PDA

View Full Version : HUD don't work on Boss Media's Full Ring 10-max

Newil
06-15-2011, 10:56 PM
Hi,
I usually play at 5-max and 6-max cash tables on Poker Heaven from Boss Media and there's no problem.
But i tried to play at some 10-max cash tables and hud doesn't show!

2 weeks ago i remember playing a tournament on 10-max table and the HUD was showed (nevertheless, i remember that some hands were not imported!!)

I confirmed, the configuration that i'm using is configured to be used at heads-up, 6-max and fullring tables on boss media.

What's the problem?

Patvs
06-16-2011, 08:25 AM
Update to http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/82571-1-11-07-pre-release.html

Right-click on the 10max table in TableManager and manually select a HUD configuration.

And try to use the TableFinder: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/60/ConfiguringTableFinderToShowHUD

Also check your 10max Boss seating preferences: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/34/PreferredSeating

Newil
06-16-2011, 12:04 PM
I tried those things too. It doesn't work.

Patvs
06-16-2011, 01:51 PM
Re-read: http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/422/Setup+Preferred+Seating+for+Boss+Poker

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Turn off Windows User Account Control: How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life (http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/12/30/how-to-disable-and-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7/)

Newil
06-16-2011, 02:12 PM
Nice.
It worked. Althought I'm using windows xp media center, I added an exception on kaspersky's firewall to that files and it looks like it worked.

Thanks!

Newil
07-10-2011, 11:57 PM
Hi
i have some news.
It looks like HM has some problems with boss. Althought the hud always shows up, it's always happening the same thing: some hands are not imported or not recognized to HM.
So i can't trust or rely on my HM graphs because due to that missing hands the data or the results aren't the correct ones and that's annoying.

Why is this happening? Any sugestions?

netsrak
07-11-2011, 03:47 AM
We are already investigating this but to help us you can mail us some hands which don't import: Please zip and mail the original handhistory files (you find them in the HM archive folder or in the handhistory folder of your poker client) together with a link to this thread and an explanation of the problem to support@holdemmanager.net. We will then try to reproduce the problem.

Newil
07-11-2011, 11:18 AM
how do i do that?
the files in hm archive from boss media are strange files. When i open it i can't see any hands. And the fact is that there are missing hands when i opened HM and review the data.

Patvs
07-11-2011, 06:09 PM
Open the Boss .xml files with Internet Explorer.

Import a file into a new empty database. If the file doesn't import, or results in import errrors, email us the file.

Newil
07-11-2011, 11:56 PM
so i created a new database, what i had never done.
i copied the files from today's session that were in 'HM archive' paste, to other paste. Then I selected the HM, with a new database created, to import from that other paste the files that i copied. (I was affraid that the original files in HM archive could disapear)* It imported all the files except one, and found 1 error. The xml file is named 'BitmapCache'.
Then i confirmed how many hands i had from today from boss in the new database: 121 hands.
Then I changed to the old database and verified that it only had 106 hands from today.
Do i have to create a new database?
Do i have to send you the file that the new database didn't import?
What do you want me to do?

*(one question: With a new database it doesn't detect the files in my 'HM archive' paste. So when i import something new where do the files go? To the same 'HM archive' paste?)

netsrak
07-12-2011, 04:02 AM
You should use the new database.

To import all your hands: Use the "import from folder" and select the archive folder. This should import all your hands to the new database.

Only the auto-import moves files to the archive after the import (15 minutes after last access). If you use other import functions you need to move the files manually.

I don't think we need the hands for further analyzing as its working as expected with the new database.

Newil
07-16-2011, 12:54 AM
Hi.

I created other database and imported all the hands i had. Unfortunately the problem remains.
But when i return to the 'test database' that i created and import the hands from the session i've just ended, it imported always more hands.
So, i created a new database and imported only the hands from the last 2/3 months. Today i tested it. In the end of the session i had, according to this database, 1125 hands. Then i changed to the 'test database' and imported just the hands from today and it indicates i played 1139 hands! So, the other database couldn't import 14 hands...

Why one database isn't importing all hands in real time and the other is importing all the hands in the end of the same session?

Newil
07-16-2011, 12:56 AM
(Just one more thing: Is it possible to receive an e-mail alerting when a new HM version is released?)

netsrak
07-16-2011, 05:26 AM
HM2 will have an automatic Update check

Newil
07-16-2011, 09:52 AM
What about the 'import hands' problem?

Sarek
07-16-2011, 11:36 AM
One of possible causes is DB corruption. Try to do reindex and vacuum for this DB via PGadmin.

Newil
07-16-2011, 02:05 PM
How do i do that?

Sarek
07-16-2011, 02:45 PM
http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/88/Vacuum+Analyze+Database+
but do reindex - force first

Newil
07-18-2011, 07:04 PM
At 'reindex options', there's only the option 'recreate. There's in no 'force' option. Is that normal?

Patvs
07-18-2011, 07:22 PM
That's normal. Just run a regular reindex in pgadminIII.

Export all your hands: Options--> Database Management--> Connect--> EXPORT (since this database has more hands)

Then reimport the hands into the new database.
Did any hands result in import errors?

Newil
07-18-2011, 08:14 PM
ok. I'm doing that right now.
But, as far as i understood, that way (exporting from the old database and then import to the new) the missing hands in the old database will not still missing? Isn't it better to import from HM archive folder where all the files (even the ones that the old database do not recognize) are?

netsrak
07-19-2011, 04:12 AM
Yep, if you have the archive its much easier to import from there. But you can do both as duplicate hands are skipped during the import.

Newil
07-19-2011, 03:48 PM
So, i created a new database and import files from HM archive folder. I only imported the files from this month. It imported 3 errors! And i can tell you it recognize at least more 15 hands than the old database recognized.

Patvs
07-19-2011, 05:12 PM
You can go to HoldemManager/Importing/Logs folder to see which hands imported as errors.

Newil
07-19-2011, 10:57 PM
Hmm...ok.
I've already imported all the hands i played this year. HM imported 96 errors. Is that normal?
Do you want me to send you the files on the HM/importing/logs folder? The most part are errors from Boss. But there are also Ipoker errors. And some are incompleted hands.

netsrak
07-20-2011, 04:29 AM
Please send us the errors and the original files.
Zip the data and mail them with link to this thread and explanation to support@holdemmanager.com

Newil
07-20-2011, 09:54 AM
How do i send you the original files? Where is it? How do i know what original files correspond to the error files on HM/importing/logs folder?

Patvs
07-20-2011, 12:20 PM
The original handhistories are in the C:/HMArchive folder.

But start by just sending us the files from the HM/importing/logs folder.

Newil
07-20-2011, 01:58 PM
ok, i sent the email with the errors. What will happen now?

Patvs
07-20-2011, 02:21 PM
We'll take a look at the hands why they resulted in import errors.

Newil
01-09-2012, 11:29 PM
Hi again!
Any news about this problem? I started playing this month on Boss and the problem remains... Few hands aren't imported.

Patvs
01-09-2012, 11:41 PM
Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

set the date formatting of your computer to M/d/yyyy (and not to European default d/M/yyyy) with regional settings English (United States)

PM me your email address, so I can check what happened with the handhistories you sent us.

Patvs
01-10-2012, 12:28 AM
Bugticket is 2071 (write down this number somewhere, so you can ask next time what the status is on bug #2071)

As of now it's still an open bug on the to-fix list of one of the programmers.

Newil
01-11-2012, 08:28 AM
Can you tell me when will it be fixed? I related the problem some time ago...

netsrak
01-11-2012, 08:47 AM
I'm sorry but we have no ETA for this fix.