PDA

View Full Version : My options with corrupted database

pellshek
06-16-2011, 09:58 AM
Hi,

I did a search but couldn't find an answer to my problems. Apologies if it's been dealt with elsewhere.

It appears my DB is corrupted. HEM on the surface appears to working ok - HUD working, importing seems to work, stats appear in the various Tabs etc. Problem is, not all hands are being imported, and as a result the stats in the various Tabs (Reports, Graph etc) do not match with each other, and don't match up with my actual results. I have come to the conclusion that my DB is corrupted. This problem started spontaneously by the way - it just happened one day out of nowhere.

I did a Reindex, which I believe is the standard procedure in this situation, but the errors continued.

Is there anything else I can try? Because at this stage I'm at the point of just dumping the entire DB and starting again. I have 1m+ hands so this is really a last option so I hope there's something else I can try.

Thanks.

Patvs
06-16-2011, 10:00 AM
Just create a new database and reimport your hands.

In the old database, make sure you export your: NOTES, bonus/rakeback info.

pellshek
06-16-2011, 10:04 AM
Wow Pat, that was quick!...Thanks, I'll give creating a new DB a try.

On the notes, presumably it's just Export to default location/then reimport at the other end into the new DB?

Patvs
06-16-2011, 10:07 AM
Actually.. you can't import notes... if the players don't exist yet in the database.

So you'll first have to import the handhistories.... and then the notes at the end. (the same goes for bonus/rakeback info)

Database corruption is very common. 1 million hands actually isn't that much. So it should only take a couple of hours to reimport.

When you're finished with the import. Create a proper backup in pgadminIII, read: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/72/Backup%26RestoreDatabase

It will be 20x faster to RESTORE a .backup file... than it is to reimport the hands.

pellshek
06-16-2011, 10:33 AM
Thanks Pat...did the reimport into the new DB and everything looks to match up, including notes. Great stuff.

Just a shame that the External Drive I keep my archive folder in died a month ago the day after I archived about 6 months of hands! D'Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again.

Patvs
06-16-2011, 01:47 PM
On which site did you play these hands?
If on Party, Full Tilt or PokerStars, email their support and request the handhistories for every hand you've ever played.

pellshek
06-18-2011, 07:45 AM
Unfortunately it was William Hill and they've told me they can only go back a couple of months, and for a €10 fee!

Anyway, thanks for your help Pat. Hopefully this thread helps others in future.