PDA

View Full Version : screen freeze while HUD running/hands importing

InCr3dIbL3
03-25-2009, 02:06 PM
Hi,

Everything is pretty much said in the title, my Holdem Manager freezes when i'm playing a session after a few minutes. The freeze lasts for generally over 30 seconds, and i can't click on anything while it's freezed.

I have unticked the "import from subfolders" in the auto import options, downloaded the latest version, and tried with the beta 1.08, but that doesn't help either.

I'm running windows vista SP1, and my laptop is quite OK so that shouldn't be the problem i think. Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T5800 @ 2.00GHz

It only freezes with holdem manager, never happens when it is not running.

Thanks for the help, i'm quite desperate over here.

morny
03-25-2009, 04:12 PM
Please try these steps, btw if none of the steps work can you tell me what site your playing on http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/?f=162

InCr3dIbL3
03-25-2009, 05:03 PM
Please try these steps, btw if none of the steps work can you tell me what site your playing on http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/?f=162

Ok cheers i'm gonna try, i let you know.

I'm playing on Ongame by the way, on the room Winamax.

Mansen
04-03-2009, 09:23 PM
i have exact the same freeze problems as Incredible on STARS !
I tried everyhing, it isnt a problem with graphicdrivers etc .

It happens , if 2 or more tables "pop-uP" at the same time,
the freezes last between 30-60 sec ,
but when i was fast enough and stop the auto import immediatly, the freeze last only e few seconds.
IMO, Its a problem with the auto import or the HUD.

My Settings/System
Windows XP SP 3 ,
Net-Framework 2.0
HM 1.08 beta 22

I hope u can help us

panem et circenses
04-04-2009, 07:57 AM
Same problem here. I get freezes on Stars, iPoker and FTP when I am playing a certain amount of tables, usually 12 and above causes problems. It's pretty cleary the HUD, cos when I close the table Manager quickly enough (which causes the Windows error message where you get the chance to force-close it, cos it's frozen itself), the freeze immediately stops when the stats disappear and I can continue playing.
I am running XP Pro, already update graphics driver, NetFramework, set opacity to full, did a defrag and vacuum. I am using Kaspersky tho and do need the multiple panels. Also, once I made all the settings in HEM, I got back to using 120 DPI Settings (btw, when are you fixing the issues with that causing overlaps in the icons and writing?), could this cause any HUD errors?
This is really tilting and costing me money:mad:

InCr3dIbL3
04-04-2009, 09:47 AM
Yeah, costs quite a lot of money to be honest, everytime you freeze you're just sit out and have to give up the current hands :(

morny
04-04-2009, 10:06 AM
Escalated to Mike, just to note for anyone playing on stars there is a known bug where opening the last hand window will cause lag which were working on

Mike chops
04-05-2009, 08:53 AM
Same problem here. I get freezes on Stars, iPoker and FTP when I am playing a certain amount of tables, usually 12 and above causes problems. It's pretty cleary the HUD, cos when I close the table Manager quickly enough (which causes the Windows error message where you get the chance to force-close it, cos it's frozen itself), the freeze immediately stops when the stats disappear and I can continue playing.
I am running XP Pro, already update graphics driver, NetFramework, set opacity to full, did a defrag and vacuum. I am using Kaspersky tho and do need the multiple panels. Also, once I made all the settings in HEM, I got back to using 120 DPI Settings (btw, when are you fixing the issues with that causing overlaps in the icons and writing?), could this cause any HUD errors?
This is really tilting and costing me money:mad:

Sorry you guys are having problems. Can you (or anyone else) enable the hud logging (hud options table prefs) and send me the log.txt from the ..holdem manager\logs folder, after you close the HUD because of this crash.

mike@holdemmanager.net

panem et circenses
04-05-2009, 06:48 PM
I will do that. Is it the log.txt in the folder Logs? Or is that just for Holdem Manager and not the HUD? How do I procede after I had a freeze? Cos usually I just close the table manager, but open it again, so i get my stats back. Will this corrupt or reset the logfile?
When I close and open HEM again afterwards, is the log reset then?

morny
04-06-2009, 08:11 AM
Yeah thats the file, send it after the freeze but before you close and restart the Hud/HM

panem et circenses
04-06-2009, 08:41 AM
Well, obviously I will have to terminate the Table Manager before I can do anything else. After that, can I just copy and paste the logfile to a different location to save it at the stage of right after the freeze and then send it later?

BTW Mike, I attempted to send you a log yesterday evening, but the email came back saying your inbox is full. The logfile was only 254 KB.

morny
04-06-2009, 08:47 AM
Ok so it freezes completely until you close the table manager so, thats fine just close it and then send it

try mlamb1@gmail.com if mike@holdemmanager.net isnt working

Mansen
04-08-2009, 03:50 PM
Hi Mike,
ive send my Hud Log @ your gmail adress.
I hope it helps u.
Ive closed the table manager during the freeze, i hope it was ok.

