PDA

View Full Version : Stars tables: black background unplayeable

TyCuS
07-10-2008, 08:19 PM
Hi, 2 days ago I could play well when I was testing the hud in NL2 table :D but today I starts multitabling and when tables appears then everything dissappear. Then I stop auto importing o stop the hud (I dont remember) and black dissapears and I could play (but w/o hud :mad:)

Screenshot here:

http://img34.picoodle.com/img/img34/4/7/10/f_07110801590m_6aa6437.png

I have the latest version and running AHK scripts:
StarsPlanner
StarsAssistant
StarsReload
BetPot
Another mine that resize windows and move tables to play in stack mode

My "config" folder is attached: 3

morny
07-10-2008, 08:39 PM
Roy solved a problem yesterday where 2 ahk scripts caused the stars tables to disappear intermittingly so the 1st thing id suggest is to disable all your AHK scripts. Then add 1 at a time until you see which one is causing it.

Im nearly sure Stars Planner was the one that caused the problem for the other guy

TyCuS
07-11-2008, 01:12 PM
Still happens. Some hours ago appears in the replayer but after closing it very times and trying again then worked well again.

But now I opened 8 tables with only StarsAssistant running and the black background appears again. Then I quit the script but the problem still there. After few minutes disappear and was fine. What can I do? Maybe re-installing and doing a backup of my config folder?

Here you can download a video that I've done right now when it appears in the replayer. The main problem is when Im playing because the problem sometimes disappear and sometimes not.

Link (3mb .avi): http://www.megaupload.com/es/?d=PRHOIGZ3

Mike chops
07-11-2008, 02:05 PM
I tried your config file here and couldn't reporduce the problem. Could you try lowering the opacity on the table prefs? ...just curious if that allows you to see the table underneath.

It is pretty strange and I dont know what to suggest. What graphics card and driver do you have? Is the driver up todate. What graphics mode are you running in. 32 bit full color is best.

TyCuS
07-11-2008, 02:13 PM
DualCore Intel Core 2 E8200, 2666 MHz (8 x 333)
NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT (512 MB)
Drivers: 175.19_geforce_winxp_32bit_international_whql.exe (link here (http://www.nvidia.es/object/winxp_175.19_whql_es.html))
Is a new pc, I bought like 1 week ago

Running at 32bits. Win XP Pro SP2

Here the video while playing: (low quality, 4mb) http://www.megaupload.com/es/?d=9XY0NZXJ

The other times I played the black background follows toward I moved the table, here I move the table and black disappears like in the previous video.

Im gonna try now with less opacity.

Thanks for helping

TyCuS
07-11-2008, 02:24 PM
I decrease the opacity 2 clicks and I remove the "force on top" and stills equal, I cant click the buttons

http://img34.picoodle.com/img/img34/4/7/11/f_lessopacitym_a5be34b.png

TyCuS
07-11-2008, 07:37 PM
I reinstalled HM and I tested with the default config folder and everything worked nice. Then I put again my backup config and the problem appeared again, then I restore the default config and I put the same stats (now im gonna put the same stats ranges and colours) and works nice so problem is "solved".

If problem appears again Ill be back :P, in 1st post is the config if you want to study them for possible future bugs or with other people.

Thanks for helping :)

morny
07-11-2008, 07:51 PM
Glad its solved, if you happen to have the old config file and the new one it would be good if you could email them so i can compare the 2 and see if there was a setting that dosent correspond that might be the cause in case someone else has the problem. You can email to paul.morny at gmail dot com if you want

Mike chops
07-11-2008, 09:43 PM
Yeah it doesn't sound as if we found why you had the problems. If you adjust the prefs.xml again and get the same problem, it would be good for us to know exactly what change caused the problem. I tried your config folder you sent and had no problem with it.

Maybe you could go back and remake the changes one step at a time and keep saving the preferences until there is a problem and then tell us what change caused the crash.

leipos
07-15-2008, 08:32 PM
i have the same bug with ipoker. when the stas get there and the table turn black, just go to hud --> player pref --> and hit ok. then it works for me. ( obv i have to do it with every table i open)

smf
07-16-2008, 07:57 AM
I had this bug on stars today, so I tried restarting the hud, didn't work, tried restarting HM, didn't work... then got so frustrated that I just moved one of the tables to the side (completely removing it from the area it was before) and the black overlay disappeared. After that I could move it back to the area it was before and the overlay didn't reappear.

Hopefully this will help in finding whats causing it.

Mike chops
07-16-2008, 10:40 AM
Does it work if you check and uncheck the table in the table manager? Saving the prefs again forces a redraw and I was wondering if check/uncheck did the same.

smf
07-17-2008, 03:22 AM
Unchecking it had the same result as restarting the entire HUD... the overlay came back as soon as restart the HUD / reenable the table.

Edit: every now and then it happens with the replayer as well.

skinnybill
07-17-2008, 10:57 PM
I have a similar bug. I was playing 8 tables of stars with hands importing via autoimport and the HUD running. Whenever stats would first show up on a table, it would be blacked out. The blacked out area would extend past the table borders. Buttons were unclickable. However, minimizing and then unminimizing the table would fix it as would changing the size.

smf
07-19-2008, 04:21 PM
meh is there a new beta version of the hud that we can test yet? this bug cost me a ton of money just now :/ was using 2 AHK scripts (stars assistant and stars planner) and the hud crashed and when I restarted it, the overlay bug came on all my 12 tables at the same time and the scripts went berserk and I couldn't regain control of my tables without restarting the PC (not even the panic switch from stars planner CTRL+ALT +F12 worked). anyways, timed out on 12 tables, gg monies

gimme some good news mike!

edit: stars assistant v 0.88, stars planner 0.4g

Mike chops
07-20-2008, 05:20 PM
Sorry to hear about the problems. I did find a bug related to disabling the hero stats. I disabled enough of them to empty a panel and it caused problems. Well that one is fixed now in the posted build...

smf
07-20-2008, 07:15 PM
thx for the update, gonna test drive that baby first thing tomorrow ;)

JoINrbs
07-20-2008, 08:16 PM
I'm getting a similar problem. Here's how it looks:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a316/JoINrbs/hudproblem.jpg

The HUD was working fine for me on the 1.05 trial that I was using, but I just upgraded and now it's not at all. I looked in the FAQ and found the suggestion to force on top, and that worked (the windows seem to be fine when they are the active window too, but as soon as they aren't they freak out), but I stack tables on top of each other and force on top displays the HUDs from windows underneath the one that's active, so that doesn't work either.

I'm using StarsHotkeys, but turning it off didn't solve the problem. Tried reinstalling and just using the default HUD configuration and that didn't work either. Running XP with 32-bit color.

Switching to 16-bit seems to fix the problem (so far so good), so that's my temporary fix. Hope this helped.