PDA

View Full Version : Major HEM bug. Really stressed out.

Tumaterminator
03-26-2009, 03:41 PM
So I've been having somewhat of a recurring problem and getting basically no help from emailing support. This is a post I just made in the 2p2 software forum:

Okay. I'm running 1.08 beta 17. I've had a problem where occasionally I would get an error that reads like this:

Exception thrown in destructor
(f:\sp\vctools\vc7libs\ship\atlmfc\src\mfc\filecor e.cpp:111)
an unnamed file was not found

everytime I opened a stars table. It was a problem with my table manager, so obviously my hud wouldn't be working. Normally when I rebooted my computer all would be forgotten.

This time, I tried relaunching the hud before rebooting. I got a message that read:

couldn't load config\PosPref.txt

If you continue new panel positions will be written
Do you want to continue?

So I freaked out, clicked No, and rebooted.

Cpu loads back up, I open Stars and HEM. I sit at a few tables and I don't get the destruction error message. But now HEM isn't tracking any of my hands, despite the import folders remaining unchanged. And when I relaunch the hud, it closes immediately.

I'm on such lifetilt right now. I'm using a pretty new computer that's running Vista. Has anyone else had similar problems, or have any idea of what's going on with me? I've emailed support a bunch of times and they're always like- "try downloading the new beta software (already got it guys) and rebooting. we'll forward this to ___ manager to have another look." And then the upper level person either won't respond or won't give me a detailed answer.

I'm gonna reboot again and see if that helps, but still, all of this is freaking ridiculous.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/45/software/hem-driving-me-crazy-444928/#post9592597

I'm just ridiculously annoyed right now, and I feel like I've been brushed off by support. After numerous emails, I still have no idea what might be the CAUSE of these problems. Should I look to download an older version of HEM? Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Mike

bobkaare
03-26-2009, 03:50 PM
Hey

I use an older version of HEM 1.07 and i got the same anoying problem as you described first in your post a Table manager ERROR.Restarting the PC everytime this happen is not a thing i will continue to do much longer so SUPORT plz give some help /feedback to the first poster and me on this issue.

morny
03-26-2009, 03:55 PM
Please see this thread http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4899&page=2