PDA

View Full Version : Installation issues/Windows 7

pzzzychic
06-15-2011, 01:52 PM
So I'm trying to install HM on my new computer. The problem seems to be with the postgresql. When I run the combo installer (Windows firewall turned off) I get the following error message (in details):

running PsqlTestClient
try userid: postgres
try pass: postgrespass
try pass: postgrespass
Connection to database failed: -->could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061)
Is the server running on host "127.0.0.1" and accepting
TCP/IP connections on port 5432?
<--error
testclient return status: 1
testclient return from file: 1
==================== finished PsqlTestClien

I also tried the postgresql installer from their website. Then I get an error message about 'cluster failed to initialize' or something like that.

Can you please tell me what to do or direct me to the appropriate link. I would prefer easy instructions.

Thx!

Patvs
06-15-2011, 02:48 PM
Make sure your secondary logon is running:
The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.

Then try to reinstall again with the 8.4.8 installer from PostgreSQL: The world's most advanced open source database (http://www.postgresql.org) (or 9.0.4... just don't use 9.1 beta)

pzzzychic
06-15-2011, 05:34 PM
The secondary logon was actually running. I tried install the 8.4.1 again but got the same error message as before. It says:

Warning. Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly. The database cluster initialisation failed

After that the installation completes. What next? Is it possible that HM will work even though the installation was not completed correctly?

Patvs
06-15-2011, 06:51 PM
Try this installer:
http://wwwmaster.postgresql.org/download/mirrors-ftp/binary/v8.2.21/win32/postgresql-8.2.21-1.zip

8.2.x should always run. Install it to a different port, like 5433.