PDA

View Full Version : Importing hands: Not getting all hands imported while playing on FT

fasteddie_21
03-30-2009, 10:29 PM
Morny,
I searched around and it seems as though I'm not the only one having this problem. I'm using 1.08 Beta 21 and I played a session today and of the 1092 hands I played, only 754 hands are showing up as imported.

I will email you the hand files from today and see if you can see something that is wrong.

I should note that I double checked that I cleared all filters etc etc.

2 more quick questions, one somewhat related:

1) I have HEM archiving the hands into a separate folder...when it does that, do you need the hands from in there or the ones still in my hand history folder in FT?

2) When using the manual/FAQ, whenever I search for something and it says that there are more pages of answers found, it will not allow me to go to the next page or any other subsequent pages.

This is in both Firefox and IE. Here is the error code that I'm getting regarding this:

Line: 109
Char: 5
Error: 'document.document' is null or not an object

Hope that helps and hope you can help me!

fasteddie_21
03-30-2009, 10:43 PM
It gets more and more interesting:

I just sat at a 1c/2c game and shoved the first hand and lost $2. Now, HEM imported a hand from that table, but it said that I lost $0.01, not $2.00. But my HUD shows that I lost $2.

HALP!

fasteddie_21
03-30-2009, 10:50 PM
Also, I went ahead and installed Beta 22 and reimported all the hands and it still isn't counting them correctly. Please find something, Morny:o:D

fasteddie_21
03-31-2009, 03:04 PM
Anything, Morny?

morny
03-31-2009, 03:19 PM
Can you create a new database http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146 and reimport the hands and see if they show up and if not email me the hh to morny@holdemmanager.net

HM moves the hands from the FTP folder to your archive folder and they stay there

Looks like a problem with your PDF reader, can you download and install the latest version

fasteddie_21
03-31-2009, 03:49 PM
Morny,
Making the new DB and importing the hands from yesterday worked in full.

So that brings me to 2 new questions:

1) Why didn't it work w/ the old db?

2) I guess I have to go thru the old db, export all my hands and import them into this db then?

Thanks as always.

morny
03-31-2009, 03:52 PM
1) Your database has become corrupt

2) Yes youll need to export from the old database and reimport into the new one

fasteddie_21
03-31-2009, 04:47 PM
In the process now, thanks.

So is this something I should be on the look out for in the future? Anything that I can do to help ensure that this one doesn't become corrupt?

You're the best, Morny. I really appreciate the quick responses and feedback. Thank you!

morny
03-31-2009, 04:50 PM
The 2 most common causes of this problems are 1) powering off your computer or having your computer lose power while the database is doing something and 2) an old drive with bad sectors on it. Basically what happens is a small portion of a file gets slightly corrupt and then when you reboot and windows goes into that checkdsk procedure it finds the bad section and, thinking it is doing a good thing, removes it. Postgres then loads the table and a portion of it is gone so it doesn’t like that and blocks access to the entire table. Normally when this happens it is on a completely useless file that you'll never even notice is now gone and quite often it will happen to an index in the DB which can easily be rebuilt but in your case it happened to a system table.

So, to protect against this

1) keep you hands histories in case you do need to reimport
2) use a power bar and avoid hard shutdowns (when you flick the power switch on the pc)
3) if your drive is old consider replacing it with a new one. They are cheap and much faster now than even a few years ago.