PDA

View Full Version : Inconsistent statistics

Pistol day
06-16-2011, 05:39 PM
How come when I hover over a players name in the HUD it shows me he has won for example 27000 dollars but when I look at his graph and stats they show he has lost money? I do see however that the amount of unfinished tournaments against him is very high (about half of the amount I've played against him) but shouldn't both statistics show the same? I mean either that he's won or lost money in both the HUD statistics and the main window. Are they getting their stats from different places?

Any help appreciated.

Patvs
06-16-2011, 07:53 PM
In the HUD it will only show how many chips he's won/lost.

So although it states "27000 dollars", they are in fact chips.

If you select this player as the hero to see his graph, this will be a graph in dollars.... but this graph will be extremely biased, since it will be mostly games where you don't even know where this player finished. (unless you have summaries for all the tournaments)

Pistol day
06-17-2011, 01:31 AM
So actually what you are telling me is that neither are very good representations of the players' actual winnings. So I guess a website like sharkscope.com is the only dependable source for this (unless I have the summaries of course). Is this correct?

Chrz.

Patvs
06-17-2011, 08:33 AM
Yes.