PDA

View Full Version : Holdem Manager Encounters a Problem and Closes as Soon as I Try to Open It

Lego05
06-10-2011, 11:57 PM
A few days ago HEM worked fine. Now today when I try to open it I immediately get an error message saying:

"Holdem Manager.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I even uninstalled Holdem Manager and reinstalled it, but I get the same error message.

I then uninstalled HEM and PostgresSQL and reinstalled both of them. I get the same thing.

I don't know what is happening.

Unrelated to HEM I also have an external harddrive that plugs in via a USB port and I am now having the same things happening to that.

netsrak
06-11-2011, 05:34 AM
are you using any 3rd party firewall, anti-spyware, adaware, tuning or registry cleaning programs? and if yes which ones?

But the similar problem with the USB disk makes me think that you have a general hardware or operating system problem.

Lego05
06-11-2011, 09:15 PM
are you using any 3rd party firewall, anti-spyware, adaware, tuning or registry cleaning programs? and if yes which ones?

But the similar problem with the USB disk makes me think that you have a general hardware or operating system problem.

No third party anythings.

I also seem to have the google redirect virus. I don't know if that is related, but I've been unsuccessfully trying to fix that. I've downloaded Norton, TDSSKiller, Hitman Pro, ComboFix, Microsoft's Malicious software detector thing. None of them got it. (I've since removed Norton from my computer.

I unplugged and reset my router. Now I can't get my wireless to work. and I still get the google redirects with my comp plugged directly into the modem.

I might try to reformat my computer if I can't figure this out, but with my external harddrive not working I will have to get something else to back stuff up.

Also with Holdem Manager not working I can't get in and export the hand histories to back them up. So am I correct in thinking that if I go ahead and reformat I will lose my Holdem Manager database? Is there some other way to back up the data?

Patvs
06-11-2011, 10:00 PM
Backup your C:/HMArchive folder (or achive folder)
If you ZIP/RAR this folder it will become such a small file maybe you can store it on a USB memory stick (or email the file to yourself)

For every 1 GB of handhistory .txt files it should compress to a 50-80 MB .zip/.rar file.

----

Which Operating System are you using?

Did you try AVG Free anti-virus and Spybot Search & Destroy?

----

If you were using HoldemManager NOTES, you need to be able to connect to the database to export them. Or backup your PostgreSQL/8.4/data folder. (though for each 1 million handhistories will result in 10 GB of data in this folder)

Lego05
06-12-2011, 01:30 AM
Backup your C:/HMArchive folder (or achive folder)
If you ZIP/RAR this folder it will become such a small file maybe you can store it on a USB memory stick (or email the file to yourself)

For every 1 GB of handhistory .txt files it should compress to a 50-80 MB .zip/.rar file.

----

Which Operating System are you using?

Did you try AVG Free anti-virus and Spybot Search & Destroy?

----

If you were using HoldemManager NOTES, you need to be able to connect to the database to export them. Or backup your PostgreSQL/8.4/data folder. (though for each 1 million handhistories will result in 10 GB of data in this folder)

I haven't tried those, but I guess I will try them next. Thanks.

Is that the only way to back up the hands though? When I looked in the archive folders there are folders in there marked 2007,2010, and 2011. So it is missing all of 2008 and 2009 and I'm not positive it even has all of the hands for the other years in there. When I click on those folders there are more folders titled as numbers and there are gaps in the numbers. For example in the 2007 folder there are 4 folders titled: 04, 06, 07, and 09. In those tend to be more folders titled with numbers and inside those are notepad docs.

Patvs
06-12-2011, 01:37 AM
04, 06 are April and June, the folders with 1-31 numbers in there are the corresponding days.

If you're missing 2008/2009, is it possible you were using a different archive folder before? (or already at some point made a backup of the archive folder, because that folder was getting too big.. and then started with an empty archive folder?)

On which sites did you play these hands?
If you played most of them on Full Tilt or PokerStars, just email their support and request the handhistories for every hand you've ever played. Their records also go back to 2007.