Blitz
04-08-2009, 04:09 PM
any fix to this yet? Seems to be same problem I'm having. On Stars it seems to randomly freeze on me (I get an error note from Table Manager when it happens). If I quickly close stars and HEM and restart it all I can make it without missing a hand, but it's a pain, and for some reason autoreload doesn't work from that point on until I quit playing and restart PS again. I play 20ish tables on PS 7 to 8 hrs a day and this problem happens maybe 1 time a week, not sure why/what/how it does it, but would love a fix. Also when this happens, I'm able close PS and reopen w/o losing my seats, any other time I close Stars while seated I would leave the table (cash games).....if that makes sense.

ash0803
04-08-2009, 11:52 PM
I think I get the same problem on betfred (ipoker) when I 12 table. It seems to be every few minutes the whole screen lags and it becomes almost impossible to move the mouse. It doesn't freeze completely like the others reported though. Just becomes almost unmoveable. It means I can't play a lot of hands and u end up making big mistakes cos you're trying desperately to click a button.

It doesn't happen for me when i play around 9 tables. When I close the Table Manager everything is smooth again. Please fix as soon as poss!! Its very very frustrating!

btw I'm running Vista 32 bit

morny
04-09-2009, 07:49 AM
Were still looking into this

royman07
04-10-2009, 02:46 AM
I am also having this problem. Running on vista ultimate. I have to CTRL+ALT+DELETE and end HEM process so I can play the hands I am currently involved in, and sometimes it is too late by the time I can get to it (mouse is freezing while I am trying to close the program). Going to find an older version becuase when I first got HEM this wasen't a problem.

panem et circenses
04-10-2009, 09:28 AM
I think I get the same problem on betfred (ipoker) when I 12 table. It seems to be every few minutes the whole screen lags and it becomes almost impossible to move the mouse. It doesn't freeze completely like the others reported though. Just becomes almost unmoveable. It means I can't play a lot of hands and u end up making big mistakes cos you're trying desperately to click a button.

It doesn't happen for me when i play around 9 tables. When I close the Table Manager everything is smooth again. Please fix as soon as poss!! Its very very frustrating!

btw I'm running Vista 32 bit

You are right, it isnt a complete freeze, but its so slow, I would definately time out on all tables. I can however close the table manager thru the task manager and immediately be able to act again, just without stats then. I can also confirm the number of tables its happening, 12 or more seems to be critical.
Maybe we can find similarities to our systems that could be the reason. I am running it on Win XP Pro, so the OS doesnt seem to be the problem. What about 3rd party software, especially anitvirus? I am running Kaspersky version 7. Graphics card could be another source: ATI 1950pro here with Catalyst 9.3.

ash0803
04-10-2009, 10:34 AM
You are right, it isnt a complete freeze, but its so slow, I would definately time out on all tables. I can however close the table manager thru the task manager and immediately be able to act again, just without stats then. I can also confirm the number of tables its happening, 12 or more seems to be critical.
Maybe we can find similarities to our systems that could be the reason. I am running it on Win XP Pro, so the OS doesnt seem to be the problem. What about 3rd party software, especially anitvirus? I am running Kaspersky version 7. Graphics card could be another source: ATI 1950pro here with Catalyst 9.3.

I'm running Avast antivirus and Comodo Firewall. I'm running an Nvidia 8600gt card so seems its nothing to do with them. Just seems like a bug for the HEM team to sort out.

I can confirm that with the earlier versions this didn't happen. I can't remember exactly which version it started happening but it has to be at least a couple of versions.

ash0803
04-20-2009, 03:57 PM
Is there any news on a fix for this? Its been a while now and its really making me tilt and time out on hands

Blitz
04-24-2009, 12:35 AM
Still waiting on a fix. Anything yet?

headtheball
04-24-2009, 03:04 AM
My whole PC freezes up sometimes when using HEM. I then have to reboot my PC. BTW this is a brand new PC with a pretty good specification.

It seems to me that there are certain situations when it is likely to happen:

* when I have lots of tables open
* when I play tournaments as opposed to cash games
* when a new table has just been opened
* when playing on some tables and observing others

So I use HEM when playing cash tables ATM but don't switch the HUD on when playing tournaments although I would really like to. Can you please look into this?

Mansen
04-24-2009, 06:20 PM
Ive tried a lot, but i didnt find the problem, ít still resists.
It happens only, if the table(s) pop-up.

everything works fine if i enable "force on top" in the Options....
Has someone else the same freezes with "force on top" ?
Can someone plz test this ?

