PDA

View Full Version : Alias-slow stats pages

hutchylad
06-12-2011, 06:06 AM
Hi,

I have just created an alias for my Stars and FTP accounts, but when I goto load the report tab for instance it takes 30 seconds+ for anything to appear. I have used an Alias previously and it hadn't taken this long before. Any advice to stop it happening, or is this normal?
Thanks in advance

ETA: I don't have a mass of info on these probably less than 30k hands over the two acc.

netsrak
06-12-2011, 09:39 AM
please remove the 3 winner cards from the hands view (under options -> settings -> hands view columns)

hutchylad
06-12-2011, 05:41 PM
please remove the 3 winner cards from the hands view (under options -> settings -> hands view columns)

It's still the same, this wouldn't affect the graphs would it?

Patvs
06-12-2011, 08:24 PM
Read:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/11194-top-10-hem-performance-increase-tips.html

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files and for postgres.exe and port 5432, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Lag, when requesting a graph can be caused by:
-some program (like a firewall) monitoring the PostgreSQL connection
-harddisk causing lag. Even with a small database (30k hands from 2 players, the harddisk has to perform thousands of reads from several tables/indexes)
-

hutchylad
06-14-2011, 10:34 AM
Problem seems to be fixed now, after I followed advice on the sticky :D

Note to self(and everyone else): MUST READ STICKIES!

Thanks for your help:)