PDA

View Full Version : Massively helpful folded-hand-equity display (esp for PLO)

domino66
06-14-2011, 02:45 PM
Often times I'll fold my hand in a PLO game, but STILL want to know what sort of street-by-street equity it had against other hands that DID make it to showdown.

HEM does not currently allow this. For example, let's say there's that Hero, Player X, and Player Y make it to the turn, but Hero folds and only the other 2 go to showdown. After the hand, HEM's hand-history popout window will show street-by-street equities that look something like:

Player X: (Preflop 30%, Flop 45%, Turn 15%)
Player Y: (Preflop 70%, Flop 55%, Turn 85%)

HOWEVER, it would be so endlessly helpful if it also showed what HERO's equity was against those hands (even though Hero folded). It would be a MASSIVELY helpful training tool, especially in PLO where hand equities run so close together. I'm often left wondering, after I fold a hand, whether I had the proper equity to call a bet...showing Hero's "would-be" equity against opponents' known holdings would be a HUGE benefit..

***Currently, the only way to see this is to painstakingly input the card values by hand into an equity calculator like ProPokerTools.com - Serious tools for serious players (http://propokertools.com/)
This is something that HEM could easily automate.

EDIT: MODS, IT DID NOT PROPERLY ADD A POLL TO THIS POST, EVEN THOUGH I FOLLOWED THE DIRECTIONS...AND IT ALSO WON'T LET ME DELETE THIS POST. CAN YOU ADD THE POLL?

domino66
06-14-2011, 02:58 PM
I just made a thread in the "suggestion" forum about this, HERE (http://forums.holdemmanager.com/holdem-manager-suggestions/87801-massively-helpful-folded-hand-equity-display-esp-plo.html), but it dawned on me that there may yet be a way to use HEM to see this (although I doubt it).

In short, I want to know what my hand's equity WOULD have been (against the hands that made it to showdown) had I not folded.

This would be a MASSIVELY helpful piece of information, especially in PLO where hand equities run so close together. Right now, the HEM hand-history window pop-out only shows the equities for the hands that DID make it to showdown. But in evaluating the correctness of a fold, it would be VERY useful to know what my hand equity WOULD have been had I not folded.

***Currently, the only way to see this is to painstakingly input the card values by hand into an equity calculator like ProPokerTools.com but it's something that HEM could easily automate. Is there any process currently in HEM that would give me that info without me having to input it in an outside calculator?

Patvs
06-14-2011, 08:48 PM
In short, no.

HoldemManager only has All-in EV.

With your suggestion (when you FOLD) it would only be shown if opponents end up in an all-in battle, which is an interesting suggestion... but HoldemManager doesn't have street-by-street EV to begin with.

So even when you DON'T FOLD, the street-by-street EV will not be shown.
(it will only be shown if you end up in an all-in situation before the river)

Apanage
07-02-2013, 06:55 PM
Well it would still be useful to be able to see the equity of our folded hand compared with ouropponents hands which went to showdown. We already have street-by-street Equity on our hands that went to showdown.

Patvs
07-03-2013, 12:18 AM
up (I merged these two threads - unable to add a poll, but I'll write it up as a feature request)

Patvs
07-03-2013, 12:39 AM
I've written this up as a request: HM-7160 and added both your email addresses to the ticket.