PDA

View Full Version : HM wont start

tridee
08-05-2008, 10:14 AM
Ive got the 15 trial of HM, 11 days remaining and when I try to start HM after the Trial screen I get the folllowing error:
************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: Font 'Segoe UI' does not support style 'Bold'.
at System.Drawing.Font.CreateNativeFont()
at System.Drawing.Font.Initialize(FontFamily family, Single emSize, FontStyle style, GraphicsUnit unit, Byte gdiCharSet, Boolean gdiVerticalFont)
at System.Drawing.Font..ctor(Font prototype, FontStyle newStyle)
at DevComponents.DotNetBar.TabStrip.OnParentChanged(E ventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.AssignParent(Control value)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlCollection.Add (Control value)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlCollection.Add Range(Control[] controls)
at DevComponents.DotNetBar.TabControl.֮()
at DevComponents.DotNetBar.TabControl..ctor()
at HoldemManager.ଚ.Ֆ()
at HoldemManager.ଚ..ctor(ଧ LoadingForm)
at HoldemManager.ଧ.Ꮏ(Object ՘, EventArgs ՙ)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndPr oc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

With as title Microsoft .NET framework.

Anyone with the same problem/who knows the solution?

tridee
08-05-2008, 10:29 AM
Oh btw my .NET is up to date (3.5) and @ Add or Remove Programs I see Microsoft .net 2.0 service pack 1, 3.0 service pack 1 and microsoft .net 3.5

morny
08-05-2008, 10:41 AM
Try uninstalling and reinstalling .NET 2.0 by following these instructions: http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=14

If youve Vista use the repair option here http://www.ajuaonline.com/2008/01/24/how-to-repair-the-net-framework-20-and-30-on-windows-vista/

Then if your still having problems backup your settings: http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=28 and uninstall and reinstall Holdem Manager www.holdemmanager.net

tridee
08-05-2008, 11:51 AM
Ive uninstalled all .net framework and then started with 2.0, Still same error. reinstalled Hm, same error, updated .net framework , same error....
I dont know what to do. when I press Continue the Initializing Database Screen just stays, nothing happens.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/2598/holdemcm3.jpg for picture

morny
08-05-2008, 12:21 PM
Since its not .net framework or holdem amanager files then the error seems to suggest it dosent like the font Segoe UI which is what VISTA uses as default, so to change it please do the following to see if that is indeed the problem:

1) First right click on desktop it displays a window that in the bottom part says "personalize", click this.
2) Displays another window in the control panel that says "personalize appearance and sounds", the first option is "window color and appearance" please choose that
3) there ara a pellete to costomize the colors of the theme, but in the bottom there is a text that says "Open classic appearance for more color options" open this and a new window appears.
4) Switch to the color scheme "Windows Classic" and apply and ok

You should then reboot and try holdem manager. Let me know if it works and then i can show you how to use the vista color scheme but change the fonts

tridee
08-05-2008, 12:41 PM
OH sorry forgot to mention that I have XP but a Vista look on my pc, When I do a right click on desktop and then go to properties -> Appearance it says that im using Vista look but have Tahoma fontsize(I can choose from Tahoma, Segoe UI and Calibri)

Rvg72
08-06-2008, 01:23 AM
If you change the default font there to Calibri or Segui does the same thing still happen? Can you also try running dbcontrolpanel.exe and tell me if the problem happens there

Roy

tridee
08-06-2008, 09:55 AM
yes the same thing happens with other fonts, however Dbcontrolpanel.exe does work and I can choose/make database but when I launch HM the same error still appears.

Rvg72
08-06-2008, 12:43 PM
Hi, sorry but I don't think I'm going to be able to have a solution for you within 11 days... Can you disable the Vista look and see if it works?

tridee
08-06-2008, 04:41 PM
no problem, I will have a look at it tomorrow