PDA

View Full Version : Any way to make stats more concrete?

prefloprange
06-11-2011, 04:37 AM
Hi all, guys and apologize for my weak english. I play HU superturbo SNG's and this problem is huge for me.
It's not a secret that by default HM counting standart 3bet and 3bet-shove as one "3bet" percentage. For "btn steal" counts both open-shove and minRaise, and for "fold to steal" counts both folding on shove and folding on 2x-3x open.
For NLcash and 6-10max sngs-tourneys this problem is not critical, even though is important. But for HU superturbos, where 50% of hands playing in push/fold manner , this generalizations is a big problem , since you can't really define how much the opponent actually steal 2-3x, how much is he 3bet normal size, and how much is he folds to 2x open. Because this stats also contains preflop pushes and fold on them.
Is there anyway to make stats more concrete? If no , could you please add this important opportunity to future releases? Thanks everybody.

netsrak
06-11-2011, 05:43 AM
1.11.07 contains lots of new hud stats: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/82571-1-11-07-pre-release.html
The list is in this thread: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/releases/51861-1-11-06g-official-release.html

Patvs
06-12-2011, 08:13 PM
It's not really possible to make the stat more concrete.

You can use filters (run those filter after a game, or on the opponents you encounter the most) for, for example:
raise 2x BB
raise 3x BB
raise 4x BB, etc. so you can see exactly what type of hands (and how often) they minraise.

But if a player has a tell in his betsizing, it's best to just take a note on what his betsizing means.

prefloprange
06-18-2011, 02:17 PM
Using filters is a real pain and mostly worthless, since the opponents field is huge. At superturbo sngs 90% opponents use just 3 options on the button preflop : minraise, preflop push or complete sb. It's not something about "betsizing tells", it's about percentage they minRaise. And right now it's VERY hard to determine it just by "btn steal" stat, since it contains preflop pushes as well.
Guys, are u seriosly that it's impossible to make this stats more concrete? Im not a programmer, but i think we need to add one important stat "preflop push %" and then few more that easy calculates like "non-push btn steal" (btn steal % minus preflop push % from btn) . Same way with "non-push resteal" , and "fold % to non-push steal". I think this is pretty easy, most SNG'ers would be VERY greatful for this help. Is that possible? Thanks =)

Patvs
06-18-2011, 03:03 PM
I'm intrigued by a "PUSH stat", since it will be very helpful for SNG players.
But I'm not sure it can easily be added as a feature in HoldemManager.
The handhistories on some poker sites will clearly write: Patvs raises to 1300 chips and is all-in, but on other sites it will just write that I raise, without mentioning I'm allin.

So HM need a formula.. if you raise 2x the size of the big blind it's a minraise.
If you raise for the same size as your entire stack (or the handhistory reads you're all-in), you're all-in. (this actually is a lot of work since it's different for each site how they write this to the handhistory file)

Suggest it here: http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/51541-adding-new-stats-hm-soon-please-add-your-support-your-stats.html

prefloprange
06-19-2011, 04:29 AM
Thanks for quick reply ) Is it possible to add this stat at least for FTP and PS? I believe 80% seirous SNG'ers (who uses additional software like HM) play at these two sites. Other 20% play at Ongame, i believe =)