PDA

View Full Version : Tourney-Results lags so much.

0XEEr
06-12-2011, 09:18 AM
Hello,
for some reason, when I want to look at my results in Tourney section, it freezes and I have to wait like 5 minutes until it opens.
Im only getting this lag with my nickname on Entraction network, other (like PS, IPN) works good without lag problems.

Is there any way how to fix? I only have on my Entraction nick like 800 tourneys. Importing hands works fine with this site.

Thank you

netsrak
06-12-2011, 09:40 AM
Please try a reindex of your database via pgadminIII->maintenance.
If that doesn't help you should create a new database and reimport all your hands (+notes +summaries).

0XEEr
06-12-2011, 01:43 PM
Reindexing whole database did not work.
So I tried creating new DB and reimporting all hands (which took almost 5 hours, lol), and still getting this annoying like for 5-10mins. Its unusable :(

Patvs
06-12-2011, 08:34 PM
Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files and for postgres.exe, port 5432, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Read:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html

Especially turn off logging, update PostgreSQL, assign more RAM to PostgreSQL.

Most LAG when requesting to see tourney results (or a graph) is caused, because:
-a program is monitoring (or partially blocking) the PostgreSQL connection
-the harddisk can't handle that many 4k reads. (4k read speeds are very slow on a non SSD harddisk)