PDA

View Full Version : deleting database

razor25
06-09-2011, 02:39 PM
hi - i wish to erase the current data from my hem and start again. I found something in the faq here

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/75/Create+%7B47%7D+Delete+Database

but i dont have a password when i am prompted.

so i need to know a) if this is the right way of going about what i want and
b) if there is anything i can do about the password situation

thanks

JPonline
06-09-2011, 02:48 PM
the default password is "postgrespass"

open the PGAdmin, (start menu) double click on the running server, put in Password, expand the databases section, right click on database you want to delet, and delete/drop it. (do not delete the maintainance database "postgres")

next time you start Holdemmanager it will show an error, becaus it does not find the Database. in the next window click connect, and create a new database . . . done
:)

I hope thats what you wanted. you will have a DB with 0 hands, brand new start.

kind regards
Julius

razor25
06-09-2011, 02:57 PM
thanks man - i am getting a bit further but still a prob :)

ok, i now expand the databases section and it is not clear what are the databases. i have left the postgres thing alone as you said. my only other option is a folder called holdem manager, which i presume is correct. it says i have two databases (in brackets), but there are not two clear things to delete at this stage.

now, i have three more sub folders, called catalogs, schemas and replication. Catalogs has a (2) next two it, so is it that?

JPonline
06-09-2011, 03:05 PM
right click on the holdemmanager "folder" (thats actually no folder, but the database itself) and click delete/drop.

razor25
06-09-2011, 03:21 PM
tried that - it says error: database holdem manager is being accessed by other users.
detail: there are 1 other sessions using the database.

JPonline
06-09-2011, 03:24 PM
is holdemmanager running? close it.
try restarting your computer

razor25
06-09-2011, 03:38 PM
it wasnt on but restarting my pc did the trick.

perfect - thanks very much.