PDA

View Full Version : Several issues after restoring my DB in a Virtual Machine

Mahlzahn
06-17-2011, 06:47 PM
Hi,

I just set up my HM in a virtual machine (VM) using VirtualBox and Windows XP SP3. Before that i made a backup of my DB that i used on Win7 and then restored the DB in my VM. Since then HM is extremely slow and it takes ages to load graphs, reports or sessions.

Furthermore i don't see any hands in the hands tab as well as in the reports and sessions section. However, importing hands, my HUD and everything else still works fine.

I have a pretty good PC with a quadcore and 3GB DDR3 Ram so speed shouldn't be an issue. The VM can use 2 of the cores and 1024MB Ram.

Does anyone have an idea what the problem might be? and what can i do to solve it?

Thanks in advance for help.

Patvs
06-18-2011, 07:57 AM
Not seeing hands: set the date formatting of your computer to M/d/yyyy (and not to European default d/M/yyyy) And reboot.

Performance issues: most likely a program is monitoring (or partially blocking the postgresql connection causing lag)

You must set \holdem manager\holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe, postgres.exe, port: 5432, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

If you use Comodo/Norton/Kaspersky, uninstall it completely.

Mahlzahn
06-18-2011, 09:56 AM
Ok, i fixed the performance issues using your tips and the HM performance increase thread: everything running quite quick and smooth now. Thanks!

However, i changed the date to English (US) but still don't see any hands in any of the tabs for all my Heroaccounts. Furthermore, i don't see any graphs (just empty and white) or reports (Sessions and Preflopcards works fine) for my Entractionprofile (the only one i used to play in the VM so far, all other data comes from my restored DB)

And btw. how do i set a programm to "Run as admin" in XP. Didnt find the option in the properties tab. I am using an admin user account anyway. So that shouldnt be an issue, right?

And last but not least: i just realized in PgAdmin that i have two databases. HoldemManager and HoldemManagerDeskotp. But i just restored the last one, giving it a new name when restoring. Could this have any negative effects? Can i delete the HoldemmanagerDB because i am using the other one?

Thanks again for your help. I am using 1.11.06g btw.

Patvs
06-18-2011, 10:36 AM
Clear filters in HoldemManager (even though it appears no filters are selected)

If you're using XP you don't have to worry about the "run as admin" (unlike Windows Vista, Windows 7, where even if you have an admin account, you still need to require other actions to give a program full administrator privileges)

Update to http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/82571-1-11-07-pre-release.html

Instead of using the old database, can you create a new database after you've updated to 1.11.07. Reimport a couple of hands from your archive folder. Then check if you can see the hands in reports/sessions.

Mahlzahn
06-18-2011, 11:44 AM
Ok, update and new database worked. Thanks :)

One last question though. Entraction runs in € and the sessions tab correctly shows my winnings in € from yesterday. The reports tab however shows the same winning amount for the same number of hands but in $..any way to fix this?

Edit: i just adde Net€won in the reports tab and that is correct but the EV is still in $ and wrong. And i can't find an EV in €...

Patvs
06-18-2011, 12:36 PM
In the reports tab:
Add Net EUR WON, Rake in EUR.

We don't have a All-in EV Adjusted in EUR.

The problem is the core program of HoldemManager is dollar-centred.
We have a "currency conversion" but it only works for the sessions tab.

Mahlzahn
06-18-2011, 12:59 PM
Ok, thanks a lot. Maybe i find someone who can write that stat. Otherwise i would suggest that as a possible feature in upcoming releases. Would be ace. Anyway, thanks for that great and quiock support :) Very much appreciated!