The problem with FoT is, that i can play max 6-8 tables on one screen,
otherwise the HUD covers the other tables....
this problem makes me crazy :confused:

panem et circenses
04-28-2009, 06:00 PM
The freezes came at the table popping up for me too. I could get rid of it by disabling my Kaspersky Antivirus before i start a session. Have you tried shutting down your antivirus software and firewall, if you have one?
It's still a pain in the ass, so I hope they can fix those issues with future releases.

ash0803
04-29-2009, 12:37 PM
please give an update on how this is going. Had no reply from the team in a while. Its really hurting my game and I need to know when it will be looked at.

Mansen
04-29-2009, 12:57 PM
i use also Kaspersky AV & Firewall...
i will test it at my next session tonight..

headtheball
05-01-2009, 06:14 AM
I have turned on the log file but no freezing so far. I am reluctant to invoke an actual freeze-up as it so much hassle to reboot my machine while tournaments are progressing without me. However this freeze-up when it happens is usually preceded by horizontal lines on one or more tables, usually the last one loaded. The horizontal line thing happened yesterday or the day before so I captured the screen freeze. I attach the screen-shot. (I hope) :)

Names have been blanked out to protect the innocent.

headtheball
05-02-2009, 01:21 PM
I set the log files option on but when everything came to a halt today, I had to restart my computer. So I can't send the log files. I had a number of tournament tables open and just as a new tournament started, everything just stopped. Again.
I did not start HEM up again when I restarted my computer.
When I had ONE (final) table left, I thought I would start HEM up again. FREEZE!
Had to reboot PC again. Didn't start up HEM. HEM doesn't seem to like tourney tables.

morny
05-16-2009, 07:28 PM
Escalated to Mike, hell respond asap

Mike chops
05-17-2009, 12:37 PM
Can people experiencing the problem with tournaments please switch off the "pre-fetch one hand" option on the Hud options->site settings->poker stars menu.

Log files would be helpful. I understand if you want to continue playing, but could you please go to the config folder and move the log.txt file somewhere else. Then restart holdem manager. Take down 1st prize and then email me the log.txt file.

mike@holdemmanager.net

ash0803
05-17-2009, 12:44 PM
Can people experiencing the problem with tournaments please switch off the "pre-fetch one hand" option on the Hud options->site settings->poker stars menu.

Log files would be helpful. I understand if you want to continue playing, but could you please go to the config folder and move the log.txt file somewhere else. Then restart holdem manager. Take down 1st prize and then email me the log.txt file.

mike@holdemmanager.net

Hi

I think there seems to some people with different problems all in this thread. I will try and restate the original problem so it may make things clearer.

Personally, I am using Betfred and when I use more than 9 or 10 tables with the HUD there comes times where the pc acts so slowly that it seems to "freeze". The mouse will start responding really slowly and tables time out because you are not able to click on any buttons.

After a while everything becomes smooth and fine again. If I exit the HUD whilst in the slow jerky state everything is fine again. I will try and send you the log file next time it happens but I already play less tables as I am wary of the problem and it has cost me a lot of $$$ already. However, there doesn't seem to be any error message or problem apart from something seeming to hog the cpu and slow the whole computer down.

I believe this was the main reason the thread was started and the "freezing" lead people to misunderstand the problem. I hope this info helps you to look into this.

headtheball
05-18-2009, 11:45 PM
I have this problem sometimes when I'm playing cash games too. I have been paying close attention to what is going on just before the problem.

I'm almost certain the problem happens when I already have a number of tables open (8+) and a new table / tournament pops up. I have resorted to turning auto import off just before a new tourney starts then turning it on again afterwards. This seems to work but is a bit of a pain.

lonelycube
05-19-2009, 02:36 AM
I just had an idea that I wanted to share but don't know if it works.
In task manager you can assign processes to CPUs. If you put like the postgres and the HM processes on one and the poker client on the other CPU....
I also remember that you can use the start command to assign this on the start of the app. You can also try to change the priority but you shouldn't use real time.

Good luck!

Mansen
05-25-2009, 08:10 PM
always the same freakin S*'?~ .. it makes me crazy ...

It happens only, if one tables overlays to another.
If they are side by side, i don´t have this problem.

Ive changed the graphic driver and all the stuff, but its still the same.
Sometimes after 1 hour, sometimes after 2 minutes,
Imo, the main-trigger of this problem has to do with overlay-tables (Cascade)

....sigh

ash0803
06-03-2009, 05:59 PM
Hi guys

I changed a few things on my computer and I dont think I have as many freezes anymore. (for the last 2 days anyway)

I wonder if this helps and if anyone can confirm.

I had apache 2 running and MYSQL in the background which I have now stopped. This probably had nothing to do with it.

I also changed antivirus and firewall from AVAST and comodo to using Avira Antivir and Outpost.

Lemme know if this works for you

MaxRaises
06-11-2009, 04:08 PM
I'm having a lot of trouble stacking 24 tables on Stars while running the latest version of HEM + HUD.

morny
06-11-2009, 08:27 PM
Whats your exact version and have you tried this FAQ http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=162