PDA

View Full Version : Bug in "Players" tab

benthj
03-28-2009, 04:41 PM
No really sure if this is a bug, but, when running a report in the Players tab, I just realised that it takes into account the number of hands from each player, when calculation the average of a given stat.

That is in my eyes incorrect, at I just took all players with above 1000 hands this year. I have 60.000 myself, and including the rest of the players, we have 90.000 in total. However, that also means that all stats are essentially skewed towards me, also meaning that when I look at the average for all the stats, I am pretty close to it, which means that I dont really get any valueable information.

I could go down to 500 hands, to get more players in, but then I think the stats get a bit more skewed, due to convergence of the numbers for these players, even though I'm aware that the weighting makes it more accurate the less hands that are included. Still, I think you should either make a an option if one wants a weigthing of the hands, or just take the average no matter what amount of hands each player has played.

Btw, do this method of calculation also go for the "Players Analyses" and "Results Analysis" numbers, as ones weighting would make any comparison useless, if theres for example only 2k hands in the same range as me, compared to my 60k hands?

morny
03-29-2009, 10:21 AM
Escalated to Roy, hell respond asap

benthj
04-04-2009, 05:41 PM
Still no reply on this?

Rvg72
04-06-2009, 01:54 AM
Good point, we actually removed the current selected player stats from this tab before (so when your hero is selected it is not included in stats) but it got added back in recently. We'll fix this

Roy

Rvg72
04-06-2009, 07:43 PM
Actually this is how it works now - current player is not included unless it is an alias. I have now made changes so that if you have an alias selected then none of the names in the alias will be included

Roy

benthj
04-07-2009, 12:11 PM
Thanks. Nice and very quick implementation.