PDA

View Full Version : Can't even start the Software

gzaal
08-05-2008, 10:25 AM
Hi,
I just wanted to test the Trial Version of the Software, since I am thinking about swichting from PT/PA.

Unfortunately I can't even start the Software when trying to connect to PostgresSQL (which I reinstalled because I thought that might be the Problem).

Error Message says something like "Connection Error, no Data could be read, an existing Connection hast been closed by Remotehost" (it's a german version so I am not sure about the correct translation).

Any Ideas? Really frustrating so far and I think I will stick with PT/PA

George

morny
08-05-2008, 10:31 AM
If your using Vista can you do the following:
http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=73

Also make sure that both holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are running as administrator if you’re using Vista. To do this close down Holdem Manager and the HUD and right click each .exe file and go to properties and look on the second tab to run as administrator. You’ll find the 2 .exe files at the following path: C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager.

Then can you do this:
http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=34

This is usually a problem assosiated with the firewall or antivirus so try disabling them to rule them out.

gzaal
08-05-2008, 11:48 AM
At least the Error changed to: role "postgres" does not exist

fabio
08-05-2008, 12:43 PM
Can it be possible that your PostgreSQL username isnt postgres?

gzaal
08-05-2008, 01:37 PM
Can it be possible that your PostgreSQL username isnt postgres?

No, since it is installed with that default Acct Name and I didn't change it. Even re-installed PostgreSQL 8.3 - now for the 4th time. Still nothing.

gzaal
08-05-2008, 02:20 PM
Got it: I previously installed PokerStrategy Elephant software which created a different default user. So even when re-installing PostgreSQL and having "postgres" there as a defaultuser it wouldn't work - despite showing me postgres as user - but trying to login with my default windows login name (that wouldn't work as well and changing the user name in PostgreSQL wouldn't work either).

So I deinstalled PostgreSQL, Elephant AND all program Folders, reinstalled it and now it works.

PeteH
08-21-2008, 12:40 PM
If your using Vista can you do the following:
http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=73

Also make sure that both holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are running as administrator if you’re using Vista. To do this close down Holdem Manager and the HUD and right click each .exe file and go to properties and look on the second tab to run as administrator. You’ll find the 2 .exe files at the following path: C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager.
[/url]

I'm using Vista. UAC is turned off, but can't set the exe's to run as administrator.

I can run both as administrator manually by right clicking the files but when I go to properties the Run as administrator checkbox is grey and can't select it.

Any help for this problem?

morny
08-21-2008, 12:45 PM
If its greyed out it means your already running as administrator

PeteH
08-22-2008, 05:02 AM
Thanks for pointing out my stupidity.