PDA

View Full Version : Hands taking several minutes to show up in my cash games tab?

ffrllc
03-31-2009, 04:39 PM
I'm running the new 1.08 private beta 3 (omaha) on two computers (Omaha beta is AWESOME by the way). On one of my computers HM has really started to slow down and takes quite a long time before displaying my hands in the cash game tab. Sometimes it won't display them at all, no matter how long I wait.

When I go to the cash game tab I see my overall results, but have to wait several minutes before the hands are listed in the bottom section. Even when just the last 100 hands is selected, it still takes a full minute or two before the actual hands will be displayed. It takes much longer if I want to see the last 500 or "all".

Any idea what is slowing things down and how I can correct things?

Thanks.

PS: Not sure if it's related, but I've also just run into an error while trying to export a session to my hard drive. When I try to "export to my hard drive", I get a small pop up error message that says:

"An error occured. StartIndex cannot be less then zero.
Parameter name: startindex"

morny
03-31-2009, 04:52 PM
Can you try this version and see if its the same http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/Hm1.08Beta.exe

Start Index equal zero is usually when you havent selected something, when selecting a hand make sure you left click to select then right click and choose export

ffrllc
03-31-2009, 05:03 PM
I downloaded that version and still have the same delays.

(surprised to see with the 1.08 beta 22 I still had the Omaha add on in there)

What should I try next?

Thanks.

morny
03-31-2009, 06:46 PM
Ok that was just to rule out whether it was the new version that was causing the problem please try the following http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=162

ffrllc
04-02-2009, 03:13 PM
I perfomred #5,6 and 9 and HM is still running brutally slow retreiving hands.

I'm not sure if it's related, but I did perfom a purge about a week or two on this computer. Not sure of the exact timing, but it was also around then HM started slowing to a crawl.

What else can I do to get things back to normal?

morny
04-02-2009, 04:43 PM
Can you try this: http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showpost.php?p=27023&postcount=2 and also can you try all the other options in the lagging link i gave

If all that fails can you try creating a new database and import hands to test http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146

ffrllc
04-02-2009, 06:20 PM
Removing WinnerName, winningCards, WinnerWon sped things up dramiatically. After those were removed the hands load almost instantly.

But, I'd like to have them in there if possible. Does the fact things load almost instantly without them help narrow down what the problem might be and what I can do to fix things so they work with those still included?

In regards to the step you suggested for lagging issues:
1.) This is a pretty new computer so the drivers should all be up to date
2.), 3.), 4.) done. no help (no issues with the HUD so didn't expect these steps to help)
5.) Done. no help (I defrag my drive regularly)
6.) Done. no help. (I even did the pgadmin analzye and vacuum full)
7.) Not sure what this is. I'm running Vista and can't find this setting following the steps listed.
8.) Already set to max performance
9.) Everything was already listed as approved in both Windows Firewall and Windows Defender

morny
04-02-2009, 06:22 PM
Right now youll need to work without them if your getting Lag, Roy needs to rework some things so we can add them back in with a later beta

ffrllc
04-03-2009, 02:13 PM
Really? This seems strange as I have HM on two computers (a laptop and a desktop) and...

* The desktop has more processing power, hard drive space, memory, etc...
* The latop is also running a larger HM/postgreSQL database then the one on the desktop
* HM is running perfectly on my laptop
* The desktop is the one that has slowed to a crawl.

It seems from my novice opinion, if the laptop can run a larger DB fine, shouldn't the desktop be able to run HM just as fast, if not faster?

The desktop also was running things just fine until recently when it went from working at normal speed to running a snails pace.

So, even with this information about the situation, there is really still nothing left to try in order to get things back the way they were just a short while ago when HM was running at a normal pace?

morny
04-04-2009, 08:29 AM
Mine works fine too with those added, well with a little performance dip so it dosent seem to happen with everyone but it looks pretty obvious thats whats causing your issue, other people have reported the same thing that it slows to a crawl, im not sure of the technical issues that cause it to effect some PCs and not others but its already on Roys to do list as he found the bug himself and passed the info onto us in case anyone had the issues