PDA

View Full Version : Very slow import speeds (New Computer)

PatInTheHat
03-30-2009, 04:36 PM
Got a brand new poker computer but my import speeds are incredibly slow.

I imported over 10 million hands at around 200 H/sec from a folder but now i'm doing an auto import of OnGame hands and getting around 5-6h/sec.

Any ideas?

PatInTheHat
03-30-2009, 05:02 PM
I should add the current problem is importing OnGame hands. I have HM install on my C:/ drive and i have all my Hand History files point to my E:/drive. (I am unsure at this time if other auto imports from sites will be normal or not)

I have a Hand History folder and then sub folders for Ipoker/Party/Tilt/Stars/Ongame. I targeted the auto imports for each site specificly. So for tilt it is E:/Hand History/FullTilt Hand History. I also changed the processed file to my E:/ drive and called it Holdem Manager Hand History.

I have tried unticking the subfolders for Ongame (even though there are none at this time)

EDIT: On Vista. UAC is disabled.

PatInTheHat
03-30-2009, 05:19 PM
Appears to be an OnGame specific problem. Party imports at almost 100/s. I'll test some others as I go.

EDIT: I should also add I am importing .txt files that were mined using IdleMiner's Hand Grabber. They are not being imported via the database stuff.

EDIT2: Ipoker hands at almost 200/s

EDIT3: I decided to test the import speed on my old computer and it too is having problems importing .txt files from OnGame. I was getting around 5h/s also.

morny
03-31-2009, 04:32 PM
Can you email me as many hands as possible to morny@holdemmanager.net, you can use www.yousendit.com if you want

PatInTheHat
03-31-2009, 06:42 PM
Talked to Roy and he figured it out. Using import from folder I get normal import speeds. Auto-Import checks the server for showdown hands while import from folder does not, this caused the auto-import to import large sizes of hands slowly.

stickupkid
12-20-2009, 09:09 PM
Im also having VERY slow import speed on ongame hands.

I use a ramdisk and the IdleMiner Handgrabber to get the hand histories (not the normal ones that the client writes) so that I get observed hands too, but when I autoimport its at like 7hands/sec.

netsrak
12-21-2009, 06:20 AM
Which type of computer?
How many hands do you have in your database?

Is it the same with all hands or only with this grabbed hands?

stickupkid
12-21-2009, 02:33 PM
well I just came back from a poker break and use the handgrabber.. ill check out what happens if I import folder instead of autoimport.

pc is core2duo 2ghz laptop 2gb ram etc.. so not too old