PDA

View Full Version : HEM stats differ from Sharkscope's for Pokerstars

erdnase17
06-13-2011, 09:07 PM
HEM shows different stats for HU SNGs than the ones shown by Sharkscope custom filter for 2-4 player games. Sharkscope shows me as having a negative ROI while HEM shows me as having a positive ROI. The number of games is the same. How can I verify which one is correct? I posted some time ago problems with importing tournaments (mixing turbos and regulars) but apart from that I have no clue what is going on.

ty

Patvs
06-14-2011, 12:42 AM
HoldemManager wrongly detecting (the speed of) a regular SNG as TURBO (or vice versa) shouldn't affect your issue with the difference in ROI.

What can happen is:
-HoldemManager shows you lost a SNG (while in fact you finished in the money)
This can happen when the summary file isn't imported: Read the tournament summary section @ http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/6/PokerStarsSetup
But the result of this will be HoldemManager shows you have a negative ROI, while in reality you have a positive ROI.

-HoldemManager assigns a much larger price ($Won) when you win than you actually win. Example. You win $20. But according to HoldemManager you won $40. This can happen in very rare type of games, example: SHOOTOUT HEADSUP SNGs.

-Go to tourney--> results--> dataview--> are there are INCOMPLETE games?

Update to: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/82571-1-11-07-pre-release.html

Reimport all your handhistories (and summaries) into a NEW database.
Check if the $Won is correct for a game you won.

And then the HoldemManager results are correct.

(Most likely SHARKSCOPE knows how many games you played, but they don't know exactly how many you won, causing the ROI difference)

erdnase17
06-14-2011, 09:19 PM
I upgraded HEM to the pre-release version you recommended and imported the hand histories to a new database.

When I look at the 4 person shootouts I have played it shows the correct amount for the $WON. Example I have played $2.09 buy-in 4 man shootouts and it shows $WON = $8 which is correct, so I guess this is not the reason for the ROI discrepancy between HEM and Pokerstars.

I also have approximately 500 tourneys that show as incomplete which is more than before the upgrade: it looks like HEM lost some of them. When I export a database from the database management interface it does not export the summaries?

Pokerstars does not let me request all of them, only the last 200. The only way is to check the tournament IDs in HEM and import the summaries one by one by ID which is a very tedious task. Is there any other solution? I have configured Pokerstars to save the summaries and HEM to import them some months ago but it looks like it does not import all of them.

Patvs
06-14-2011, 10:20 PM
-4 person shootouts may show the wrong EV.

-If you have 500 incomplete tournies, you can export the results in HoldemManager. (in your old database) Go to tourney--> results--> dataview--> select all the tournies (in the top half of the screen)--> rightclick---> export summary/results.

Don't export handhistories in HoldemManager, just import the original handhistories from your archive folder.
If you email PokerStars support, ask for a .html file with ALL your results.
They should sent you a .html file with results for every STT and MTT you've ever played. Run a "import from file" on that file.

erdnase17
06-14-2011, 10:31 PM
-4 person shootouts may show the wrong EV.

-If you have 500 incomplete tournies, you can export the results in HoldemManager. (in your old database) Go to tourney--> results--> dataview--> select all the tournies (in the top half of the screen)--> rightclick---> export summary/results.

Don't export handhistories in HoldemManager, just import the original handhistories from your archive folder.
If you email PokerStars support, ask for a .html file with ALL your results.
They should sent you a .html file with results for every STT and MTT you've ever played. Run a "import from file" on that file.

I made a mistake when creating the new databaes where I imported the hand histories to the old database (so they were duplicated). When I noticed the number of duplicate hands growing I interrupted the process. Now if I select the old database it is empty, so I cannot recover the 500 incomplete tournies this way.

If I request the complete histories from Pokerstars is it going to include the summaries too?

Thanks for the help.

erdnase17
06-14-2011, 11:15 PM
I just requested the file and they sent me a playing history audit. It does not seem to contain hand histories just results. The import file is unable to process the file (it shows "Found 0 files to process").

olliepower
06-15-2011, 12:37 AM
Email them and tell them you specifically need the original HH and the original summaries.

olliepower
06-15-2011, 12:38 AM
If you they send you the hands and they are still not importing, please send a sample to support@holdemmanager along with a link to this thread. We will take them and test them to see what is wrong.

erdnase17
06-15-2011, 07:01 AM
If you they send you the hands and they are still not importing, please send a sample to support@holdemmanager along with a link to this thread. We will take them and test them to see what is wrong.

They sent me the histories but they said they cannot send the complete tourney summaries??

Quote:
"In addition, while every player is able to request their last two hundred tournament summaries through the PokerStars Lobby, we do not have a tool which duplicates this or that is able to generate requests for more than the last two hundred events."

Patvs
06-15-2011, 08:08 AM
I made a mistake when creating the new databaes where I imported the hand histories to the old database (so they were duplicated). When I noticed the number of duplicate hands growing I interrupted the process. Now if I select the old database it is empty, so I cannot recover the 500 incomplete tournies this way.

If I request the complete histories from Pokerstars is it going to include the summaries too?

Thanks for the help.

You don't have to worry about duplicate hands. HoldemManager will skip the import of all duplicate hands. It will only show some hands already exist in the database, but won't actually import them twice.

You can request two things via the PokerStars client: last x hands / last x summaries.

If you email PokerStars, you can request:
-handhistory of every hand you've ever played
-.html file with your results

The results file is similar to a "summary" file, but will only show YOUR results.
So it won't show the finish position of the OTHER players.

I just requested the file and they sent me a playing history audit. It does not seem to contain hand histories just results. The import file is unable to process the file (it shows "Found 0 files to process").

Did they sent you a .html file?
You need to import the handhistories first. And then import the .html file last.

They sent me the histories but they said they cannot send the complete tourney summaries??

Quote:
"In addition, while every player is able to request their last two hundred tournament summaries through the PokerStars Lobby, we do not have a tool which duplicates this or that is able to generate requests for more than the last two hundred events."

You don't need the summaries of ALL your 500+ games. Just the .html file with your results.

erdnase17
06-15-2011, 09:53 AM
Got the summaries html file and everything is working fine now.

Thank you very much for the detailed explanations.