.06.01u HM patch.

Why HUD freeze? How i can solve this problem?

morny
08-15-2008, 02:23 PM
Turn on "Enable Loggin" in Hud Options > Table Pereferences and then when the hud crashes again please email the txt.log in C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Logs to mlamb1@gmail.com